Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

Hello Ghettofarm24, I was just checking out that convoy organization and it sounds wonderfull. Someone with the gift of administration must have started that vision. Its awsome. I just love learning about those kind of organizations, they glorify our Lord so. I know that your blessings are in heaven, your joy in your report shows how much you have a servants heart!

If it comes to our neck of the woods, I know Id love to be a part of it. Thanks for the info.

congrats on your banding and your wife's banding...that is great...you can be a great support team for each other....

So glad you started this thread...I don't feel that God is upset with me for getting the band...I have allowed a surgeon to use a tool in me that will help me....I had open heart surgery and didn't feel that God was upset about that...He gave the surgeons the wisdom and knowledge to do the procedures, and I feel he allowed me to take advantage of their wisdom and knowledge....I am so thankful he did....

congrats on your banding and your wife's banding...that is great...you can be a great support team for each other....

So glad you started this thread...I don't feel that God is upset with me for getting the band...I have allowed a surgeon to use a tool in me that will help me....I had open heart surgery and didn't feel that God was upset about that...He gave the surgeons the wisdom and knowledge to do the procedures, and I feel he allowed me to take advantage of their wisdom and knowledge....I am so thankful he did....

Hi,

just got home this am (230) from being banded in MX - It was wonderful. As for God and belief of the band. It is my thought that he wants his childern to be healthy, have more energy to do his work and to sing his praises when he puts all the things in place so that we make our bodies back to the "holly temple" that he designed us for.

I knowthat God took care of me getting the band. Every step was taken care of before I needed it. My DH was granted vacation and his vacation didn't start until september, the $$ was there, it has been a God thing every step. I will be telling everyone what God has done for me in this part of the journey.

The fun is yet to come I am sure..

Hi everyone: I am so happy to get to know you all. I have been considering the lap band for over a year. I am from Canada and we don't have access to health insurance that will pay for this surgery. It costs 17,000. I am considering going to mexico but honestly, going to a foreign country for surgery, well, it just scares me. I have heard nothing negative about mexico, I guess it is just the idea. I have been looking into Dr. Joya in Peurto Vallerta. He charges 8,000 and it includes air flight as well. Has anyone heard anything about him?

I think I have lived my whole life in denial. It is time to start looking at my life and my weight with real eyes. I don't feel that God is against me getting this surgery but I won't have any family or friend support.

Just wanted to say congratulations to all of you who have recently been banded. Please keep us updated!

I am still waiting to hear from my insurance company. I am on the phone w/my surgeon's office right now--I'm on hold. I am so anxious to get this going!

Blessings to everyone! :))

Hi everyone: I am so happy to get to know you all. I have been considering the lap band for over a year. I am from Canada and we don't have access to health insurance that will pay for this surgery. It costs 17,000. I am considering going to Mexico but honestly, going to a foreign country for surgery, well, it just scares me. I have heard nothing negative about mexico, I guess it is just the idea. I have been looking into Dr. Joya in Peurto Vallerta. He charges 8,000 and it includes air flight as well. Has anyone heard anything about him?

I think I have lived my whole life in denial. It is time to start looking at my life and my weight with real eyes. I don't feel that God is against me getting this surgery but I won't have any family or friend support.

Welcome! Please check out all posts regarding Dr Joya before making this very important decision. Some of his patients love him, some have some very strong reports in the other direction. Remember, your health is worth too much to go on price alone. See the links below to find some personal reviews from those who may have used him in the past.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/search.php?searchid=776976

Hi all! I'm new! I'm getting banded June 7th! So nice to know I can come here and talk (and ask for prayers) for what I am seeing as a tool to make myself a more confident; more in shape; healthier Christian!

Pam has decided on the band-She is, like many working with the insurance-I keep gleaning tid bits Pam can use to make her move to lapland easier-Total change in approach to food-Total immersion in everything that I can find on the procedure-As I read your posts I get real life info that truly makes a difference-Pam is the one getting the band, as her husband I just don't want any surprises that might be avoided-When she bands there will be plenty to deal with. Pray for us both-That God will prosper Pam in this and that I will be there for her when she realises that her world is going to change a lot-Philippians 4:13

Hi Nume and SimplyMe.

Welcome to LBT & our Christian Bandsters Thread! Glad to have you. ;)

Woohoo...If you haven't seen my post in the intro section, I was approved!!! My surgery is scheduled for 7/25/07. I am so excited!!!

The journey is about to begin!!!

First off Im so happy for you Chimboree! I am excited for you, and you are less than a month away! I remember when I was at that stage, I started to question my resolve and was beginning to wonder if it was all too good to be true, and then once I had it done I asked myself, What have I just done to myself? It was the very first thought at awakening.

Im glad you are excited, now comes the liquid diet stage soon right?

