Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The melt is on! Yes the trees are iced over this morning and there's plenty of snow on the ground, but it is GOING AWAY! Yippee! So happy for spring. And hoping to melt this last thirty pounds as well.

PS I love my foreign object. Cannot let myself become disheartened by the band bashers and their hyperbole. Some days it's harder than others and I sure do miss the days of Lapband Talk. Glad it was there for me when I was researching or I may not have gone through with this amazing decision. Because I certainly wasn't prepared do anything more drastic.

Jumping For Joy! Hey, I like that. Maybe I'll change my name -- Jumping4Joy

Well I went to my band Doctor Wednesday & as usual was going to do the barium & Fluro but right before my surgeon asked how much I weighed when I started & I told him & the barium tech's EYES BUGGED out of his head , then my DOCTOR asked weren't you walking with a walker , I said no it was a cane , he looked at how much I have lost so far and said it was half of my body weight ,we did the barium & flouro then he says ok see you in 3 months made me feel awesome because for almost 3 years I have been going to him once a month so I am staying positive that I will get to MY goal & I like that my surgeon doesn't scold me for not being at goal yet & he is very positive , so I guess in 3 months I will see him then maybe my maintenance will start , hopefully, it's been a slow process but at least I know I am not gaining all that weight back .

Debbie, you're the definition of success. I'm awed and amazed and inspired. Keep it up girl!!

I had a little backslide. Had a bad fall in ice. Bed for two weeks and working part time two weeks. Now physio and doing little. I am trying to get back on track. Swimming and walking. I have to start watching what I eat and get back on track

I love my foreign body too.. I always am amused at that statement from people about lapband surgery. I guess my husband's artificial knee and new heart valve are bad too. I had a great weekend , went to my granddaughter's pageant, she was the outgoing Miss BHS (High school) and I wore some black skinny jeans with a back cowl neck sweater. My oldest granddaughter who rarely gives a compliment said wow Gram you look hot. Yesterday we spent the day shopping and walking. They were so used to me not being able to keep up they kept asking me if I needed to sit down.. I said nope I a fine . I also bought my dress for my oldest granddaughters wedding coming up in May, I was so happy to be able to find a beautiful dress . My band has allowed me to get back to living and enjoy every minute . The only downside is I found out I cannot eat Chinese food very well , I tried to eat some chicken with broccoli and a few lo mein noodles but it wasn't the best choice. I just stopped eating when I got that feeling .. Have a great week everyone.

@@MarieMarie yikes, sorry about your fall. Such an icy winter. Take it easy and enjoy the pace of physical therapy, new ways to exercise that can be incorporated into your regular working out once you are back on track. Im doing PT, too, and noticing how it is changing my daily life -- how I stand, sit, walk, etc.

@@Sharpie you are going to look like a million bucks at that wedding! I can't eat Chinese food either. MSG in all of those prepared sauces (even if many places no longer sprinkle on prior to serving and say "No MSG") but also the reheating factor. If we go to an Asian place I usually opt for a Bento box with salmon, no sauce. It's the perfect little portion and I mix up the veggies and rice to take home for our kid and pawn off the shumai on some one.

Hope every one has a great Monday. I'm going to say goodbye to my godfather having just learned is in hospice. Loved him so much and he lived a wonderful life for ninety years. I'm not shutting down my feelings, not turning to food in some kind of automatic gesture, just letting myself be. I'm also not going to go get my mother and have her with me for the event -- keeping the crazy makers and drama queens at bay these days and letting myself have my own experiences. I don't need to take care of every one else.

I had a little backslide. Had a bad fall in ice. Bed for two weeks and working part time two weeks. Now physio and doing little. I am trying to get back on track. Swimming and walking. I have to start watching what I eat and get back on track

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

@@MarieMarie yikes, sorry about your fall. Such an icy winter. Take it easy and enjoy the pace of physical therapy, new ways to exercise that can be incorporated into your regular working out once you are back on track. Im doing PT, too, and noticing how it is changing my daily life -- how I stand, sit, walk, etc.

