Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have May 27 surgery date?

My surgery is scheduled for May 27th and I'm looking for a buddy to go through the WLS journey together.

I am so anxious, nervous and most of all, excited! Looking for support.

Hi WillB!

I am having my surgery on the 05/30 and I am ready to get going! My process has been relatively smooth and I can't believe it is coming up this quickly. I am feeling the same as you - it turns out my 2 weeks before the surgery are very full of commitments made earlier this year so it should help make the time pass a little quicker and I won't have much time to think about it. I am having the sleeve not bypass but could always use more support too :-) It does seems like there is a lot of support on these forums too! Good luck!!!

Hey Barbbcute,,

Thanks for the reply...good luck to you as well. Do you have to do any sort of 9 day pre op

Protein shake/clear liquid diet? I do for my surgeon, It shrinks the liver to make the surgery

easier. I begin on May 18th. I have my pre op physical May 22. Time is flying, getting apt.

ready now, buying catfood/litter/water ahead, so I won't have to carry them post op.

It's ok to make me your friend...I tried and the site wouldn't let me. We can support each other

throughout!! I'd like that.

Hey WillB,

I actually start my pre-op diet tomorrow for 2 weeks to do the same thing - shrink the liver. I can do Protein shakes and 1 meal a day with a Protein and vegetable. 2 days before I go to all liquids. It is interesting how much everyone's diet can vary! I am trying to get cleaning done etc too before the big day. My brother is getting married too next weekend so we will have a house full so I need to get ready for that! I already told him Protein Shakes only for me :-) and he was ok with that! We can still Celebrate without a lot of food! I did add you as a friend also! LOL - we have cats too!!

Barbbcute,

Good luck with the wedding! Keep on track (time) with your Protein Shakes and fluids. May

be difficult with wedding timing, but very important for you! I have 3 cats myself. I'm doing

mad housecleaning this week to be ready for surgery too. We sound like a pair, glad to have

you as a friend :)

I am having gastric bypass June 4th. Starting my pre op diet next week. Both nervous and excited for surgery.

Tarayn,

What's your pre-op diet like? It seems like everyone has something a little different...

Preop Diet Day #2, all liquids including 4 HMR Protein Shakes a day and sugar free liquids plus lots of water--I have to do this for 9 days, until Midnight 5/26 before surgery 5/27. So far, it's going pretty well. The HMR shakes are quite tasty. Looking forward to my pre op history & physical on 5/22 and surgery on 5/27!! Can't wait, so anxious and excited!!

Hi all, my big day is May 28! I'm so nervous yet excited to become healthier again. I started my 2 week liquid diet with Optifast 4 times a day, I can have sf Jello, sf Popsicles and drink that's it, it was so hard to make dinner tonight but I was good! Ok I licked the spoon after stirring the mashed potatoes but that's it! lol It did take me some getting used to the shake because I hate aspartame, but I'm doing it :)

I'll jump in between you all, mine is on the 29th May, I'm having the Omega loop gastric bypass, from a revised sleeve. Excited and nervous. Have been on pre op diet and have lost 3kgs so far, pretty happy with that

May 28th here. Just had pre-op physical with PCP yesterday. Started liquid diet this past Sunday. So far, so good. Haven't chewed anyone's arm or head off yet. Ha ha ha. liquid diet for me is Protein Shakes, Dannon lite & fit vanilla Greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, diluted Tomato Soup, chicken broth and cream of wheat. YEAH!! Now it starts where the excitement and anticipation is making it hard to sleep at night. Anyone need a surgery buddy for support?

Hey Jajmj!

I can sure use a surgery buddy and I am sure the others feel the same way! I had to laugh at your comment of not chewing anyone's arm or head off. I have noticed I have been a "wee bit" crabby the last couple of days probably due to the diet change. My doctor had a "mandatory" pre-op nutrition class that I went to. It was very informative and gave me more of a medical appreciation for why they have us do the liquid diet. It is really for our benefit so I guess it makes me more compliant.

Hoping for an easy recovery for all of us! And lots of success!

I am scheduled for the 28th! My liquid diet consists of 3 Protein Shakes with Clear Liquids only for two weeks, headed into my second week and have to admit it's not the worst thing ever! Sure I get hungry and want to eat, but I think knowing I get the surgery in 1 week makes this doable! So excited! Think it's awesome to be able to meet up with others on here who are going through the exact stuff I am! Best of luck to all of you!

Wow this is great! I thought I was a May 28th loner! lol. I'm also a touch moody because of this liquid diet, no food for be other that Optifast sf Jello and a cup of chicken broth! I operate the control room at Toronto Pearson and when my crew came in to sign out someone made a comment jokingly how I was in a bad mood today, also does anyone feel a little light headed? I did today

I am scheduled for May 27th also! I have been really scared up until today and for some reason today I have started becoming excited!!

My pre op diet is very different from what I have seen. I drink 3 carnation instant Breakfast with fat free milk , have 2 frozen dinners which have to be less then 350 calories and eat two cups of fresh veggies. Oh yes and I have to drink 64 ounces of Water.