Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm loving the sassy hair cuts and attitudes! Since a horrible pixie cut when I was 8 I have not cut my hair shorter than my shoulders. I may not have gotten long thin legs in life but thankfully got thick hair that will curl anyway I want.

You gals are brave!

I feel like it is so personal. Like exposing yourself with no long mane to fool around with ! Cute pics

Ps. Just a thank you to all of you! I check in almost everyday and it never fails that I laugh or learn something new.

I must go finish a cake for my youngest (25) yikes! How did they get so old and we stay so young??? Yes he will take the remainder cake home!

@@JustWatchMe i am doing the same thing i want to get down to goal before i cut of the hair. i've been hiding behind my locks for years now since i gained weight i've always in the past been thin with short and heavy with long.

i want to see how i look thin and long :)

Loved long hair with thin, but really freaked out by the amount of hair falling everyday on my clothes and in my brush. Cut it shoulder length, wishing it were still long! Oh well, it grows back, hopefully healthier!

Head hunger mixed with real hunger today. Ugh. So I took lunch an hour before I usually do because I couldn't stop thinking about food. I ate okay, didn't overdo it. I'm all frazzled this week. I'm close to Onederland and looking forward to a visit home from one college daughter. The other one isn't coming home until Thanksgiving. Im worried about money and my divorce and tuition that's due and and and .....

Some days just suck.

But I will not overeat. I deserve the rewards for the work I've done to make my life and health better. None of these stressors are going to derail me.

One. Giant. Nerve. Ending.

That is all.

Oh my goodness...do I know about long thick heavy hair!! When my Mom was young she had the long long hair..and when I was young...ME TOO!!! I hated it!! I was never allowed to wear it down and long to school. It was always up and in a braid she was afraid of the lice as if that was going to stop it. My hair was so long and thick I would get headaches from having it piled on top of my head!

My eyes have an almond shape to them already but when she would do my hair she would pull it up so tight that it made them even more almond shaped. Today I'd want to do that to pull the wrinkles out :)

I know it's not yet Throw Back Thursday but here is one photo of me and my brother one day I was allowed to wear my hair long. I begged my Dad to take me for a hair cut as I reached Jr. high and he took me to the barber and cut about 3 feet off my hair, I thought he and my mother were going to get a divorce over that one!! I was too happy to care though :)

post-146347-0-24625700-1413398269_thumb.jpg

Head hunger mixed with real hunger today. Ugh. So I took lunch an hour before I usually do because I couldn't stop thinking about food. I ate okay, didn't overdo it. I'm all frazzled this week. I'm close to Onederland and looking forward to a visit home from one college daughter. The other one isn't coming home until Thanksgiving. Im worried about money and my divorce and tuition that's due and and and .....

Some days just suck.

But I will not overeat. I deserve the rewards for the work I've done to make my life and health better. None of these stressors are going to derail me.

One. Giant. Nerve. Ending.

That is all.

Oh my friend I totally hear you and I applaud you for knowing you were hungry and eating without over doing it! You are doing so amazing!!! Being a single parent is not an easy thing to do at all!! I hope that your husband is doing his part in helping with the tuition and taking care of the girls! That is still his responsibility as much as it is yours and the girls as well.

I'm sure your girls are very proud of their Mom for being so strong and working on herself while still taking care of the family and keeping a sense of structure to everyone's family life.

We are here for you! I have days where I wish I would show some better judgement and not fall into my old bad habits. Having the Fluid taken out of my band over this past month has really presented a huge challenge for me!! I have gotten back that irrational hunger feelings..but it seems to only be triggered by those frustrating and tumultuous emotions.

I actually lost a bunch of weight when the Fluid first came out...and then I started eating and eating things that before I would only nibble at full bore. I am close to that Onederland also..and it's dam frustrating!!! I put back those few pounds and now I am determined to get them GONE. Could just be Water weight since I am super bloated for some odd reason...but still I want to back in that sweet spot again!!

Thanks Lisa.

I have not had long hair for 40 years which is probably a good thing not sure if I would of ever got married.

I do enjoy long hair on a young woman (to me any one under 59 is a young woman).

My wife has always had short hair during our 35 years of marriage and that is fine with me.

Hey JFC, you old hippy! My husband was a long hair for a long time until it got too thin on top. I've been snow white and silver for years and years. Had long black curly hair growing up with a white stripe appearing at 16. It took over, lol, but now in my fifties it's not premature anymore, it just is. Well, Ladies of the Sassy Haircut Brigade, I have joined as well. Very short and a surprise to me as I would not have thought I was thin enough yet. Pudgey cheeks aside, I am celebrating less chin and more collarbone. Love having the short short hair and not having to do anything with it. I'm also wearing more makeup and fun clothes -- really enjoying finding myself again. Not hiding out in a black uniform anymore, feeling embarrassed and ashamed of not being able to conceal my feelings as they were on full display in the form of a huge belly. I've still got weight to lose and I come here to remain encouraged. Yesterday I was in a dressing room feeling all those old feelings -- loathing is too strong a word but just feeling like I am not getting anywhere, look at that belly, those thighs, etc. Clothes not fitting right, blah blah blah. I realize this morning (because I'm here subjecting you all to my musings) that the reason for the return of those feelings is because I just took on a big job and I'm nervous. I'm judging myself and harsher than I would ever be on any one. My fears and insecurities are what made me eat before, so I am going to be very, very careful with my self-regard right now. I am in a new place with all that. I am worthy, deserving and talented. I can't let Victim Girl start a script in my head. She only exists in that dressing room. Not going back there! Thanks for the therapy, friends. I appreciate you one and all.

Oh Bandista...I love it. Ladies of the Sassy Haircut Brigade. I'm so excited to be part of this club for sure. I love you post as well. I know just how you feel, and so do most of the folks on this thread, and on the forum itself. I don't see it as vanity, I see it as pride. Not in a negative way, but in as being proud of how we look now...and wanting to take care of ourselves by eating right, exercising, and looking good whether it be a new haircut, or makeup, or nice clothing. It just shows that we care about ourselves and that's a good thing.

I know this is very ambitious of me, but I'd love to try to have some kind of face to face with you gals (and guys). I feel so close to many of you that I'd dearly love to meet up somehow. I wonder if we can try to find a central location and make plans. How I would love to be sitting over a cup of coffee with you, Lisa, CG, Di, Tammie, and many of the other regulars on this thread. What do you say? Anyone want to give it a shot?

Hi Liz I'm game!!! I'll even help pull things together with everyone!!!

So as we approach 2015....lets make plans! Everyone post where your from in the world...and then we can find a place that is central and enjoyable to visit and people would like to plan a nice vacation to.

We can then post some options, for dates and travel and places to stay and get together etc.

So as you probably all know I am on Long Island NY. Lizzy gal is in NYC....

So Bander Buddies....where are you from???

Name: Lisa Caron

Town: Long Island

State: NY

So as we approach 2015....lets make plans! Everyone post where your from in the world...and then we can find a place that is central and enjoyable to visit and people would like to plan a nice vacation to.

We can then post some options, for dates and travel and places to stay and get together etc.

Arlene Showstack

Boston, MA

I would love to meet all of you.

I am from Orange County , California.

Orange county , CALIFORNIA.