Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have May 27 surgery date?

Well - here we are at day 5 of the liquid diet. Dilluted Tomato Soup never tasted so good. I have to admit - it has been easier than I anticipated. I STILL haven't chewed anyone's arms or heads off - so that's a good sign. It's amazing the amount of support you get from people in your life. barbbcute - i THINK i added you as a friend - but being a newbie on here - I guess we'll see if it worked.

6 days and counting - we can say, "Wednesday is our surgery" - yikes!!!!

I have found that the Multivitamins from Bariatric fusion are the best. They seem to have everything in them that we need so we aren't taking 15 pills a day. If you need information - please let me know. If you've never ordered from Bariatric Choice before - I can email you information and you can get money off your first order!! (of course, I get a little off mine as well!!) Let's help each other out here. I know I have had the best experience here in Omaha and they have been awesome with providing information - so ask away!!

In the midst of my brother's wedding weekend and still following the pre-op diet. It hasn't been too difficult - I think other people feel worse about it than I do but I guess I need to get used to eating "differently" in front of others anyway. So glad we are getting a little group together to support each other :) Our surgeries are coming up fast! Jajmj - I haven't heard of Bariatric fusion - I will definitely need to check it out!

I know - it's funny how people feel so bad for us - ha! I tell them, "I have to get used to this as this is my new life" then they feel a little better. I have been around plenty of food and not having problems. We'll see Sunday when I take two nieces to a movie as I told them I can "watch them eat popcorn" - ha ha. During my classes - we were given a comparison chart that listed different types of chewable multi Vitamins and what all they contained. And for each one - if we took that specific one - what other Vitamins we'd have to take in order to make the most of it. That was the one that you just need four of them a day and everything else is good. I don't want to become a pill popper if I don't have to. Cannot believe it's day 6 of liquid - which only means one thing - 5 days till surgery!!

We're here for you!!

Hi Ladies,

I am set for RNY on May 30....I only have to do 1 day of liquids before surgery..getting anxious tho..did preop doctors visit last week but have a preop class this Wed. glad to see a few people having surgery this week.. good luck to all of you and be sure to come back and keep in touch

Eighth day on pre op liquid/protein shake diet. Going very well. It's nearly dinnertime, so today is nearly in the books. Tomorrow is my last day before surgery!! Getting so very excited, 's real now! Cannot wait for Tues. 5/27 surgery day...also getting more nervous. Good luck to you too, azreadytolose...I'll be thinking of you on Friday 5/30.

Well, here it is "the BIG day" surgery day. I have to leave in an hour to be at the hospital for 9:45 am. So nervous, anxious and excited all rolled in to one ball of butterflies! Here's to all of us...good luck and bright future!!!

Good luck and welcome to the losers bench..a new life is beginning..

Good luck - tomorrow will be here before I know it!!

My surgery was just moved up to 8 am tomorrow from 1:30. So excited!!

Well guys, tomorrow is approaching fast. I have to be at hospital at 730am, an I live about an hour away so I will be leaving house at about 615am. I just finished packing my bag, an I hope I didn't forget anything! I'm excited, but I'm scared to. I'm not big on pain, an I'm scared of hurting in recovery. Also a little worried about my Gummy Multivitamin. Do you think my new sleeve will be cable to handle a gummy Vitamin?

No gummies!! I specifically asked and they said no - has to be chewable a. gummies could get stuck (kinda like no more chewing gum) and cause some serious pain!! I would hate to see you suffer. Good luck! My surgery is 830am tomorrow - hospital at 630am. I literally live across the street from it so I am pretty lucky!

Well My surgery is May 30th I don't know what time yet. I will call in on Thursday evening to get a time. I am so unprepared I have not packed my bag or finished cleaning my house. I will have family coming in that evening for a graduation party for my nephew on Saturday. So family will be staying at my house. This is a revision from the sleeve to rny due to a stricture and severe reflux. I am both excited and nervous. Bu I feel that we will all be okay. Good luck everyone.

Well, day 3 post surgery. I have never taken so many naps in my life although I am NOT complaining! Having to remember to eat/drink 4 oz of liquid every hour is interesting. I know I get a little more tired after I have something besides Water - like Jello or yogurt. Same routine til my follow up appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday and my PCP on Wednesday. We shall see what the next phase brings. Anyone else have a post-op update?