Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

I consider the band the biblical knife to my throat :mad:

Proverbs 23: 1-3

When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what [is] before thee:

And put a knife to thy throat, if thou [be] a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they [are] deceitful meat.

I'm sorry but I'm having a problem w/ the way thing are today.

Not just on this site but anywhere. it's like if you tell someone your faith or about JESUS or ask them what they believe. and if they are somthing other than you (say like an athiest or morman or watch tower ect.). And then when I tell them what I belive then I am a bad person. And we are suppose to tell everyone that. JESUS is the way the truth and the life. But when we do that we are"pushing our beliefs on them". I guess what I don't get is in Proverbs it tells us not to argue w/ a fool, but at what point do we give up on someone and not argue with them

You are not a "bad person" for telling me what you believe. If you insist on labeling me a "fool" because I belong to a different (Christian) church than you, or don't share all your church's doctrines, then we would have a problem.

I am a Catholic. Catholics are Christians. Catholics are, in fact, the original Christians. I am not anointed by God to convert you to Catholicism and I promise not to try. I also promise not to pass judgment on your beliefs. They are as valid to you as mine are to me, and I respect that.

Arguing with people will not convince them that your way is the "right" way. It's a lot like trying to teach a pig to sing.....it doesn't work and annoys the pig.

You are not a "bad person" for telling me what you believe. If you insist on labeling me a "fool" because I belong to a different (Christian) church than you, or don't share all your church's doctrines, then we would have a problem.

I am a Catholic. Catholics are Christians. Catholics are, in fact, the original Christians. I am not anointed by God to convert you to Catholicism and I promise not to try. I also promise not to pass judgment on your beliefs. They are as valid to you as mine are to me, and I respect that.

Arguing with people will not convince them that your way is the "right" way. It's a lot like trying to teach a pig to sing.....it doesn't work and annoys the pig.

Well I was not refuring to anybody. But in Proverbs it says that the fool says there is no GOD

Well I was not refuring to anybody. But in Proverbs it says that the fool says there is no GOD

You're right....it does. And I think non-Christians should probably just skip right on by this thread, as you specifically identified it as being "for Christians". But if one or two happen to wander in, I don't think we should be calling them names. It's just not necessary and only gives Christians a bad name.

There are some really nice people on this forum who aren't Christian. They believe, in their heart of hearts, that I am a fool because I believe in God. But they are polite enough and civilized enough that they don't say so in their posts. I think we can extend them the same courtesy, don't you?

I never called anyone a fool you read more in to things than are there. And you asked me what I meant and I told you.

You no what Carlene you make a mountian out of a mole hill.

you try to pull me in to call you a fool.( which I have not and will not do to you or anyone else) but you on another thread just today. said (let me paste it)Courtney Love makes me throw up. I have to have a towel handy when I watch TV, just in case.)

So if it is a movie star its okay to bash someone. The thread said she just had a Lapband surgrey. What if she came here for support. You try to trap me in something I have not done, yet you are doing the exact thing you accuse me of doing.

I never called anyone a fool you read more in to things than are there. And you asked me what I meant and I told you.

I never said you had called anyone a fool. I was just being a bit proactive, hoping to head off any ugliness before it started. I have been on this forum longer than you, and I have seen these religious threads become soooooo nasty. I just wanted to point out that hatefulness in the name of Jesus is still hateful.

Well. It makes sense to me that because this thread is labeled 'Christian' Bandsters that they would not force themselves upon this particular thread, in the very same way that I don't impose myself upon those that are labeled "Canadians Only' or 'For Heathens and Pagans'.

Some time back I specifically asked to have a separate place where Christians would feel comfortable to post. I was admonished with the idea that that would make others feel left out. Since, there are other threads on this board which make it perfectly clear they want to be segregated. I don't post on them. Hence, I would think those people would see this thread the same way, although they are always welcome. It was also moved from the Rants (Debate) area, so it's not really a 'free for all' type thread. I hope that's understood anyway.

Well said.

I just got back from church. AWESOME sermon about the evidence for the Resurrection. As soon as our church posts the sermone online, I'll post a link to it for anyone who's interested. Our pastor talked about how we can worship God with our MIND, and that being intelligent and being Christian are not mutually exclusive.

I think a Christian thread is great. I have my "steadies" on another thread that I gather support from and I love them dearly so a meeting place for

Christians is just another great place to get support and prayer.

I prayed for a long time over this band - my sil had the gastric bypass and used the scripture if your eye offends you... so our stomachs offend us, and being banded is safe and I believe just as insulin is a tool for the diabetic so is the band a tool for the obese. I prayed that if it was God's will that I get the band that he would make a way. First of all my husbands insurance said absolutely NO wls, God made a way and I was able to pick up insurance on my job, not only did it pay for my surgery 100% it has a co pay which my dh's insurance picks up, so God came through for me over and above, then it was a matter of timing, its very hard for me to take time off in the summer but my 6 month pcp monitoring was up in Oct, and I was able to get banded in Dec - I'm off in the winter months so I was able to heal without missing work.

I had read the WeighDown Diet book and really felt that it made sense but I just didn't have the will power to eat the way she explained it. The band has helped me to follow good eating habits. I thank God everyday for my band.

I just got back from church. AWESOME sermon about the evidence for the Resurrection. As soon as our church posts the sermone online, I'll post a link to it for anyone who's interested. Our pastor talked about how we can worship God with our MIND, and that being intelligent and being Christian are not mutually exclusive.

we have been in the book of Joshua. In the morning service it's been great. We had chapter 6 today. Looking foward to Chapter 7 with the defeat from Ai. And then when they trusted GOD they defeated Ai.

You no what Carlene you make a mountian out of a mole hill.

you try to pull me in to call you a fool.( which I have not and will not do to you or anyone else) but you on another thread just today. said (let me paste it)Courtney Love makes me throw up. I have to have a towel handy when I watch TV, just in case.)

So if it is a movie star its okay to bash someone. The thread said she just had a Lapband surgrey. What if she came here for support. You try to trap me in something I have not done, yet you are doing the exact thing you accuse me of doing.

First of all, I am not trying to trap you into anything. Nor have I accused you of bashing or name-calling.

Secondly, I did not call Courtney Love any names. But nevertheless, if she shows up here for support, I promise to apologize to her for making light of her vomit issues with the band.

Now....shall we talk about some of the bashing you've done? Can we start with former President Bill Clinton? Or his wife, Senator Hillary Clinton? From there, let us work our way backwards to your posts vilifying gays and Lesbians. Then we can compare scores, and we'll see who has made more nasty, hateful, non-Christian remarks here - you or me.

Don't be calling the pot black, Mr. Kettle.