The reason I am asking for prayers is that I have a precious pet dog corgi. I just think he is the cutest little bugerbut and I may need to put him to sleep. About a month ago, we took him to the vet because his eye kept mattering up. He had an ulcerated cornea. We started with drops and 5 days later, no improvement. So we gave him surgery, it was a radial kerototemy, and more drops. He stayed in the hospital for a week so he could get drops every 2 hrs round the clock. After one week there, he had slight improvement. Now his eye has really no progress and we are on 3 mor different rxs. He needs to see a canine ophthamologist. He probably needs his eye removed. The problem is that we are out of money for this. We already put about $l500 into his care and I feel just awful about that. I think of all the hungry children going to sleep without good food. I think of all the sick people just suffering without simple medicine. I think of all the dear mothers that cant get the right medicines for thier kids and watch them die. We are so blessed in America. We have it all. and then some. I was very conflicted to get this dog in the first place. When a family we knew was getting a divorce, they were going to distroy the dog. I just could not let that happen. We have loved him for seven years. Now that he needs more care, I put him up for adoption in a corgi rescue. I am just sick about that. I dont understand why his eye wont heal. We are keeping him indoors, medicate his eye faithfully, feed him out of our hands and offer Water in a small cup as the cone on his head is huge. I have been crying on and off for about a week since I came to the realization that we were probably going to loose him. He is suffering. Its so sad. Really. I am praying for a miracle, we need one for him, and we need one to be able to keep him. This is just so out of character for me. I have weathered some really bad life events and I have always felt the presence of Jesus throught them all. I still feel Him. I just dont understand, or even desire to. I have always felt great peace in the middle of great problems. This is so minor on the scale of things so why am I so emotional? I just want resolution one way or another. I guess the hardest part is to watch him walking around with this big ugly heavy cone on his head. He clings to me closer than a shadow. I know he is hurting. So please everybody, pray for this simple little creature that God made. I hope you dont think I am silly for asking for prayer for a dog, he is just a sweet presence in our family. You know the saying, Lord, make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am? Its his unconditional love that gets me. OK, there. Its out there. Thanks.

<p>hi nume130</p> <p> </p> <p>just wanted to let you know, i have a wonderful doctor in west virginia, the cost for self pay is just under 17000.00, i know you would have to add air fare with that, but i just wanted to let you know about him, he originally came here from california, has been doing this for a long time, he does all of the by-pass surgeries and i searched for a long time, before i picked him, i live in ohio, and our state has very good surgeons also practicing this procedure, and i have alot of friends that have went to ohio state and other local hospitals that are also good, but after seminars and visits with my dr. and praying , i felt that god had lead me to him, and i have to tell you, i had a wonderful experience, even though some days after, i cried and thought i made the wrong decision, it was only me and my emotions, i am one week and one day out of surgery, and i would do it again, just wanted to share this with you, will keep you in my prayers.......debbie</p> <p> </p> <p>Banded 5/23/2007</p> <p>Dr. Nease, Huntington, WVA</p>

First off Im so happy for you Chimboree! I am excited for you, and you are less than a month away! I remember when I was at that stage, I started to question my resolve and was beginning to wonder if it was all too good to be true, and then once I had it done I asked myself, What have I just done to myself? It was the very first thought at awakening.

Im glad you are excited, now comes the liquid diet stage soon right?

The reason I am asking for prayers is that I have a precious pet dog corgi. I just think he is the cutest little bugerbut and I may need to put him to sleep. About a month ago, we took him to the vet because his eye kept mattering up. He had an ulcerated cornea. We started with drops and 5 days later, no improvement. So we gave him surgery, it was a radial kerototemy, and more drops. He stayed in the hospital for a week so he could get drops every 2 hrs round the clock. After one week there, he had slight improvement. Now his eye has really no progress and we are on 3 mor different rxs. He needs to see a canine ophthamologist. He probably needs his eye removed. The problem is that we are out of money for this. We already put about $l500 into his care and I feel just awful about that. I think of all the hungry children going to sleep without good food. I think of all the sick people just suffering without simple medicine. I think of all the dear mothers that cant get the right medicines for thier kids and watch them die. We are so blessed in America. We have it all. and then some. I was very conflicted to get this dog in the first place. When a family we knew was getting a divorce, they were going to distroy the dog. I just could not let that happen. We have loved him for seven years. Now that he needs more care, I put him up for adoption in a corgi rescue. I am just sick about that. I dont understand why his eye wont heal. We are keeping him indoors, medicate his eye faithfully, feed him out of our hands and offer Water in a small cup as the cone on his head is huge. I have been crying on and off for about a week since I came to the realization that we were probably going to loose him. He is suffering. Its so sad. Really. I am praying for a miracle, we need one for him, and we need one to be able to keep him. This is just so out of character for me. I have weathered some really bad life events and I have always felt the presence of Jesus throught them all. I still feel Him. I just dont understand, or even desire to. I have always felt great peace in the middle of great problems. This is so minor on the scale of things so why am I so emotional? I just want resolution one way or another. I guess the hardest part is to watch him walking around with this big ugly heavy cone on his head. He clings to me closer than a shadow. I know he is hurting. So please everybody, pray for this simple little creature that God made. I hope you dont think I am silly for asking for prayer for a dog, he is just a sweet presence in our family. You know the saying, Lord, make me the kind of person my dog thinks I am? Its his unconditional love that gets me. OK, there. Its out there. Thanks.

Victoriana

hi, just wanted to let you know, i came from a home with my dad being a preacher, we had a little country church, one room, no bathroom, but full of the "spirit of the Lord", you sound like you are really grieving for your little doggy, im so sorry to hear about him/her, but i just want to share this with you, my dad prays for everything, everyone and anything, no matter how small or big it may seem, i have seen him pray for his animals, inparticular, one that should of been dead probally 5 years befor it did pass away, but he kept on going and going, we thought that dog turned into the energizer bunny, even the vet told dad there was nothing else he could do for the dog, also, my dad has also prayed for cars to run when they wouldnt, surprisingly, they would start, and my dad has no mechanically skills, i have seen him pray for the Lord to provide food because we was almost out and payday was severals days away, and what do you know, there at the door, (usually that day), was someone with either groceries or money to give my dad, and keep in mind, our one room church, we werent a rich church, mostly older people on fixed incomes or young couples just beginning out, and my dad didnt take money for housing, there was no parsonage, so what little bit of money our church had coming in, went out for utilities,(gas and electric), and my dad ususlly had to add to it to meet ends for the church, but it wasnt a problem, so praying for things that might seem out of the ordinary to some, are just normal to others, so we will keep your little doggy in prayer and hope for the best, sorry to ramble so long, but God's been good to me and my family, and i like to share things with others..........take care.............debbie