@@Sharpie you are going to look like a million bucks at that wedding! I can't eat Chinese food either. MSG in all of those prepared sauces (even if many places no longer sprinkle on prior to serving and say "No MSG") but also the reheating factor. If we go to an Asian place I usually opt for a Bento box with salmon, no sauce. It's the perfect little portion and I mix up the veggies and rice to take home for our kid and pawn off the shumai on some one.

Hope every one has a great Monday. I'm going to say goodbye to my godfather having just learned is in hospice. Loved him so much and he lived a wonderful life for ninety years. I'm not shutting down my feelings, not turning to food in some kind of automatic gesture, just letting myself be. I'm also not going to go get my mother and have her with me for the event -- keeping the crazy makers and drama queens at bay these days and letting myself have my own experiences. I don't need to take care of every one else.

No you don't. Good for you. I'm sorry about your godfather.

Finally have some time to catch up here....Thank you Liz for pulling me out of my haze. I have been working and running around like a bit of a loon over the past few weeks with little time for anything but sleeping and even that I think has been cut into in the past few weeks.

This weekend I took some time to just get out of the house even though it was raining, the hubby and I went into the city to see the Spring Spectacular at Radio City. It was AWESOME! Of course because of the weather we were a bit late getting to the theater. We parked in Times Square and ran about 4 blocks to Radio City and then we ran up about a million and one flights of stairs vs walking all around the theater to catch the elevators. I won a lottery at work so our tickets were Comp, and they were in the balcony of the theater which meant way way up there...and we ran yes literally ran up all the stairs.

If you talked to me a year ago, Ken would have never made it out of the car to walk the 4 blocks to Radio City never mind up up up up to the their mezzanine seating!! While my legs might have made it, I would have been panting for breath and about to die of a heart attack, Saturday though...no problem. We made it and enjoyed a great show. Then we walked back in the rain, to Time Square and went to the Hard Rock for dinner. I don't love high top tables being a shorty but you know since my arse fits so nicely on the seat now...I can put my feet up on the bar under the chair and it was A.OK.

I had the bbq chicken and Ken had the pulled pork, and we took enough home for him to have dinner at work the next day! Don't you just love being banded?! I sure do!! :)

Hope everyone is doing well, feeling happy and healthy!! Spring is on the way!!! Finally!!!!!

Well count me in the group that cannot tolerate Chinese food. I've tried just chicken and snow peas and all sorts of light combos and my band says NO. So I stopped trying... After a few years. Took awhile to see that it simply doesn't agree with me

Ps. This TT is kicking my ass. I'm strong but even after a week. Oowie ! Next week a will diminish I hope. Nice to have a bit of down time to be here! No work for another week. So glad. Do not think I could have returned yet. Ya. Someday I'll laugh about it. But not today

Sorry to hear it Julie. Feel better.

My surgeon's support group has a guest speaker tonight. The plastic surgeon is back. This will be good. She talked last year and now that I've lost a bunch of weight boy do I have questions !

Thinking of you, Julie. We have a joke in our house, Ice is our friend." Have no idea what plastics protocol involves but boy do I love ice packs for joint pain. You should see our freezer, lol.

Did a little retail therapy today, at the local job lots. Coldwater Creek and JJill for ten bucks per. I now have three pair of pants as next NSVs -- two nice linen pants in a purple and a red. Fancy! And another pair of red dress pants. All size ten a and all too. I can zip 'em but that's it. Need to lose some more gut. But then my my, the pants I will have. So much fun to buy off the rack. It's been twenty years for me to be able to enjoy shopping again.

Said goodbye to a loved one today -- I am so glad he got to see me lose weight, choose myself and get healthy. He was a doctor. My godfather. Never said a word but I watched his delight this last year as I slimmed down. He had some dementia but was always so delighted to see me. I will miss him but 90 years is a long time. Dying is hard. Glad to have extended my life by choosing to work on my physical body.

Bandtista sorry for your loss , but WOW could you have Even Ever fitting in that size , , I am still trying to wrap MY head around from what I used to fit in till now .