Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

you want to wear some of my F**k me shoes lizzie?????????

you go get em GF

you are a gorgeous woman

capable of being loved and giving LOVED

heck you love me so i know what i am talking about

follow your heart/head and enjoy yourself..you so deserve it...

ps: i want details

@gowalking Sister...we are doing this together. I've been on a dating site for most of the summer. I met a guy that I really liked. Got totally over my self-image issues. Really enjoyed my time with him. He flaked out on me, but that's more his loss than mine really. So, I, the girl who has never dated really, who is shy and reserved in this particular area, have two guys chasing me right now...TWO...and dates with both this week. So, deep breath in and slow exhale...you got this. Put on those shoes CG is offering and blow his mind with your awesomeness...and let's talk after the weekend :)

Love you gals, and I have to run to a meeting...never much time these days between work and what not!!

Lizzie you know my story and honey, I know you think I am this big anomaly and not everyone thinks like me...OK I have my insecurities too I just don't let them bother me :)

If I can go out there and find love and a good man and you have met my Ken, love is out there for you too!! Just be your awesome self, enjoy the date. Leave the judgement on the table, sometimes people talk because they are nervous don't be afraid to try it again even with the same dude...just in another setting and if it's bad twice then it's bad :)

Let me tell ya I went out with a guy...he was like a Chihuahua titchy and moving and jumpy and yappy..and well he was like that all the time couple of dates and I just couldn't take it lol!!!

Have fun!! talk soon off to meetings I will try not to snore or yell too loudly in :)!

I love all your posts...CG girl, I nearly sprayed my keyboard with the mouthfull of coffee I was swallowing when I read what you wrote! I know you were dating Di...I remember when you wrote about it and I thought you were so brave to get out there and tackle something that still seems so scary to me. I didn't want to post this on the general forum..I don't need/want judgement. Not that I'd be judged, but I'd rather just keep this story here in our little private thread for the time being. It's support I'm looking for and you are all my friends even though I've only met a few of you F2F.

Gosh, I wish we could do some type of get together so we can meet. Lisa and I had such an awesome time with HealthyNewMe when she came to NYC and I've met a few gals from the forum through our support group. It would be such a blast to hug you all. I'd also love to meet the guys as well. Jim and David at least. And TMF...he's a hoot as well.

OK...back to work. Really. LOL.

Liz, as I was reading your post I was formulating in my head, "wow, lucky guy whoever he is to get to go out with her" and then you wrote it yourself -- even better! I am a huge believer in positive self-talk. We'll just call you Ruby. Or GoHaveFun. Cause the Go Walking, you got that. You are mobile and healthy. And smart and wonderful -- enjoy your evening! Same with you Di -- lucky for the guy who gets to spend time with you. If this goes on and you end up with too many chasers, the kick boxing can come in handy!

Zumba was a hoot last night. I don't think the cha-cha-cha would do much in the self-defense realm, that's for sure. I was cracking up trying to follow all the steps but the time went by quickly and I was very sweaty afterward. So all good -- and signed up for the eight Monday evenings.

Have a great day every one -- so glad you're here. CG, we missed you so! Hope you are feeling grounded and "at home" again. Sending best wishes your way.

Great thread today, ladies and gents? Have fun dating and enjoy yourself. I always feel you should not be alone. My husband and I met on a blind date, I was 15 and he was 16. November will be 44 years married. Oy Vay! So I dated maybe 1-2 other people but I was very young. CG, has been with her hub since she was a teen, also.

For those looking for dates, there are sites for WLS people looking to date also.

Lizzie, have the best time and we want TMZ cameras following you all over with the details.

Arlene

@@dylanmiles23 you got to the gym! WAY TO GO! Big step for womankind.

This tread has made me feel hope , and I think there is a site on here also somewhere for single banders wanting to date other banders , it is really scary for us to try & date again after some of our experiences in realationships , my kids even have to tell me when someone is trying to get my attention or being flirty with me LOL , but I do love the attention now , but now finally that they are able to take care of their selves , maybe I will go out with a couple of them , I don't no how you other people are brave enough to go on the web sites to meet someone , it is just so scary to start, so you all are a inspiration for this .

Debbie,

I had to swallow a whole lot of courage before I signed up for the website. I've met some nice guys. I've met some freaks. But, if you are smart and careful with your contact info...and where you meet in public....it's all good. I know what I am looking for and what I am out to avoid. I've actually been comfortable enough with two of the guys to explain why I eat the way I do when we are out. They don't judge...they just kid about me being a cheap date...I remind them I am inexpensive, but not cheap ;)

This tread has made me feel hope , and I think there is a site on here also somewhere for single banders wanting to date other banders , it is really scary for us to try & date again after some of our experiences in realationships , my kids even have to tell me when someone is trying to get my attention or being flirty with me LOL , but I do love the attention now , but now finally that they are able to take care of their selves , maybe I will go out with a couple of them , I don't no how you other people are brave enough to go on the web sites to meet someone , it is just so scary to start, so you all are a inspiration for this .

I'll tell you all a secret...when I was at my lowest point in my life. Large Lisa... 3 kids, broken and defeated getting a divorce after 20 years of marriage with the (I call him the idiot) since I was 15. Literally broken, sick possibly with what doctors thought was ovarian cancer at the time, I threw his ass out to the curb my kids and I deserved better. I spent all those years miserable and sad and trying to make a prince out of frog. If I was gonna die it was not gonna be miserable..then I thought OMG who would want this heffer?! I had nothing going for me..there was lots of self defeating talk. I have this steel spine and titanium balls I keep in a box...(only kidding) but something would not let me give up or lie down and die.

I told no one what was going on until one day at work I broke, from the stress couldn't take it anymore and you know what? The girls from work (all of them in their 20's and looked like Victoria Secret Models!) they were about 10 years younger then me at the time signed me up for those dating sites!! I wanted to choke them or at least sit on them and brake some ribs or something but in the end, I swallowed my fears and someone asked me to meet them...so that first date got dressed and met the dude at Starbucks. OK not my type..but I did it!!! Then I did it again...and I learned it's just like going shopping, you just need to know what you are looking for and what you want.

Sometimes you have to try on a few sizes, designers, and colors till you find the perfect fit one that compliments who you truly are! I met my hubby on Yahoo personals 8 years ago and we have never looked back!!

I'm telling you ladies, gentleman don't stress it. Put yourself out there, put your the intentions out there, be honest with yourself and others, shop wisely, and don't settle for anything less than perfect :) There is love and lots of fun out there and you all deserve it! This is one of the greatest group of people I have had he pleasure to share my life and time with!

Love ya!!

You are a terrific group for sure. I'm so glad that I found this forum and all you wonderful people.

I am grateful to read others posts on this journey. It truly helps to see others discuss daily up and downs

Glad to be here .. Especially on those rough days

b52 said something in a post of his that is soooooooo right the f**k on and i had to share:

The band is the band is the band. I may change and have ups and downs, but the band does not.

when i was stressing and wallering, my food choices changed as did my amounts (yep i ate past my stopping signals) but my band helped me NOT overeat and helped me NOT drink to destruction (my band gives me wall at about 3 drinks (nope no carbonation only a mixture)...

so the band does do its JOB

i now will do mine

who is with me?

OMG, I have FOREIGN OBJECTS in my body! My silver post earrings that I never take out. They don't speak English or anything. Now my band, that's not foreign. And it speaks alright.