Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fawn my surgery is this Thursday the 23 at unity my surgeon is Dr baker and if you want to visit Friday that's fine. What time

Well finally home from having surgery had to stay a little longer because of a blood clot in my stomach but surgery went better than I thought did not get sick not much pain and just a little gas pains glad to be home

Lindalue - Glad you are home and resting! Hope you're feeling well!

Just wanted to pop in and survey everyone - What websites do you find the most useful? Which ones do you visit the most often?

Thanks!

M

Also, a friendly reminder: North Memorial Hospital is having their next Bariatric Surgery Support Group meeting on November 18th, from 5:30 to 6:30pm.

If you'd like details, check their website or feel free to send me a message! The more the merrier!

I used the fb groups more in the beginning, now, not so much. Looking forward to meeting at the NM meeting next month! Eh-hm..I will need a reminder though!

Glad you're home and feeling relatively well. Each day you'll feel about 50% better over the day before. Before you know it, you won't even be able to tell you had surgery.

When are you leaving for the south, again. I'm sorry that I can't keep that date in my head. Lori has surgery on the 6th and as soon as she feels okay, we should get together before you become a snow bird.

Well finally home from having surgery had to stay a little longer because of a blood clot in my stomach but surgery went better than I thought did not get sick not much pain and just a little gas pains glad to be home

Marybeth we leave for the winter the 1st week in December I talked to Lori tonight and we are getting together at the Perkins in fridley I think on the 15 she is going to post it. How have you been feeling right after surgery were you hungry I am 4 days out and starving I was hoping I wouldn't be hungry

Our next Twin Cities B-Pal monthly get together is scheduled for Saturday, November 15th at 10am at the Perkins in Fridley on 7520 University Ave in Fridley.

Linda will be 3 weeks post-op and I will be 9 days post-op. We'll have all kinds of stuff to talk about!!

I will be there in Fridley!

LindaLue... The hungry is normal... With this meeting so early out, actual hunger is rate. More commonly it is either 1) acid faking like hunger; or 2) it's needing more Fluid in it... Water.

When the surgery is done, they remove the part of the tummy that has always had acid and food sitting in it. With that gone, you now have a new baby tummy that isn't used to having much in it or on it. It will do weird things as it gets accustomed to working.

Sip sip sip, if it is a constant or comes and goes with some burning pain, see your doc. It may be reflux. That is normal. He may suggest a protonic or prilosec. Again this is normal. Good luck and hope to set you on the 15th!

Count me in! Can't wait to see you guys again. Linda, how are you feeling today? Lori, I bet you are so excited!!!

See you on the 15th.

MB

I'm going to try and make it on the 15th.

Just finished my pre-op appt, blood work and EKG. This is my last check box of medical to-do's before I have surgery on 11/6/14.

My pre-op diet is ok so far. Protein Shakes, iced tea, Water and Soup for another week. Hoping to lose some lbs during this period.

See y'all on the 15th. Linda and I will be drooling over your real food but we know it will temporary and so worth it!

- Lori

I really will make it to one of the GTG's, but I won't be able to make it on the 15th. I'll only be two days post-op and will likely just be getting out of the hospital.

My pre-op physical is tomorrow, been on liquid diet for 3 days. Hoping my Dr's office scale shows weight drop. My home scale shows about 5 lbs. The surgeon's nurse says some ppl actually gain on the liquids, said it could be from retaining fluids. Anyone gain weight on the liquid diet?

I had virtually no change in my weight on the preop diet. Maybe 1pound loss? I was sad, but never wavered. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow!