Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting sleeved in July or August? Looking for buddies!

I am hoping to have my sleeve the first week in July! So glad for a support group! I will be having it done in Mexico. Self pay! Down fall is you don't get the help beforehand? So I am doing a lot of reading. Any support would be great!

Yeah I am concerned about the results because I am not going through all the insurance requirements as a self pay... will I do as well as everyone else? Am I missing out on anything? Luckily my surgeon has a great year long follow up plan with classes.

<p>I am so ticked off right now. I have been seeing my PCP for several months for Weight Managemnt and I was told this would count as towards my insurance requirements. So i spoke with the advocate at the hospital today and she informs me my doctors notes are not thorough enough . Now i have to start three months of classes. I ws hoping to have surgery soon . Al other pre -op testing done except psh eval which is scheduled next week. Now it may be late August before i am sleeved. (TEARS)</p>

I am sorry! My insurance would not cover mine! I am doing a self pay in Mexico?? You should think about it?? My deductible would have cost more than my surgery does there!!

I am hoping to have my sleeve the first week in July! So glad for a support group! I will be having it done in Mexico. Self pay! Down fall is you don't get the help beforehand? So I am doing a lot of reading. Any support would be great!

Yeah I am concerned about the results because I am not going through all the insurance requirements as a self pay... will I do as well as everyone else? Am I missing out on anything? Luckily my surgeon has a great year long follow up plan with classes.

I think if you read the forums you will be fine! I am also doing Mexico! We can do this together!! When is your date? Hopefully mine is July 1st

I am so ticked off right now. I have been seeing my PCP for several months for Weight Managemnt and I was told this would count as towards my insurance requirements. So i spoke with the advocate at the hospital today and she informs me my doctors notes are not thorough enough . Now i have to start three months of classes. I ws hoping to have surgery soon . Al other pre -op testing done except psh eval which is scheduled next week. Now it may be late August before i am sleeved. (TEARS)

I am so sorry to hear this! Is there no way your dr can amend his/her notes and resubmit??

I think if you read the forums you will be fine! I am also doing Mexico! We can do this together!! When is your date? Hopefully mine is July 1st
Looks like July 1st! I need to complete some paper work.... I have no followup classes? I might look into getting a book?

I am set to have surgery around the last week in July. I am 29. I am currently 5 foot 7 and 261 so I am looking for someone with similar stats or surgery date to talk to and become friends with to go through this journey with together :)

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has had abnormal test results. My surgery is scheduled for July 15th! I found out today that my chest X-Ray looks abnormal?! My surgeons office said I need a clearance from my doctor for anesthesia?! Any one have this problem?!

I'm July 1st :) I'm 5-4 & 240.

I dont have a surgery date as of yet, but I am done with all my appointments just waiting for insurance approval. Hopefully it wont take much longer. I am 5'4" 245 lbs.

I would love to have some buddies to travel in this journey.

Hey All,

I'm 54, 5' 6", and 218 lbs. Scheduled for VSG with dr. verboonen in Mexico on July 7th. It feels like such a big step - a little (lot!) overwhelming and a little exciting all at the same time. Ready for a change and ready to take on the challenge of improving my health.

I'd be happy to be in touch with you as we embark on this new chapter in life.

Take care.

Trudy

My Surgery day is July 8th i am so excited i am 27 but will be 28 when i have my surgery.

I am about mid way through. I am curious if anyone had/has to lose a certain amount of weight before being approved for surgery? If so, what changes in your day to day eating activities did you make to lose it?

My doctor requires a 5% weight loss or no surgery. I have started working with the nutritionist now. Keeping a food diary using my fitness pal, started doing Water arobics twice a week only eating 3 meals a day and an evening snack due to insulin. No sugar, no food from the avoid list. I still don't have a surgery date but I wanted to make these changes now because I figure after surgery there will a whole lot more stuff to get use to.

I would love a buddy as well! I'm 32 255 lbs 5 ft 2 in. and should find out my exact date in 2 wks but was told should be around July 21st. It's been 6 months for me and I'm sooo ready now!

My surgery will be sometime in August- getting close to pin pointing a date-

I just have to demonstrate a wright loss- they told me that just as importantly as loosing, to get in a great walking pattern-

I think to shoot for 10%, is what I was told-

I've cut out pop, having some difficulties with giving up afternoon chocolate- lol

Since I have spent the last 20 years as a professional dieter- lol I'm going to go back and start MRC ( metobolic research center) the reason is that I'd like to loose 20 pounds before surgery-

It's the diet that I could follow and will have similar eating once on food after surgery-

I just needed something to focus-and loose-

I started last week- down 6 pounds-

Mainly I'm getting in Water, eating fresh foods and no preservatives-

<p>Hey All,</p> <p> </p> <p>I'm 54, 5' 6", and 218 lbs. Scheduled for VSG with Dr. verboonen in Mexico on July 7th. It feels like such a big step - a little (lot!) overwhelming and a little exciting all at the same time. Ready for a change and ready to take on the challenge of improving my health. </p> <p> </p> <p>I'd be happy to be in touch with you as we embark on this new chapter in life.</p> <p> </p> <p>Take care.</p> <p>Trudy</p>

My scheduled date is June 28th!! Mexico, Dr.Ortiz! I can't wait... Reality is here? I am 5'4" 245! Don't know why it seems ok to bare it all on this site!!

Well my appt was great! The only drawback was I have H. Pylori in my upper GI so fun stuff. On anti-biotics for 2 weeks (they make me feel like vomiting) then an endoscopy to make sure it is all murdered and gone, then finally I should be able to get my surg date on July 9th. My surg and his entire staff were wonderful! I have a take home machine that is a precursor test for sleep apnea, it will determine if I actually need to go in for a sleep study or not, I'm really hoping not, I woke up a lot last night to go potty and I started to worry that that wouldn't look good, but then I realize that it is just testing whether or not i'm breathing. I'm a bit of a worrier, but at the same time I can talk myself down! Where is everyone else at in this process? Any other H. Pylori sufferers out there?

When I got my labs back, I also had H. Pylori. I had to take 2 different antibiotics for 2 weeks. I didn't have any problems with the pills at all. Thank goodness!! The drs. Haven't said any more to me about it. From what I read, it's pretty rare for the antibiotics to not work. My surgery date is July 14th. I see my surgeon on July 1st so I will ask him about it then.Good luck on taking the meds.