Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hello all!! It's a crazy week for me at work - 12+ hour days right now wink.gif

I think the extra work and general stress has given me more restriction!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!

I concur. I'm working and stressing like that too and I'm as tight as a nun (I mean drum). I only have 6 days left to 'serve' before I get my parole. I quit after 6 years. Now I just have to work up the nerve to confront my boss about my 5 weeks unpaid overtime.

Good luck Insub!! It's hard quitting - they always abuse you at the end - overwork you etc. I think they are hoping you leave early etc so they don't have to pay you.

I worked at one job that was an absolute nightmare. I would cry on the way in to work it was that bad. When I turned I my notice, my boss made my life a living hell. I REFUSED to give her the satisfaction of not working out my notice and toughed it out to the end. By the time I left, her face was all pinched up like a shrew :)

Stef, I saw your pix on the june 6 month thread...you look good!!!!

Thank you! When are you posting?

Okay, cool...I'm impatient to see everyone! It looks like most folks aren't posting. C'mon guys! We are proud of you and excited to see you!

Had my work Christmas party today... my tummy is in revolt! I ate 2 peices of fudge, a cookie, and then 2 small bowls of Taco Soup. SO good. I also had 4 lil smokies... and 1/4 of a turkey sandwich. Ugh. I think it was the fudge that sent me over the edge though. I've been running to the bathroom every 20 minutes! I think that tomorrow might be another clear liquid day. Lol.

I'm still planning on posting my 6 months pics on Saturday... but it will be late cause I have to go to my moms Nursing school graduation that day. (Yay Mommy!)

Okay, I'm copying this to all my threads. I got a look at myself today that I did NOT like!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...question: what do you do to tone up the skin when you lose weight? Specifically, my tummy is shrinking faster than my skin can keep up and I don't know what to do for it. Hubby has always raved about my skin and this is VERY important to me. Heck, even my manicurist raves about my skin. This is a vanity point for me and I need HELP!

Had my work Christmas party today... my tummy is in revolt! I ate 2 peices of fudge, a cookie, and then 2 small bowls of Taco Soup. SO good. I also had 4 lil smokies... and 1/4 of a turkey sandwich. Ugh. I think it was the fudge that sent me over the edge though. I've been running to the bathroom every 20 minutes! I think that tomorrow might be another clear liquid day. Lol.

I'm still planning on posting my 6 months pics on Saturday... but it will be late cause I have to go to my moms Nursing school graduation that day. (Yay Mommy!)

Suzzzie, my girl....WTF?!?!? (Though I must say that I wish I had some Taco Soup right now!) Sorry you are a prisoner to the porcelain god, though!

Hello all!! you have been busy!

Lucy, good luck with your fill. I have 6.5cc and have had good restriction, but for some reason I decided to eat a small piece of costco pizza. and it went right down!! I am not sure how and not sure why I ATE IT!! UGH!!

Suzzzie, I have had a few Cookies, this time of the year is tuff. I only have one party, this Saturday, to deal with. but the wine will be more of my calories. I do ok with party food, for I am not sure what will go down and dont' want to be heaving in their bathroom...LOL.

stef the only suggestion is crunches. ab work. lots of them! LOL. good luck. that is why so many people have the Tummy Tuck because that skin sometimes wont' go away. I feel about my hair the way you feel about your skin. I am still losing it, but my NP said dont' worry you won't go "bald"! I was not happy with her remark, for I see scalp and it worries me. I am taking vitimans and getting in Protein. I am still looking for your supreme bar!

TGIF Have fun shopping and getting ready for the holidays!

I will try to post my pics this weekend!

Ah, Java! Crunches, huh? That is what GOT me in this predicament in the FIRST place! LOL I do 180-240 crunches at least three times a week. That is how my tummy is finally shrinking so fast. I've been doing them forever...but it is really starting to pay off. With the skin not being able to keep up. I got some lotion last night that is supposed to help...gonna try daily massage of the area...but it's not TOO terrible...I just panicked when I noticed it for the first time. Thank you and if you come across a "magic wand", please let me know! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm off to Houston again to visit with hubby after I take our son to school, so y'all have a great weekend in case I can't check back in for bit!

Hi everyone! I will have to catch up on the post later, I am supposed to be headed to work! I had to let everyone know that I am officially 102lbs on my 6 months Bandiversary! I was so worried after sitting in a meeting all day yesterday that I would get there (eating M&M's was the biggest worry really :-) ) but I did it! I love my band!

Stef, I have the same issue -- most of my excess weight is in the belly/butt area. Now that I am losing, that is what is getting more jiggly. I've started wearing Shapewear undergarments and Spanx every day. It's not the ideal situation, but it does help keep things under more control. I've basically resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to have a lower body lift when the weight is gone. Exercise helps, but skin is pretty hard to "shrink". Way to go with the crunches. I think I need to add those to my workout -- if it's working for you then maybe it will work for me!

Lucy - gotta ask...what the heck are "spanx"?!?!? Love the name, though! LOL I don't think I could wear control garments...I'd be a nudist if I could! I think there is more than a little bit of hippie in me!

Missy, you lost 102 pounds in 6 months!!!?!!!

That's outstanding. That's my goal for 12 months. I bet you did it through pure hard work. Wow! Our first June Bandster to lose 100 pounds. I'm sure Holli and Suzzzie won't be far behind. This calls for some icons.

Also, how does it feel to be 100 pounds lighter? Has your centre of gravity changed?

:update: YOU ROCK!:Banane20:

:whoo::clap2::faint::banana:cheer2:

:)