Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Thanks Suzzzie!!! You are sooooo kind.....I'm worried about Stef...it's as though she dropped off the face of the earth...have you heard from her?

Haven't heard a word from Stef. I've msged her here, texted, called... I'm hoping she just needed a break and that nothing is really wrong. I hope she drops in soon to let us know she is OK.

:sad: Hi All. I had surgery in January of 2007 at WTLSC. I went through the process of having insurance coverage verified by WTLSC. They told me my surgery was covered. So we scheduled surgery. Everything was wonderful until a couple of days ago, when I received a letter from WTLSC saying that my insurance company wanted their money back. After further investigation on my part, I have discovered that WTLSC has billed my insurance company on several occassions for at total of over $130,000.00. Not sure what they are doing. They told me surgery would cost about $25K and my part would be $2800. Just advising everyone to please be careful. I have noticed WTLSC has also changed the wedsite since my surgery - how convenient!! I was not able to find any of the information I was given at the time of surgery.

I have lost a total of 75 lbs to date!!! :lol: So, it can be done. I need to really get back in the swing of things, cause I haven't had a fill for over 6 months and have noticed my appetite increasing.

I would love to hear comments. :frown:

Ginger3151 - BeckieT and I both had surgery at WTLSC on the same day - June 15 2007 and neither of us have had financial problems with them since. So far my total bill is just over $600 after insurence.

I'm not suer what the issue is that you are having, but it's not WTLSC fault. And I haven't seen any change in their website, other than minimal stuff, in the past year.

good morning everyone!!!

bigbaby you look wonderful! I am impressed! I am glad you are feeling great.

beckie glad all went well with the port. Keep us posted. It is remarkable what they can do!

suzzzie how are you doing? how is your mouth? Dentist,,,,hate it! worse than the band surgery!

ginger sorry to hear about your insurance challenges! I am still working on my bills with the doctor's office and hospital. My surgery itself finally is complete, I think I paid about $200 after insurance. But all my visits and fills since then is pending. it is either the doctor's office or the insurance company messing up. it is a nightmare trying to navigate through, but I am confident it will eventually be paid. hang in there.

I am off to a wedding tomorrow in WVA. I am excited about the weekend away. it will be fun, just my dh and me.

Hello Stef out there!!

Well ~ today was the day ~ 1 year down and the rest of my life to enjoy. I've changed my signature pic, but I plan on posting updated pics on the other thread. We'll see if I remember how to do that.

I posted pics on the 1 year site and actually did it correctly. I thought I'd post here too :confused_smile:

post-225935-13813137200168_thumb.jpg

post-225935-13813137200362_thumb.jpg