Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I have to ask you all a question. My doctor has been telling me that I need to eat about 5 small meals a day or at the very least I need to eat 3 small meals and 2 Snacks in between. When I started doing that I feel like I eat all day and my weight loss has seemed to slow down. Do you all eat in between meals? If so, what are you eating?

Thanks Insub - I thought Holliwagz was already there??

I am not sure about the pure hard work - although I am proud of myself, it really just proves to me all I had to do was eat less - especially less carbs. I could never have done it without the band though, I just don't have the will power. Proof of that is I have yet to exercise.

I definitely feel better. I have more confidence. I am not sure about the center of gravity. I was always banging in to things before - the psych said it was because of body perception. I never really thought I was as big as I was. I am still huge and have more left to lose than most have when they start this process, but I feel pretty good right now.

Skin - I am pretty sure I could win any contest for extra skin! :-) not one I want to, but as Lucy said, I have resigned myself to plastic surgery when I am done.

I did treat myself tonight - I bought Real Jeans and a belt. I can't tell you the last time I wore real jeans. 22WP down from 5X stretch pants.

In other news - hubby got a call from a photographer yesterday, they want him to come in to take pictures for our surgeon next Tuesday - which is his birthday also, so pretty good gift! I told him to be sure to take his size 54 fat pants. I made him keep one pair.

I know I started the picture thread and I really wanted to post today, but I don't have my camera with me. I will get something posted soon. I am disappointed in my Thanksgiving pics, so I am reluctant to post those.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hey all! Glad to know everyone is doing well. Y'all sure look good.

Sorry about the skin issue to those who have it. I have a skin cream from Avon that is supposed to work pretty well. Fortunately (well, kinda unfortunately) I'm a slower loser so I'm hoping I don't have to go for a body lift when I hit goal. I might look at getting a boob lift though...sure aren't where they were when I was 21! LOL

Soooo, I went out with a coworker on Thursday night to her husband's work party. I actually felt like I looked decent enough to flirt, dance, talk to strangers, all that good stuff. A guy was goofing off and was flirting back. :Banane20: Amazingly enough he called yesterday and I scored a lunch date!

Had a great time at lunch....but for whatever reason...I'm thinking nerves...I threw up three times! :) Sooo not happy. Had to explain to him about the surgery and I hadn't wanted to go there. I was completely embarrased. I was eating slow, not eating a lot, was empty except for tea when I had gone to the restaurant, chewing well. Was only eating chicken. So I'm not sure what happenend but it was one of those incidents that I was barely making it to the bathroom.

Anyway, he was completely cool about it. He's also a paramedic so maybe he was just used to stuff like this. We walked around after lunch, got starbucks, and headed back home.

Golly, it's been a looong time since I've been on an actual date and it was awesome (minus throwing up). He's extremely hot and made me laugh the entire time we were out. He opened every door possible and even opened the car door for me. I felt like a giggly school girl but hid every part of that until I got home and called one of my girlfriends. :Banane20:

He asked to take me out again and for the finale, I got a good-bye kiss! :clap2::whoo:

(I carry a small tube of toothpaste and a bunch of gum so it was all good on the breath part.)

Have a great weekend everyone!

nvalicia - I do snack between meals, because I am still hungry quite often even with good restriction. I eat sunflower seeds, peanuts, and cheese mostly as Snacks.< /p>

FarmerE - Congrats - what a great NSV!

MISSY - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That is amazing!!

FARMER - OMG! You go girl!

Today was my 6 monthsanniversary... and it was also my moms College graduation! My mom, at the age of 50, is finally a college graduate! I'm so proud I could spit! Lol. She got her Associates of Applied Science, all she has to do is sit for her boards and she'll be an RN. I can't beleive she's passed me up in the Nursing department, Lol, but I'm so happy for her. She's wanted this for a long long time, but has put it off to make sure she was always there for us kids. :huggie:

OK, so I wil try to get some new pics taken tomorrow...

Way to go, FarmerE!!!! That's so awesome!

Stef, Spanx are the best invention ever -- they are basically tights that suck you in, but are still comfortable. They come in a gazillion different configurations -- shorts, footless, high waist, etc. You can get them at Nordstrom. They aren't cheap, but they are very well made and will last for a long time. They are also good because they stay put. If you have a problem with your thighs rubbing together, you can wear the shorts-style under a skirt and it's a life saver! And they won't ride up/roll up at the leg. The woman who started the company really did a lot of research and the final product is amazing. ;)

nvalicia -- I eat a few small meals a day. I have to or I am starving by dinner time. It's supposed to keep your metabolism, as well. I guess the question is, what are you eating? Are you exercising? Make sure to schedule your "meals" and limit the amount of food. For example, I might have a normal size (whatever that means, right?) lunch and dinner, but I eat a small Breakfast and a snack between lunch and dinner -- that snack might be 1oz of cheese and a few whole wheat crackers or an apple. I don't actually have a meal, per se.

Lucy, they sound great, actually. I'll have to check them out.

Way to go, Farmer!

I snack pretty much the same as MJ...nuts/seeds/dried fruit, fresh fruits and veggies, and cheese mostly. OH! And Kettle Corn! Love that stuff! I'm getting pretty good about eating throughout the entire day...feel like I eat non-stop at times. But it is really working, so I'll keep it up.

Well...the moment has arrived....I'm celebrating my 6 month bandivesary about 3 hours early!!!

I think I've done pretty well. The numbers on the scale aren't moving as fast...but the change in body size looks good!!!

post-211791-13813136057758_thumb.jpg

post-211791-13813136057819_thumb.jpg

post-211791-13813136057869_thumb.jpg

post-211791-13813136057929_thumb.jpg

L@@K at you, BigBaby! You can see a dramatic difference and you look GREAT!

When I snack I eat beef Jerky, Protein Bars or soy nuts. Nothing bad. I do exercise too. I haven't stopped losing I just seemed to have slowed down some. I guess I will worry about it when I actually stop losing.

BigBaby you are looking great! My bandiversary was December 1st so I will try to find some pictures to post.

nvalicia - how do you eat beef jerkey?!? I have trouble with steak unless it is SUPER tender. I love beef jerkey but I figured if I couldn't get steak down then I'd be crazy to try it.

Bigbaby!!!! You look great!!!! Your tummy rolls have disappeared!!! Woohoo!! ;)

Stef, nvalicia and wombat--thanks so much...you all know how to make a girl fill good!!!

Here's my NSV--last friday some friends and I went to the mall during lunch. Iwas wearing an 18W suite--and thought I'll try on a regular 18....IT FIT...but that's not the end--the saleslady said--you really need a 16--I tried it on---IT FIT!!!

SO SUNDAY, I DUG BACK IN THE CLOSET AND FOUND A SIZE 16 SUIT TO WEAR TO CHURCH----I LOOKED GOOD!!!! When I started this journey I was up to a size 22!!!!

BigBaby!! Thats amazing!! a size 16!! I'm so jealous!!

nvalicia - how do you eat beef jerkey?!? I have trouble with steak unless it is SUPER tender. I love beef jerkey but I figured if I couldn't get steak down then I'd be crazy to try it.

I ate some beef Jerky last night! I was amazed that it went down so easily... as long as I took small bites and chewed well! Its a good source of Protein, so I think I'll start eating more of it!

Thanks suzzie---I'm jealous of your exercise bug....I'm trying to exercise at least 3 times a week but it's a chore...You and Stef make it seem so enjoyable when you talk about it

UGH!!!!