Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 Months & 120 Pounds Gone (& pics)

I once did the math to figure out how to drink 64 oz of Water per day. Taking into consideration the rules for not drinking around my 3 meals/day, I must drink 6 to 8 oz EVERY HOUR.

Did the excess skin just magically disappear or do you have some wise wisdom to impart about how to deal with that?

Sorry, ignore last question. I just went back and read how much exercise you do. You just look great.

Amazing!! Keep up the good work! Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on your hard work and dedication!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :-) It means a lot to me and is very encouraging because this last leg of the weight loss is TOUGH! lol.... For those who have asked, I try to stick as much as possible to my numbers..... it's pretty simple.... no more than 40g of carbs, at least 65g of Protein, and at least 10 8-oz glasses of Water each day. Also, I track every single thing I eat or drink in MFP. That has really kept me accountable and taught me a lot about nutrition. I've also learned a lot about myself. For example, I know that some sleevers are able to have a little treat here and there and keep it under control. I learned that I am NOT one of those people. food for me is a complete addiction and if I give myself an inch I WILL take a mile. So for that reason, I avoid my trigger foods like the plague (fried foods, chocolate, chips, pizza, pretzels, etc). It is just something that I have accepted. As far as exercise, I run a lot. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon now so I run about 4 times a week. Then I will fill in a day here or there with a class (zumba, spinning, etc) or some time on the elliptical. Pretty straightforward. I would like to start some strength training once I hit goal to start and tone up my arms and legs a little bit. Again, thank you all for your kindness and encouragement!!!

Great regime to try to follow once I get surgery. I can definitely see it has worked for you! You look excellent a drastic change in your numbers in a short time.

Thank you for sharing and giving me hope. I am also using my fitnesspal. Can you please give us a sample menue when you were 2 or 3 months out. What did uou eat. Did you count calories?

I can't say I remember specifically at 2-3 months post op, but it was definitely still including a Protein shake, greek yogurt, chicken, fish.... If you are already on myfitnesspal you can add me and go back through my logs if you want. I've been keeping them since about 2 months post op. My username is livvsmum

I applaud you all for your tenacity and hard work which brought you to this point! I'm down 57 lbs. from top wt. 236 and already notice skin beginning to sag. I'd better start in with weights again soon!

Tell me livvsmom, HOW in the world do you find the time between meals to get 80 oz. of Water into (and through) that little sleeve?! This has been my biggest challenge.

It was difficult at first and getting in all the Water was something I built up to. Now I have no problem drinking water pretty much like before. But for the first few months it did make me feel really bloated. Right now though I drink constantly (except right before or after eating). For instance, yesterday I got in 112 ounces without trouble. Just keep a tumbler full with me wherever I am. :-)

Amazing, good job!