Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

And just WHERE are you? No excuses just because your date passed!! If anyone I would think you'd post, you look so damn good!!

HA! You are so nice! But EVERYONE is looking damn good! I may post...haven't decided.

Okay...never, ever been a fan of yogurt...outside of frozen chocolate, that is. But I tried a Yoplait Light Fat Free today that is to die for! Have y'all tried White Chocolate strawberry? Heaven!

WOW! Where the heck IS everyone?!?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LUCY - GOOD NEWS! Lean Body Gold in the Cookie Twist flavor has no nuts! It is GOOD, too, girl!

Hey I guess everyone must be shopping their hearts out. I think I'm about done with that...only a few stocking stuffers closer to Christmas and taking the kids to get things for each other and pets, etc. But, I'm dying to get the tree up....it's the latest it's ever been.

Good news! I have restriction kicking in. My coffee was even squeaking this morning! It seems if I skip a meal or so, then the next time I eat I have even more restriction. Case in point, I had some coffee today, and then around 2:00 I got some chicken strips, and could only eat one. FF to dinner, and I ate about 3 bites and that was eat. I waited about 1/2 hour.....a bit embarrasing because I was at a dinner with friends...and then I picked on my food a bit more....had a few more bites and I was done. Then later at home had a small bowl of Cereal. By then I was pretty wide open so I had to exert some willpower! Anyway, I'm okay with skipping my fill appt. for the 19th and wait until January.

Hope everyone else is well!

Cheers,

Same here...done with shopping except for the little stuff. JUST got the tree decorated last night, so I hear ya! Still need to wrap. Fun.

Congrats on the restriction!!! Aren't these bands just funny things? Just when you think you know something about them, they change their pattern. Go figure, but so glad you got resolution around that!

Good morning all Just wanted to say hello! I have been very busy this week, but reading the posts. You are all doing great....Rhonda, glad it kicked in! Sometimes it takes some time.

Stef that yogurt is very good!

have a great day...I will write more later.

Java - Yes, ma'am...it is yummy! And now I know that the Key Lime Pie is yummy, too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I've been all over the Protein Bars lately, right? Well here's another tip/opinion...Stay the hell away from Pure Protein. I got the Double Layer Bar in strawberry Shortcake. Sounds good, right?

Uh-uh...has the smell and aftertaste like you've just dined in the catbox.

One bite, a couple chews...spit...throw the bar in the trash.

After only losing 15 lbs during pre op diet and right after the surgery and gaining 5 of those pounds. I wrote down all foods that not only get stuck but I don't digest well and have taken them all out and I am left just veggies and fruits so I started to eat natural and nothing that comes from animals and the only carb is whole wheat Pasta. I have lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.

So I am finally loosing. As for a fill I have one free fill left and I am not going to use it until it is absolutely necessary.

congratz o2b and mystic!!!

We're all in the journey together!!!!

Anyone heard from Toni lately...I wonder how she's doing?

Hello all!! It's a crazy week for me at work - 12+ hour days right now ;)

I think the extra work and general stress has given me more restriction!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I have to do liquids for Breakfast - nothing else will work - my pills and Vitamins are hard enough to get down and they are chewable!!

The extra restriction is starting to follow me into breakfast and dinner but I can eat solids - just only a few bites!!!!

I've still got some Christmas shopping to do - not much; down to picking up gift cards :) I hope everyone has a fabulous week!! :D

wombat

Ah Christmas shopping.

Well, I have wayyyy too much family to get everyone something. A few years ago I dropped down to basics. I only buy for my mom, dad & stepmom, and my 7 neices and nephews. I do tiny gifts for my Aunts and grandparents (like $5 or less)... But I have 7 brothers and 3 sisters plus half of them are married... so yeah. It would put me in bankruptcy if I bought for everyone. Anyway, I'm almost done. I have to get gift cards for my 3 oldest neices/nephew to finish off their baskets. And I want to get my dad a penguin tie. Lol. Its a long story, but trust me, he would totally wear it just for me.

As far as restriction goes... As long as I eat the right things it's great! I am stuffed on about 3-5 bites of chicken or Beans or tuna or anything with a nutritional value. (Lol) chocolate however, slides right on through. And I'll be damned if chocolate isn't EVERYWHERE right now. (of course, right?!) It's really hard to no go back to my old ways of eating it. I remember when I first considered the band and I found this site and I read a thread where someone had had their band for a couple years and had only lost like 30 pounds or something because she was eating around her band... going for the ooey gooeys that slide right on down that the band wouldn't stop unless you were totally closed off. And here recently I'd considered getting another fill cause I was like 'dang! I eat too many calories!' but it's all in crap junk foods... which, duh, are higher in calories and less filling. So I have (hopefully) snapped out of my chocolate binge... which truthfully began at Thanksgiving. I'll never make 299 by New Years if I keep eating like I have. So from now on I'm following basic bandster rules: Protien first. Veggies and fruits next. Then everything else (if there is room!)

My scales said 303 this morning... though I'm not really believing it, since I've eaten nothing but chocolate for the last 2 weeks. I'll weigh again tomorrow and go with whatever it says - though I must admit I'm crossing my fingers and toes and arms and legs that it still says 303!

I need to try to get my 6 month pictures taken, though I still have 3 more days! Maybe I'll lose another 20 pounds by then? Nah!!

Suzzzie, 303 is amazing!!! Congratulations!!!! I know what you mean about the chocolate going down so nice and easy. I just had a small cup of hot and sour Soup and 1/2 a crab rangoon and 2 bites of general's chicken and that's it. Hoping to hear about a surgery date today for the flip.

MysticStar, it's great you're losing. You might know that I'm a vegan but my weight loss isn't greater than some of our power players here. I just wanted to say that the fresh fruit and vegies are great, especially if it works for you. It disturbs me that some bandsters eat no fruit and almost no vegies. I must say that I rarely PB and if I do, it's because I haven't chewed a leafy green enough.

I'm sure you know this but you also need to eat Protein every day. I personally do it in the form of nuts, seeds, lentils, hommous, kidney Beans etc. I make delicious veg curries and whole wheat Pasta dishes (for a Pasta Sauce, try mixing a little tahini with Tomato pasta sauce, vegies & brown lentils -it's outstanding). Tofu is easy to digest. Also, make sure you are taking B12 if you are going to go 'no animal' long term.

Again, happy you're losing.

Thanks, Stef! I'm going to try it ASAP!!!!

I had another fill today + 1cc. I thought I previously had 6ccs, but I only had 5. Now I'm up to 6. The last fill was very effective, but I was starting to feel like I was losing restriction. All the saline was still there, but maybe my body had just gotten used to it.

I haven't even STARTED xmas shopping yet! But I'm planning to do almost all of it tomorrow. I don't have too many people to shop for.

Hope all the Junies are doing well!