Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how to gain weight like... really fast

I have gained a shocking 6 pounds in just a few days. I ate alot this weekend (I have been working on improving appetite so that was considered good) but I think the real trick was coming off my horse, not once, but twice this weekend. I haven't fallen in 9 years and then to have it happen twice...oy boy!

First fall, the horse actually fell off the the trail so it wasn't too big of a fall for me - I was basically already on the ground when I lept off. Bumped an elbow and finger but continued the ride. Next day, my horse took issue with the concept of firing a gun off her back even though it was just primer (learning to do a sport called cowboy mounted shooting) The real issue was that i could not get the gun reholstered quick enough to get her under control (my borrowed holster was for righty and i am a lefty). It was a fairly light fall - landed on my feet first and then went down on my right side. Right side is not sore, but my waist, hip and left knee apparently got a good twist as there is visible bruising and pain. And swelling even after icing - I suspect that accounts for some of those "insta-pounds"

So there you go - in case anyone wants to know how to gain weight FAST! haha

I think most of us know the trick to gaining weight QUICKLY. At least I do. Nice to know that someone so established in her journey can also slip up.

U already know how to fight it. Ur doing a fine job so I know you've got this in the bag... good luck!

Hey,

I am sorry to hear this. Let us know how you are doing. Not a good thing.

Maybe you forgot to take the gun off when you weighed??? :)

You really ARE a cowgirl!

Cowgirl Jane, you rock!

But you are right, that inflammation will get you! I was struggling to stay in bounce range till my rheumatoid arthritis meds were switched. It's better and my weight is staying within goal easily for now.

lynda

Well, the good news is that everybody that is freaked out about my not eating enough will be happy to hear that I am back to being hungry...LOL

My tummy is actually bloated though. It's weird. I think I need a couple of clean eating days to get back to normal. Last night I was feeling sorta... out of sorts about turning 50 so I had ice cream for dinner. Not really advisable and no wonder I feel gross this morning. Anyway, like all of us here, I know what to do to eat right and be healthy! But, that is after my birthday party this afternoon...

Ouch!! As you said, the weight gain is probably from the bruising. I read the thread initially hoping you had found a way to gain weight, fast. I am continuing to struggle with weight loss and poor appetite - six lbs in a matter of days sounded great, until I read the cause. Feel better! And Happy Birthday!

Edited by It's all new

Ouch. I hate when that happens. I actually just watched a Ken McNabb video on training your horse for mounted shooting. I really ought to do that since we ride in bear country and I always carry a gun. My horse has been around gunfire at hunt camp, but I've never shot off of her, so shooting at a bear would probably land me on my arse.

I came off my horse last weekend, too, but no bruising for me. We were bush whacking and I was leading. We were trying to cross a boggy area and we were only sinking 6-10 inches. Then, all of a sudden my horse sunk to her belly and my feet were touching the ground! So I just stepped off. The bog was thick enough for me that my boots didn't even get muddy! I led her back to solid ground, climbed on, and kept going. But now it looked like I was riding a bay instead of a sorrel :)

Hope you're feeling better soon, and good luck with the mounted shooting.

Sorry about your falls! I know how to gain weight super fast, but falling off a horse was not in my repertoire! ;)

Glad you to hear your appetite is returning.

To quote Garth Brooks...my "wounds have almost healed"

My appetite remains good so I am optimistic I am working through that issue.