Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Here are the ingredients for the Supreme Protein Bar. (I copied them from a website....Stef is rubbing off on me!!!)

Protein Complex (Whey Protein isolate, milk protein isolate), Polyol syrups blend (maltitol, polydextrose, glycerol, sorbitol), roasted peanuts, Peanut Butter (roasted whole peanuts, salt) roasted soy nuts, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, (unsweetened chocolate), butter (pasturized cream, salt, annatto color), ascorbic acid, niacinamide, pyridonine HCL, riboflavin, thiamine, mononitrate, cyanocobalamin, Vitamin A, palmiate, dl-alpha-tocopheryl, acetate, calcium-pantothenate, Biotin, copper gluconate, reduced Iron, potassium iodide, zinc oxide, phytomeandione, natural & artificial flavors, sot lecithin (an emulsifier), sucralose.

Here is the full label.

1pix.gif1pix.gif1pix.gif

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 Bar (3.4oz)

Servings Per Container 12

black.gifAmount Per Servingblack.gifCalories 330

black.gif Calories from Fat 110

black.gif

% Daily Value

black.gif

Total Fat12g18%black.gifSaturated Fat5g24%black.gifTrans Fat0g0%black.gifCholesterol20mg7%black.gifSodium300mg12%black.gifPotassium65mg2%black.gifTotal Carbohydrate34g11%black.gifDietary Fiber1g6%black.gifSugars4gblack.gifSugar Alcohol27gblack.gifProtein30gblack.gifVitamin A35%black.gifVitamin C25%black.gifCalcium15%black.gifIron15%black.gifVitamin E50%black.gifThiamin2%black.gifRiboflavin10%black.gifNiacin15%black.gifVitamin B630%black.gifFolate30%black.gifVitamin B1225%black.gifBiotin10%black.gifPantothenic Acid10%black.gifPhosphorus20%black.gifMagnesium6%black.gifZinc10%black.gifSelenium4%black.gifCopper20%black.gifManganese15%black.gifPercent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.black.gifIngredients: Supreme Protein Blend 30g: (Whey Protein Isolate, whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate), chocolate [Maltitol, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Milkfat, Polydextrose, Soy Lecithin (an emulsifier), Vanillin, Sucralose], Maltitol Syrup, Peanuts, Vegetable Glycerine, Milk Protein Concentrate, Soybean Oil, Coconut Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Cream (Heavy Cream, Carrageenan, Mono and Diglycerides), Water, Hydrolyzed Fish collagen (cod), Soy Protein Crisps (Isolated Soy Protein, Rice Flour, Malt Extract, Salt), Soy Lecithin (an emulsifier), Salt.

to each his own......Unless you're growing it yourself....you can never know how many ingredients you're digesting....do you know what's in ALL of the food that you eat when you're at a restaurant?????????/

I posted my anniversary pix on the Junies 6 month page. I really hadn't felt like I lost that much until I compared the photos today.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Wow Insub, MM and Lucy! You guys are kickin' it!

My bandiversary is on the 18th. Since my weight has crept up about 7 pounds in the last month, maybe I'll repost last month's pics? <G>

Found another good Protein bar at smoothie King!

Lean Body Gold is the name. I bought Almond Fudge and Caramel Peanut. Haven't tried the Caramel Peanut yet, but the Almond Fudge is great! It has 3 more net carbs and 5 more sugars, but the numbers are still fantastic. And the texture is even better. Still 30 grams of protein.

(OMG...looking for a pic I found other flavors on Amazon! Texas Pecan Praline?!?!? That has GOT to be good! There is Caramel Cookie Twist and Caramel Almond, too.)

41kHcT8mfuL__AA250_.jpg?t=1197231048

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy viewpost.gif

Thanks, Rhonda!

It sucks that all the Protein bars have nuts in them -- I can't eat nuts frown.gif

I think the Cookie Twist has crisps instead of nuts. I'll verify that tomorrow. Found out that Smoothie King closes early on Sundays and I missed out one, so I will definitely be there tomorrow. I see on a lot of foods disclaiming that their product contains no nuts, but may be processed on equipment that also processes nuts...is that a problem, as well for you? I don't know if thier label says that or not just yet for that flavor. It would be great if we could find a good one for you. Keep your fingers crossed and I will buy one tomorrow so I can put the label up on the board.

Thanks, Big baby!

Stef, you are the Protein bar queen! If you find out about the no nuts, let me know. I can eat things that have been processed on the same equipment as nuts -- it's not an allergy, but an intestinal disorder where I don't digest nuts and seeds well. If it's creamy Peanut Butter, for example, I can eat it. But if there are chunks of nuts, it won't work. Thank you!

I was looking forward to going to Smoothie King all day yesterday. When I pulled in last night, they were closed!!! I didn't check to see if they closed early on Sundays or if they just aren't open. I was SO disappointed! So not only didn't I get my smoothie, I wasn't able to get that Protein bar. But I am definitely going tonight!!!

I checked out the six month pix thread...everyone looks so good!

I was looking forward to going to Smoothie King all day yesterday. When I pulled in last night, they were closed!!! I didn't check to see if they closed early on Sundays or if they just aren't open. I was SO disappointed! So not only didn't I get my smoothie, I wasn't able to get that Protein bar. But I am definitely going tonight!!!

I checked out the six month pix thread...everyone looks so good!

And just WHERE are you? No excuses just because your date passed!! If anyone I would think you'd post, you look so damn good!!