Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

It's amazing how people change their tune once they see banding really works, huh?

Congrats on getting down under 80kg!

Woah! I never said it works 100% of the time for 100% of people who are banded!

I am not uneducated on banding. I didn't just jump on the bandwagon yesterday. I am not sure why you felt the need to add "I am sure your doctor explained it all to you"... It just seem a little aggressive to me. A little "I know better" ish. Maybe I am wrong. I don't know, it wouldn't be the first time. LOL

Actually, in the close on 3 years I have been seeing my surgeon, we discuss regularly the reasons people have their bands removed, why band failures occur, and what, if anything can be done to prevent, or resolve any issues.

If you read more than 2 of my posts, you will see that I regularly say that the band is not the be all, and end all. It is not a perfect system, nor is it right for everyone. And, yes, I have lost over 110% of my excess weight, and I have kept it off for a year now, and no, not every single bander will do that well. But I do not run around saying that everyone will lose that much. Never. I say it CAN be done, but it is down to the individual.

What my comment meant, simply, is her co-workers have seen how well she has done, and their tune has changed. That is all.

And for the record, I went into my banding with my eyes wide open. I had all the facts, I knew the risks involved. I knew I might die. I knew it might not work. I knew there could be complications.

How you got that I think people should rush into surgery uninformed, and because everyone else is doing it, I will never know. There MUST be more between the lines in my original comment than I thought!

But yeah! Have surgery, because everyone else is doing it folks! Don't bother with research! Its a waste of time! And while you're at it, I am jumping off a cliff this afternoon, if anyone wants to join me... :heh:

And if your sarcasm detector is a bit off this afternoon... It's a joke Joyce.

LMAO!

You so smart. Me dumb. Sorry to insult your intelligence!

Although I do now see why you took such offence. I guess if I put someone down, or made regular negative comments about surgery for weight loss, then went on to have it myself, I maybe would be able to read so much into a simple, innocent comment!

You got your heckles up for nothing. Tunes change all the time. I always said I would never have children, or get married, but I did. And if I were to pick a fight with everyone who said I changed my tune.. Boy would I be a busy girl!

And I don't like being called "Dear" by anyone but my husband. It is a term of endearment coming from him, but really strikes me as passive aggressive coming from someone who is making a point of disagreeing with me. If that was the intent, go for it. But be aware that I will be placing you on my ignore list.

She Smiles! You looked so beautiful! Congratulations!

Thanks Chickie. It was the most perfect day. I keep looking at the photos and reliving the day over!

Thanks Chickie. It was the most perfect day. I keep looking at the photos and reliving the day over!

I still look at mine almost 10 years later and relive my big day too. You just look so radiant. Congratulations again.

Hi everyone...

I need advise... I had a fill last monday and now have 3.5mls in a 6ml band. Today im having a bad day and not sure if this is normal... I have quite a bit of restriction and now ive developed left shoulder tip pain. I havernt had this pain since i was banded. OUCH!!! i hope nothing is wrong.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Today ive basically only had fluids where the past few days ive been having food as well.

Wow Blah. If you got rid of that chip on your shoulder, you might not need to lose anymore weight. The size of that thing is amazing!

Why someone as smart, and well informed on banding as yourself slumming here with us know nothing, stupid types who need to rely on sarcasm (oh yeah, calling someone darl and sweety is a form of passive aggressive sarcasm, although I did laugh out loud... I read it in a very okker type voice.. I am still giggling) I don't know...

Can I call you Shazza from now on? Do you have case of VB and a flannel shirt I can borrow?

I don't think I will ignore you. You are funny Shazza!

Hi everyone...

I need advise... I had a fill last monday and now have 3.5mls in a 6ml band. Today im having a bad day and not sure if this is normal... I have quite a bit of restriction and now ive developed left shoulder tip pain. I havernt had this pain since i was banded. OUCH!!! i hope nothing is wrong.

Any thought would be appreciated.

Today ive basically only had fluids where the past few days ive been having food as well.

Some people do report shoulder tip pain after a fill. If you really are worried, call your doc.

Actually Blah Blah if she choses to ignore you, it means that she can't see your posts at all, its like you don't even exist on this site to her.

Oh Chickie you can ignore me but i can still post!!!!!

Ah so sorry sweetie.....

And i didn't change my tune.... never said i wouldn't have surgery.....have been taking xenical and reductil for 12 months with a greater than 20 kg loss, do gym 3-5 times a week, and ride a pushie………have a borderline BMI for Banding

And sweetie, you do need to re read the blogs darl…. My answer to your blog (It's amazing how people change their tune once they see banding really works, huh?) was to point out that one should never assume!!! And that it doesn’t always work…….too which you thought i was insulting your intelligence

Ah, but it doesn't always work..... it sometimes fails.... I saw a female who was 200kg..... who burst her upper pouch, got peritonitis, and spent time in ICU.... others have had their bands removed because they don't like them, because they have slipt etc... etc...... and of course when having any anaesthetic there is risk of death, all important facts to take into account prior to having any procedure undertaken... I am sure your surgeon explained that to you prior to surgery......

Thus my decision to have surgery was very considered… and I looked at the negative as well as the positive….. Bronwyn’s weight loss is encouraging as is yours and every one else on here… however that shouldn’t the only factors considered prior to having surgery!!!!!!!!!

So enough of this innate boring dialogue

See ya Queen Bee!!!!1

Is there any need for this sarcastic nastiness? Chickie has worked damn hard to get to where she is. I am sure she thought long and hard before being banded, and was informed about the risks etc. What is your motivation for posting here Blah Blah? Is it just to provoke people?

People here want to share their banding journey with others, and offer and receive advice and support. If this is your motivation, you will get lots of support here. If you have another motive, you may want to "Buzz off" Queen Bee.

Susannah

Is there any need for this sarcastic nastiness? Chickie has worked damn hard to get to where she is. I am sure she thought long and hard before being banded, and was informed about the risks etc. What is your motivation for posting here Blah Blah? Is it just to provoke people?

People here want to share their banding journey with others, and offer and receive advice and support. If this is your motivation ,you will get lots of support here. If you have another motive, you may want to "Buzz off" Queen Bee.

Susannah

I agree with Susannah. *Most* of us come here for support and a giggle every now and then, not to read rants and raves. There is a specific section for that on this board, you will find plenty to add to there if you have a look and thats what you are after.

I for one value the advice and experience imparted from the more experienced Australian bandsters like Chickie and Jacqui. I'd hate to think they might think "screw it" about posting here because of crap like this.

Lets just get back to what this thread was started for, please?

Guys, I am sorry. I think we have a troll on our hands, and I fed her /him / it for the best part of the afternoon.

Gday, Meanwhile I am finding it interesting how all the Yanks are singing the praises of the "New" AP Band! It has been available in Australia for a while now. It is great to be ahead in something!:)

It doesn't matter which type of band that you have really though. All the bands are very good. What a tool! I got to midday today and thought " I haven't eaten!". The band has taken away that desperate need to eat for me.

Susannah

I for one value the advice and experience imparted from the more experienced Australian bandsters like Chickie and Jacqui. I'd hate to think they might think "screw it" about posting here because of crap like this.

Lets just get back to what this thread was started for, please?

Are you kidding :eyebrows:

GO Chickie GO!