Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@greensleeve Wow trapeze.. now thats the first time I've heard that one! :D

I am 6lbs away from my first major goal of 100 lbs... that leaves me 101lbs to go. I still have a long road ahead of me although I have kicked so major butt these last 4 months to get to where I am now. As a reward I am going to Disneyland in August. I am still thinking about what I will do when I hit my goal weight...

I took my very first vacation alone in April. I'm 55 and have never been out of New England and in 35yrs I had never been away from my husband. My hubby couldn't get time off from his new job so I went to visit my son in California all by myself. He wanted me to meet his girl, who might be 'the one'. I was very nervous about driving alone from the San Diego airport to San Clemente alone but I did fine. I had some adventures, and did some exploring alone. I got lost a couple times but was able to find my way w/o using the GPS -a little challenge I set for myself. I also got my first tattoo as a gift from my son. I was the only one in my family who didn't have one. This summer I want to try zip-lining. I was always too heavy to consider it before. I'm afraid of heights but I'm ready to conquer that fear. :-)

The best thing about being at goal has to be my newfound self confidence!

Good morning everyone. Today I am wearing a maxi skirt!! I actually think I look decent for an old fart. I am almost 64! WOW, where time go.

Wearing this skirt is something I never would have even looked at before my wonderful Band. I also tried on a maxi sun dress, that I love but it was more than I wanted to spend. The skirt at the Gap outlet was $10. I don't know how to post pictures so that is why no one knows what I look like other than CG because I text her my pictures of new hair dos and outfits.

Enjoy this great day. In Boston it will be in the 80's today and rain and 70's tomorrow. Typical of NE.

Arlene

When I reach goal, I am going to buy some nice jewelry. I have only ever had Walmart costume pieces, and ready for something that fits my soon to be small hands - something with a jewel of sort in it. Right now, I give myself a non-food reward every five pounds down.

What kind of reward to you give yourself? I've always used food as a reward! No longer is that possible!

Love this thread! I hadn't even thought about what I would do when I hit goal. Heck I've never been thin so I have no idea! I think I just want to live life. I want to swim, play with my kids, jump on a trampoline, fit on a ride at an amusement park, do some fun things with my hubby.....so many things. I just can't imagine being under 200lbs yet. Can't wait.

Hmmm...I don't know. I've thought about this but I honestly don't know what my "goal reward" will be. My dream is that my hubby would buy new rings(mine no longer fit) and that he'd ask me to marry him again. Actually, he didn't ask the first time. The first time around was a shotgun wedding. So this time, I'd like to have a romantic proposal followed by another ceremony renewing our vows. But since that'll never happen, I'm gonna have to come up with something else!lol...I do have a trip planned to an amusement park later this summer with my teenagers and I WILL ride those roller coasters with them this time :-)

About 6 mos. before I decided on surgery, I told my trainer if I went through with it and lost the weight, I would post a picture of me in a bikini on Facebook! Scary thought right now--I hope these scars go away eventually! A bikini? Me? Still can't picture it, but I've got some pounds to go before I really need to start worrying. :P

I have a very personal goal.... One I have wanted to reach for years. I have a gorgeous wedding ring that my hubby had designed and bought for me on our 19th wedding anniversary. A 3 carat princess cut diamond. I have not worn this ring for 2 years, since I gained too much weight. I know I could have made the ring bigger, but I could just not make myself to that. I kept saying I would lose enough weight soon and I would be able to wear it again. I know the day I am able to wear that ring I will be able to tell myself I am well on my way to a new me. I will happily make that ring smaller when I reach my goal weight. :-)

@@Teachamy absolutely do this!! It's very freeing and a wonderful feeling. You would deserve to feel that!

Since you can't Celebrate with big meals anymore... have you decided what you will do when you hit your final and major goal? Or if you already have had your big goal celebration, what was it?

I didn't have anything in mind for a long time, and now that I have 2 surgeries to get through (My revision then a total body lift and arm lift) I really have thought about what I want to do for myself to Celebrate making it. I have been fighting through some bumpy roads with my weight loss journey going on 10 years now. Since I am within several years of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I am feeling that excitement! *finally* and thank you GOD!

Anyhow I have 2 things in the works. An Old Hollywood style photo-shoot and a tattoo.

This outfit will be me dressed up as Marilyn Monroe.

attachicon.gifIMG_260665763104674.jpegattachicon.gifIMG_260672940847636.jpegattachicon.gifIMG_260681018784474.jpeg

This dress will be me dressed up as Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra.

attachicon.gifIMG_260689336140727.jpegattachicon.gifIMG_260712550111530.jpeg

And this tattoo came to be out of the blue in the last few months. An amazing WLS Sister made this for me. It is a patchwork design! Just one day she tagged me in a post and said she was making me a patch and this is what she sent me. I was brought to tears to be honest, it's probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me for no other reason except to be nice. I told her in return I would use the pattern to do my Final Goal Tattoo. I never knew what I wanted to do, but this absolutely took the cake, because she made it out of what she thought about me and my journey. :)

attachicon.gifIMG_260708442877653.jpeg

And of course when this happens I will be sharing it here. It will be fun!

I am currently designing a full back tattoo, which I will get when I reach my final goal (and have whatever plastics may be needed...I don't want to invest that much and have it pulled out of shape) I should have plenty of time to save up for the work to be done, since I'm only three+ weeks out.

Reaching goal would first mean tears, probably lots of them. I think part of my current "dilemma" with losing (and being committed to the process) has a lot to do with not being able to see myself at goal. So if I get there I will most likely be very emotional. After that IDK. I know pictures with my daughter. I have struggled to make sure I have pictures with her. My own mother hated her picture taken because she was obese. She died in 2003 and I deeply cherish each and every photo I have of her and wish there were more. I don't see her fat, I just see my mom. So I have always told myself I refuse to do that to my daughter. I promised I would always have pictures with her. But that promise has been hard to meet since I haven't been able to look at myself in photos. Even now I look for the flaws instead of what is good. Yet I am trying. So more pictures with my baby would certainly be a must. ( even if I DON'T reach goal it is a must) After that making memories with her. I want her to have a lifetime of love and happy memories of all we did together. When I am gone I don't want her to just remember a mom who sat out of life because she was too heavy to do anything. Nope. Even now, half way to goal, I am doing what I can with her. I am an older mom ( had her when I was 39) and I am a single mom. It is already hard to keep up with her as I get older, but thank GOD I am getting healthier! ( it certainly helps) So any other reward or gift to myself would be just stuff..( which "stuff" can be very good-don't get me wrong) I just want to be happy and to make my kid happy. Is that kind of a lofty goal??? LOL

It is such a joy to see what everyone is dreaming of! A smaller wedding dress is quite a goal!

When I hit my first goal(onderland), I bought an awesome full suspension mountain bike. When I hit my second goal(170) I am going skydiving.

Disney World is already booked for the first week of December! I set that as my reward two years ago and I am excited to go.