Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

What a great idea and great routine. I wish I had time to read more, especially the spiritual giants of our time. I was just thinking that when my kids are grown and leave home, I might want to go back to school and get my Masters in Theology.

I doubt this book will be out on iTunes, though, as it was just released.

Going back to school would be a great idea! I am currently in a Master's program. I was working on a dual Master's in Theology and Counseling, but I've decided to not do the Counseling degree. I am just so burned out right now...But I go to Regent University (VA Beach, VA). Awesome, awesome school. The professors and students are wonderful. I do a combo of online classes and on campus (1x a year). Maybe you should look into their program.

Tink,

All good things come from God. An addiction to any substance is destructive. Evil destroys, while God creates. If the Band helps us break an addictive and destructive behavior in a way that isn't also addictive (example: Methadone addiction to replace heroin addiction), I believe that, used in moderation, it's a good thing. I know that I've lobbed my anti-depressants out the window since I was banded in December of '06. This band, for me, is truly a God-send.

Going back to school would be a great idea! I am currently in a Master's program. I was working on a dual Master's in Theology and Counseling, but I've decided to not do the Counseling degree. I am just so burned out right now...But I go to Regent University (VA Beach, VA). Awesome, awesome school. The professors and students are wonderful. I do a combo of online classes and on campus (1x a year). Maybe you should look into their program.

I was just in Virginia Beach about 2 weeks ago! I'm in Orange County (CA), though, so we have Biola right here near us (aka Talbot Theological Seminary).

Thanks for the recommendation. I may have to check this out. I've been into audiobooks lately. I put them on my iPod and I can listen while I'm walking, etc. I think I'll check for this book on iTunes right now.

I love my ipod. It really does not have music on it. I use it for the podcast's that I download (mainly The late Adrian Rogers Sermons) I downlowd them and put my Ipod under my hardhat at work and listen all day It is so cool to get these sermons. That man makes me cry. He will talk about GOD's love and I start tearing up. I'm just thankful that I am also sweating at the time, so I don't look like such a baby.

I love my ipod. It really does not have music on it. I use it for the podcast's that I download (mainly The late Adrian Rogers Sermons) I downlowd them and put my Ipod under my hardhat at work and listen all day It is so cool to get these sermons. That man makes me cry. He will talk about GOD's love and I start tearing up. I'm just thankful that I am also sweating at the time, so I don't look like such a baby.

I have a ton of podcasts, too, on my iPod. I love Kay Arthur and doing her Precepts Upon Precepts studies. You are too funny. "...I'm just thankful that I am also sweating at the time, so I don't look like such a baby." Now that's a real man, in my opinion!!! One who cries and realizes how blessed and loved he truly is.

I was just in Virginia Beach about 2 weeks ago! I'm in Orange County (CA), though, so we have Biola right here near us (aka Talbot Theological Seminary).

Oh yeah. Biola is awesome. I thought about going there for my Master's program, but chickened out b/c I didn't want to move to the West Coast.

Oh yeah. Biola is awesome. I thought about going there for my Master's program, but chickened out b/c I didn't want to move to the West Coast.

LOL! I love the Left, er, West Coast ;) I don't ever want to leave.

Hi everyone, sounds like all is well. I just had my consult today and I am feeling pretty excited. I didn't make the surgery date because I'm not sure how long it will take to save the money. I have a prayer request. We are in the process of severing our carriage house from our house. The carriage house has been renovated into apartments. We then want to sell the house and move into the carriage house. My prayer is that it will all come together supernaturally quickly for us. This will really free up some money. I am feeling very positive about this surgery and I feel so much peace with my decision. So much prayer has gone into this. Thanks,

HEY! I didn't know their was a christian thread, I'm glad I found you all!

With love,

Evilah

Hi Chimboree26 I am banded and have been for a year. God has blessed me abundantly through this process. I am 56 yrs old and have lost 42 lbs, but the most important part is not what I have lost but what I have gained through this. I have a complete peace of mind that God has blessed me with this tool for not only losing slowly but keeping the weight off. I have about 40 lbs to go to reach my goal which is health oriented and not "thin" oriented. If I lose 10-15 lbs a year from now on I am content because for years I steadily gained that amount each year. I feel God has honored my committment to Him to become healthier and helped me with this difficult process by this procedure.

HEY! I didn't know their was a christian thread, I'm glad I found you all!

With love,

Evilah

Yes m'am. We're glad you found us, too! Everyone here has been great. I love this thread and group of people.

Blessings

Hi Chimboree26 I am banded and have been for a year. God has blessed me abundantly through this process. I am 56 yrs old and have lost 42 lbs, but the most important part is not what I have lost but what I have gained through this. I have a complete peace of mind that God has blessed me with this tool for not only losing slowly but keeping the weight off. I have about 40 lbs to go to reach my goal which is health oriented and not "thin" oriented. If I lose 10-15 lbs a year from now on I am content because for years I steadily gained that amount each year. I feel God has honored my committment to Him to become healthier and helped me with this difficult process by this procedure.

Wow. So you have a good jumpstart on us soon-to-be bandsters. At least we know who to come to w/any long-term banding questions.

I believe that God has blessed me, too, w/this procedure. I know that He wants me to be healthy and have an abundant life. I look forward to starting my journey. It seems it can't get here soon enough!!!

Hallelujah!!! God is so good!!! He will provide for us. Remember I asked y'all to pray for my finances? Well, I got approved for a personal loan and will be able to take care of a few unexpected expenses that came up. I could cry right now. He is Jehovah Jireh, The Lord God Our Provider. Why did I even doubt??? He is so good to me and He has never let me down before.

I want to shout it from the mountaintops how good He is!!!!

What an awesome and mighty God we serve. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

Woohooooooo!!!!!!!

Chimboree26 that is awesome! I am so happy for you.

I hope you are now able to tend to what you need to with the money so that you may have a peaceful heart when your surgery time comes ;)

Psalm 34:1

I will extol the LORD at all times;

his praise will always be on my lips.