Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U ready to recieve your Healthy Body? What R the TOP things you are excited to do when you hit your goal?

"There is no difference between wishing for a thing and being READY to receive it! No one is ready for a thing, until he or she believes they can acquire it. The state of MIND must be BELIEF, not mere hope or wish. Open-Mindedness is essential for belief" - Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill

I am reading this book right now and wanted to share as I have been thinking about my weight loss journey and how I am ready to RECEIVE! I was thinking about the things I am most excited of doing when I achieve my goal weight. You will be surprised how simple they really are.

QUESTION: WHAT THINGS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO WHEN YOU ACHIEVE your goal weight???

I will go FIRST:

1. Playing with my 11 year old daughter outside and not quitting because I am hot & uncomfortable! So excited to ride bikes with her

2. To wear short sleeve shirts and shorts in the summer and not wear long sleeves and long pants because I am embarrassed of my arms & legs ahhhhhhhh FREEDOM!

3. Go out in public and not be so concerned with what people think of my weight. Just having fun while living my life

4. Doing presentations and parties for my job and doing so with confidence, not thinking one moment about how I look over weight!!!

5. Feeling SEXY again and wearing clothes that show off my beautiful healthy body

6. Going to the Doctor and having a HEALTHY REPORT on all my blood work and NOT BEING IN THE OBESE CATEGORY! WHAT WHAT!

Edited by cindyvirden.com

For me:

1. Going out of the house to do things with my children.

2. Shopping for clothes, anywhere & buying styles/colors I like rather that what is available in my size.

3. Getting down to a weight I can get breast reconstruction due to cancer.

4. Feeling better about sex, looking better.

5. Becoming who I am on the inside on the outside.

Of course overall HEALTHIER! Less medications.

1. Enjoying my kids and and setting a good example of healthly living and knowing I'm gonig to actively enjoy them grow up!!!!!

2. Not worrying about having a stroke due to high blood pressure at the age of 34 or getting diabetes due to obesity.

3. Shopping wherever I want and knowing that they're going to have it in my size:-) :-)

4. More self confidence and pride

5. Not worrying about flying and if the seatbelt is going to fit.

6. Looking Haaaaute:-)

7. Going on awesome vacations and being able to do whatever activity I want and not worry about weight limits, stares, etc.

8. Swimming without a tent

9. Being able to be the real me, my outside matching the inside.

10. Loving myself for who I am and what I've done for me and for my family!

Edited by enjoythetime

Colleen I LOVE LOVE LOVE your reply to this question. It actually brought a tear to my eyes because I can visualize you achieving these goals. I have to remember that the surgery is just a tool and I have to do the work, mostly in my mind & then follow the plan. I am so excited for you to achieve your results. You should make a DREAM BOARD and put your weight loss WHY up with the things you mentioned so you can remember during the hard times.

Love... Cindy

WOW... I looked at your accomplishments and you are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing what you are now able to do and continue to do with a healthy BODY! Living your life in Victory what a journey we are all on Love ya... Cindy

COLLEEN C

For me:

1. Going out of the house to do things with my children.

2. Shopping for clothes, anywhere & buying styles/colors I like rather that what is available in my size.

3. Getting down to a weight I can get breast reconstruction due to cancer.

4. Feeling better about sex, looking better.

5. Becoming who I am on the inside on the outside.

Of course overall HEALTHIER! Less medications.

COLLEEN #5 SAYS IT ALL! LOVE IT! THAT IS GOING IN MY ART JOURNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sparklingbeauty53

1. Feel and look healthy

2. Not be a slave to food

3. Being here for my grand children for a loooooong time

Other things, be able to exercise comfortably, look great in my motorcycle jacket :P , shop "off the rack" in small sizes, not be wear a belt with my jeans and a shirt "tucked" in!, wear shorts and a bathing suit and feel great!, wear my rings without feeling tight, Wear a pretty dress and feel beautiful ... and so many more!

Feeling good about myself. All of me-the inside and the outside-the entire package instead of beating myself up inside. I want to be free from my horrible, shameful thoughts I put in my own head. I believe this will give me freedom from anxiety and panic attacks.

@@cindyvirden.com Awe, thank you very much for your support! It really means alot.

WOW... I looked at your accomplishments and you are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing what you are now able to do and continue to do with a healthy BODY! Living your life in Victory what a journey we are all on Love ya... Cindy

Not being scared chairs are not going to hold my weight when I sit down.

Not hanging over the sides of chairs.

Not hearing rude whispers and comments about my weight.

Not constantly receiving unsolicited advice about how to lose weight.

Being able to shop for clothes anywhere and have a selection of the store larger than a postage stamp to chose from.

Not having to make sure my shirts are at least 29+ inches long.

Not feeling bad about photos, such as not wanting to be in group photos or not allowing people to take photos of me at gatherings.

Not feeling like people are judging me by what I eat.

Hopefully a much better dating pool.

Being able to travel places I've always wanted to go.

Feeling healthy for a change!

Being able to travel, whether it is to the grocery or overseas.

Walking without losing breath.

My doc and I talk all the time about the mindful part of the process. He's convinced that I've done as well as I have because I came to the decision slowly and carefully. I put in the work before the procedure to change my mindset. I acknowledged the parts of me that needed to change. I came to the surgery at peace with me. Part of this process (for me) was listing the things that I wanted to be able to do again (or for the first time).

Here is my list.

1. Own/ride a bike (done...have been riding since January).

2. Move easier (done...arthritis pain is a minimum most days and controlled without meds)

3. Ride roller coasters (done...went to bush gardens in April)

4. Regain the self-confidence I lost over the years (work in progress)

5. Become friends with myself again (work in progress)

6. Wear cute clothes (I am a girl after all....LOL)

7. Laugh, live, and love bigger and bigger as my body gets smaller :)

I love the Dream Board idea.

I started a list when I began researching WLS but I misplaced it once I changed phones. Time to write a new list.

Not all of my to-dos are happy. Most are, but as many of us know, many obese people have some big life changes to make, like continuing to live with toxic people. I know that part of my WLS this year was to kick my butt into gear to do some tough things I've waited way too long to do out of fear. I knew if I took control of my eating and my body that I would be strong enough to make the needed changes. I can't hide in my food anymore.

WLS is helping me be powerful, and I'm going to need that.