Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

First off Im so happy for you Chimboree! I am excited for you, and you are less than a month away! I remember when I was at that stage, I started to question my resolve and was beginning to wonder if it was all too good to be true, and then once I had it done I asked myself, What have I just done to myself? It was the very first thought at awakening.

Im glad you are excited, now comes the liquid diet stage soon right?

....I know he is hurting. So please everybody, pray for this simple little creature that God made. I hope you dont think I am silly for asking for prayer for a dog, he is just a sweet presence in our family. You know the saying, Lord, make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am? Its his unconditional love that gets me. OK, there. Its out there. Thanks.

I don't think you are silly at all for asking for prayer for your dog. Know that I am praying for you and your dog's recovery. I also pray that God take away the pain that he is in right now. I know you probably feel so helpless right now. Just like w/anything else we face, give it to the Lord.

Blessings!

Aww, poor doggie. :) That sounds really painful for him and I completely understand how hard it is to watch and feel so helpless. I sincerely pray the Lord give you both peace and the strength to endure whatever may come.

All,

Could you please pray for my finances? These past couple of months have been very rough for me. My car (which was paid off) caught on fire and was totaled. :confused: They're not sure what caused it. So, I had to get a new (used) car, which God totally provided for me. But now I have a car payment. Although it's not that much (less than $300/mo), it's still not a payment I anticipated. Prior to the car incident, I had moved into a brand new condo (NOV 06), so...things aren't as easy as they were.

I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Dear Chimboree, I feel for you, your car burned? How awful, But I believe that God wanted a different car for you, perhaps it would have left you in a really bad situation, and you needed a different one? I know extra payments are a bummer, Just as we did not expect to pay so much for my dog. I believe a second job for me is the only way we will meet our needs this summer. I did have a second surgery for my dog as I just could not put him to sleep. After we made the decision to have his eye removed, I really felt a lot of peace. So today he had it taken out, and he may return home tomorrow if the bleeding stops well enough.

I will be praying about your finances, and a breakthrough for new ways to earn it. I also believe in praying for supernatural provision. Something unexpected. I love it when I hear about a way that God surprised his children. He is trustworthy isnt He.

God bless you!

Hi,

I was banded on March 13th in TJ by Dr. Kuri. I just got a fill 3 weeks ago. I have lost 30 pounds.

Yes, I am a Christian and love the Lord. As a matter of fact will be getting ready to go to chuch in about 30 minutes. Would love to hear more about you. I live in SanDiego

I'm so glad you love your LORD Yasman He is AWSOME. Me and my Wife have been out of town, while my kids are at My Mom and Dads. we went fishing in Galveston all weekend so we missed Church this morning, but we are going in 20 min to the evning service. I pray that,Vic your dog will get all the help it needs. It is so hard. Pets are so much a part of our family. Chim I also Pray that you will find peace with your financials and that you surgery will be a success.

JP Moreland spoke at our church today, discussing the theology and goal behind his new book, Kingdom Triangle, and what he is devoting the next 10 years of his life towards. What an amazing sermon and an amazing man. I would strongly recommend his new book.

Thanks to those of you who have been praying for me & my finances. I am really beginning to sense some peace about this situation. I know that soon I will be posting a praise report about how He provided for me...because He is just that wonderful.

Again, thank you all!

Blessings. :)

Hi,

I was banded on March 13th in TJ by Dr. Kuri. I just got a fill 3 weeks ago. I have lost 30 pounds.

Yes, I am a Christian and love the Lord. As a matter of fact will be getting ready to go to chuch in about 30 minutes. Would love to hear more about you. I live in SanDiego

Welcome, Yasmen. We are so glad to have you here. And congrats on the weight loss, so far!

And as far as loving the Lord, He makes it easy for us to love Him, doesn't He???

JP Moreland spoke at our church today, discussing the theology and goal behind his new book, Kingdom Triangle, and what he is devoting the next 10 years of his life towards. What an amazing sermon and an amazing man. I would strongly recommend his new book.

Thanks for the recommendation. I may have to check this out. I've been into audiobooks lately. I put them on my iPod and I can listen while I'm walking, etc. I think I'll check for this book on iTunes right now.

And as far as loving the Lord, He makes it easy for us to love Him, doesn't He???

Amen -- isn't that the truth!!!! He is so, so, so good. All the time. I was just talking to my dh about this last night. Sometimes I just weep at the love He shows us.

Thanks for the recommendation. I may have to check this out. I've been into audiobooks lately. I put them on my iPod and I can listen while I'm walking, etc. I think I'll check for this book on iTunes right now.

What a great idea and great routine. I wish I had time to read more, especially the spiritual giants of our time. I was just thinking that when my kids are grown and leave home, I might want to go back to school and get my Masters in Theology.

I doubt this book will be out on iTunes, though, as it was just released.

Amen -- isn't that the truth!!!! He is so, so, so good. All the time. I was just talking to my dh about this last night. Sometimes I just weep at the love He shows us.

Yes, yes, yes! And even when we didn't/don't deserve it, when we do things to disappoint Him, He is still there, with open arms and unconditional love for us.

How can we not serve Him? There is none like Him...none at all.

I just visited this sight for the first time. What an inspirational place to visit! You all have an intense depth of faith and I admire your willingness to share and care. I truly hope God blesses you each for your willingness to give the glory where the Glory is due!

I just visited this sight for the first time. What an inspirational place to visit! You all have an intense depth of faith and I admire your willingness to share and care. I truly hope God blesses you each for your willingness to give the glory where the Glory is due!

Hi Sher! Glad you found us. So, are you banded already, or thinking about it?