Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you miss most after Weight Loss Surgery?

I miss club soda. However I think I drank it because I had GERD and did not know it. It helped settle my stomach. I miss being able to eat extremely fast, and eat so much that I fall asleep. I notice now I am more sensitive and my feelings are more easily hurt. Guess the armor of my fat served a purpose after all. I would do the surgery over in a second.

Weird K33 but I am experiencing the sensitivity issue also.....Things bother me terribly now. The tears flow like never before. I do not like this part of it LOL.

I went to the informational seminar the other night, and they mentioned you can never have soda. Ever ever again! I'm actually doubting my decisions because I love soda so much... :( He said that probably 90% of his patients that gain weight back admit to soda use. That's not worth it to me, but... still... :( What do you miss most now that you've had surgery done? Is it possible to live life without soda? What else are you living without that you truly miss?

Today I told my husband I miss lobster. I can't chew it. Nothing else. I gave up soda over 15 years ago because I burp real bad from it. Don't miss it. I drink a real lot of iced tea. But I brew my own Decaf. I don't use lemon. WLS is smart choices not a diet. I eat almost everything but eat smart and stop when full.

Good luck with your decision. Healthy is more important to me than a soda.

Your tastes change dramatically after surgery. Everything seems so sweet to me. Don't miss pop at all.

I thought I would miss soda more but I don't. I mourned a little before surgery about Pasta and rice and bread, but I don't really mind the pasta and rice and I will have small amounts of toasted bread or biscuits periodically and handle them fine. I think the only thing i do miss is drinking with my meal. But I have a trick for that. I really like the Arizona Arnold Palmer frozen. So I put it in freezer at work and take it out at linch time. It takes about an hour to thaw. So it thaws while I settle from lunch and then I am good to go. I only drink one or two tops a day and then ally Water intake. I am 40 pounds down and feel pretty good. Looking forward to the next 40!

I miss popcorn and chips. I never liked sweet Desserts or icecream but I ate my popcorn every night.

I'm only a little over 3 weeks put so the full excitement of the new me hasn't happened. I thought going out to eat would be miserable but honestly it isnt hard or miserable.

I have to avoid the chips aisle at the grocery store.

I don't miss anything as I can still eat and drink whatever I want but in moderation. I have a few sips of soda every blue moon. Don't really have a taste for it.

Edited by Lady VS

What is with all the sipping! Unless u are fairly newly sleeved u should be able to drink Water fairly normally with the exception of guzzling your water. I and i know of many more that take a good drink everytime. So if ur new hang in there. You will have to test urself every so often til u drink what u can handle in one hit. Good luck

I was thinking the same thing. I'm 5 months out and have no problems drinking (not sipping) water!

Only thing I miss is the extra fat to keep me warm during the Winter months. I am cold all the time (and no I'm not anemic) but I would rather put on extra layers of clothes and tough it out then go back to the way it was.

I could make you a two page list of things I do not miss. If you embrace the life style changes that come with this you will see in time that there is a new normal and most likely things you think you'll miss now will simply be an after thought down the road. We are however all different as are our journeys.

I am early on out - 6 weeks. Honestly, I do not miss anything at all. I have no cravings, have been to birthday celebrations, pot luck lunches, etc and am happy to have my Protein and a taste of a vegetable. I am full, content and happy to be losing the weight!

I am early on out - 6 weeks. Honestly, I do not miss anything at all. I have no cravings, have been to birthday celebrations, pot luck lunches, etc and am happy to have my Protein and a taste of a vegetable. I am full, content and happy to be losing the weight!

Fat_Free that's great. Did you have cravings during your pre-op diet? I hope so because I sure do and I'm hoping they go away after surgery on Monday. I'm so over these pre-op shakes!

Ankinrae - don't hate me.... I didn't have to do a pre-op liquid diet at all. As a matter of fact I spent the weekend before my surgery in Vegas (I stuck to my nutrionist plan that I followed for awhile prior to though. It was just healthy eating a a limit of 1200 cals a day)

I also miss Chinese buffets! Eating popcorn at the movies will be missed as well. I can still gulp Water, but can only eat a cup of food. Guess I'm lucky? I am finding ice cold drinks hard to drink...more due to temp and it making me feel tight. I was also a gamer! Kinda bored with what's out there now, which is probably a good thing. Lol

realized that i miss being the fat chick who is really good at yoga. lol

but only a little bit, cause all the totally awesome stuff i can do in yoga after losing 85 pounds totally blows me away. its really amazing.

now i will just have to be one of those sorta old people who is really good at yoga. ;)

realized that i miss being the fat chick who is really good at yoga. lol but only a little bit, cause all the totally awesome stuff i can do in yoga after losing 85 pounds totally blows me away. its really amazing. now i will just have to be one of those sorta old people who is really good at yoga. ;)

I do spinning and Pilates now, but I really want to do yoga.

I'm happy I am healthier. I don't miss anything, even sodas which I haven't touched in 2 years.