Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IF YOU COULD tell yourself this 1 thing BEFORE U HAD SURGERY what would THAT BE?

“Your Mom is going to die a week after your surgery.”

But really that boils down to the advice “be prepared for anything – and have support” – for so many people this is a financial drain and they push, push, push for that earliest date. Give your resources flexibility, as well as consider your closest friends and families schedules. These two things will make any emergency you have post-surgery much easier to handle.

Don't let averages, statistics or naysayers limit your goals. On the other hand, be kind to yourself and Celebrate your successes, even if you don't get to some charts ideal weight.... be focused on success without the self loathing that sometimes comes with that.

I never ever thought a person like me who started at a BMI over 50, could have a BMI under 25 and turn into a hot chick at age 50! If you look at my profile and see my before picture, I think you can get a sense that I really could not visualize myself ever being physically attractive. The possibilities are endless and you truly are the master of your own weight destiny - just keep working that sleeve.

Always wear cute undies... you NEVER know when your pants will fall down...

“Your Mom is going to die a week after your surgery.”

But really that boils down to the advice “be prepared for anything – and have support” – for so many people this is a financial drain and they push, push, push for that earliest date. Give your resources flexibility, as well as consider your closest friends and families schedules. These two things will make any emergency you have post-surgery much easier to handle.

I am so sorry. This post just kicked the breath out of me. I agree we need to be prepared for anything. We cannot have a crystal ball and know what's coming next. I wish you peace and a happy life.

I would tell myself "you may think you are ready, but you aren't". I thought I knew it all, did my research. And I did. What I didn't realize was how emotional this would be. Silly me. I also would go with that whole maximize the early months of restrictions. ( I didn't enough) Oh...and the "don't try it, not even one bite." I made that mistake. Was doing great, no problems with cravings. Then I did what most addicts do that leads to their downfall, I thought "I can have one (bite)".. I have been fighting my demons and the carb junky monkey on my back ever since. Once you get your body into ketosis through the liquid phase and the early stages post op, keep it going. Don't throw away all that hard work for just one bite. Literally that was all it took. But I would also say "self- glad you did it." I only wish I had taken this road years ago, instead of waiting as long as I did.

Everything will change when you change. So get ready. Suddenly you are fierce!

Also, do this young enough so you don't end up with the "I wish I had done this years ago" syndrome.

You will surprise and delight yourself with your success.....and you deserve every moment of the happiness coming your way. Be prepared for tremendous relief because your battles with appetite will be over. And you will love exercising. You'll be in sync with your body again and the feelings of betrayal will be a thing of the past.

You will surprise and delight yourself with your success.....and you deserve every moment of the happiness coming your way. Be prepared for tremendous relief because your battles with appetite will be over. And you will love exercising. You'll be in sync with your body again and the feelings of betrayal will be a thing of the past.

Wow Bandista - that's really beautifully.

Thank you bandista! That is well said and sooo true. It's time to love our bodies instead of considering them to be the enemy.