Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting sleeved in July or August? Looking for buddies!

That's great!! I was wondering if anyone knows if the sleeve is better for younger adults ? I'm 40 and hope that I will have the same weight loss

I am set to have surgery around the last week in July. I am 29. I am currently 5 foot 7 and 261 so I am looking for someone with similar stats or surgery date to talk to and become friends with to go through this journey with together :)

Hello ... I'm 52 yrs young! I'm 5'7 235lbs I'm working through the process with my Insurance co. Should be August.... I have switched surgeons due to a very unprofessional staff, like this isn't stressful enough. I'm very happy with the switch, sleep study done and very surprised that the apnea is severe' endoscopy next month all is moving along ! I'm sure we will be here together going through this journey, it's a great comfort to come here and be around people who understand:)

I am hoping for a July surgery date. I'm about 5'0 and 218#. I'll be 50 years old in October. I'm going for my EGD next week, preop class on 5/29, last nutrition visit 6/30 and then it will all be submitted to insurance. If everything goes smoothly I'll be sleeved about the same time as you :-)

It sounds like I will be scheduled in August- my Dr.'s office talked with insurance today-

I am working on my list which is more of my Surgeons requirements, and not the insurance-

The one big law that I'm waiting in is for both my leave time off and weightloss surgery can't happen before I'm employed with my job until I've been employed with them 1 year.

I am 48, 5"3 and 226.

I'm writing all my foods down and increasing my walking distance each week-

Hi there! I would love to have a buddy during this process. I am 29 5'8 and 275lbs. I am just starting out in this process, but if all goes as planned, they should be able to try for approval in mid July. So hopefully surgery in late August/early September. I am so excited to start living my new life!

I'm 38, 5'4" and 238 lbs. Scheduled for June 30th, which is starting to feel soon. Happy to make buddies for this journey.

Hi Sleeving Sisters! (and any Brothers, too ! would love to have some buddies to help with this exciting journey! I'm 57, 5'8 247. Since my first pregnancy in 1999 I've can 't seem to get rid of this extra person that I'm carrying around. I expect my surgery to be around July or so. My first NUT appt is next Friday, and my psych eval the flwg week. 2 more wks on my PCP diet & done. Can't wait for this to happen.

Edited by peteyrulz

Hello! I have my first consult on June 12, and with my surgeon on the whole it takes about 2 months (it did with my co-worker anyway) so I'm looking at an August date, maybe Sept. I'm 27yo, 5'8", and 277 lbs. If anything, keep us all updated on how it goes for you!!

Just got the call today from my surg's office and they have a consult appt open for tomorrow at 12:30 rather than me having to wait until June 12. I barely let her finish the sentence before I said yes! I am so excited. After this I should be about 80% there towards making my surg date!

My earliest possible surgery date is July 29. Will have last dietitian appt of July 2nd and hopefully insurance is prepared. My nurse has been submitting each month after each dietitian appt. I'm 5'9" and currently 341 lbs aNd 41 yrs old.

Hello! I have my first consult on June 12, and with my surgeon on the whole it takes about 2 months (it did with my co-worker anyway) so I'm looking at an August date, maybe Sept. I'm 27yo, 5'8", and 277 lbs. If anything, keep us all updated on how it goes for you!!

Just got the call today from my surg's office and they have a consult appt open for tomorrow at 12:30 rather than me having to wait until June 12. I barely let her finish the sentence before I said yes! I am so excited. After this I should be about 80% there towards making my surg date!

Well my appt was great! The only drawback was I have H. Pylori in my upper GI so fun stuff. On anti-biotics for 2 weeks (they make me feel like vomiting) then an endoscopy to make sure it is all murdered and gone, then finally I should be able to get my surg date on July 9th. My surg and his entire staff were wonderful! I have a take home machine that is a precursor test for sleep apnea, it will determine if I actually need to go in for a sleep study or not, I'm really hoping not, I woke up a lot last night to go potty and I started to worry that that wouldn't look good, but then I realize that it is just testing whether or not i'm breathing. I'm a bit of a worrier, but at the same time I can talk myself down!
Where is everyone else at in this process? Any other H. Pylori sufferers out there?

Edited by MistyAnnMoon829

Glad your appointment went well!! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is H. Pylori?

I 'm just starting out in the process. I've had the initial consultation to figure out what steps need to be taken for the surgeon and insurance. Thank God with my insurance it doesn't sound like it will be a very long process! I have set up my appointment to do my phone call "appointment" with health partners (I have to do 5 in 10 weeks) and I'm waiting for my appointment with dietician and psych eval on June 16.

Edited by TSJackie

July 22 for me! Super excited and worried I will mess it up

Glad your appointment went well!! If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is H. Pylori?

I 'm just starting out in the process. I've had the initial consultation to figure out what steps need to be taken for the surgeon and insurance. Thank God with my insurance it doesn't sound like it will be a very long process! I have set up my appointment to do my phone call "appointment" with health partners (I have to do 5 in 10 weeks) and I'm waiting for my appointment with dietician and psych eval on June 16.

I don't mind at all, if I can't talk about it with my fellow VSGers who can I?! It is a parasite/bacteria that lives in your upper GI (if you have them). It can cause ulcers and in severe cases stomach cancer. About 20% of americans under 40 have it, and the percentage is higher for those over 60. I think that was what I read. You can get it from food or Water. It's pretty common, they check for it when they do your labs. Most people live with it for years and never even have a symptom! It's treated with 14 days of 3 different types of anti biotics and then is checked with an endoscopy, or a breath test since it takes so long for the trace of it to leave your blood. I didn't even have any symptoms and no idea where it came from. I just hope that the pills kill it because I hate taking them and feeling sick for 2 hours after.

Sounds like everything is moving along smoothly for you!! I was really nervous about talking with a NUT but she was really nice and informative and gave me a lot of alternate foods to eat that I already love. I bet you are easily going to have your surg in July!! If i'm lucky me too, or early August, even though my birthday is in August so I may not be recovered enough to eat anything at all!

Edited by MistyAnnMoon829

Thank you for that info! I've never heard if that before. Interesting! I hope that clears up super fast for you!

Alright, I have one more question. What exactly is a NUT? I see it on here all the time and I think it's the dietician, but not sure :)

I am set to have surgery around the last week in July. I am 29. I am currently 5 foot 7 and 261 so I am looking for someone with similar stats or surgery date to talk to and become friends with to go through this journey with together :)

Hey there! I am scheduled for my procedure on 07/31! :)