Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite multi-vit post op? please share!

my surgery date is for early/mid June and my surgeon gave me the list of supplements that I will need post op. I was kind of surprised to see "Flintstones with Iron" listed as the multivitamin!

I guess I'm just thinking that with such specific nutritional requirements for supplementation, there would be something a little better, or a little more specific to bariatric needs?

Does anybody have any experiences or suggestions? I'm a nurse and i'm super paranoid about getting all of my requirements, doing everything I can for my bones, skin, hair and nails.

thanks!!

my surgery date is for early/mid June and my surgeon gave me the list of supplements that I will need post op. I was kind of surprised to see "Flintstones with Iron" listed as the multivitamin!

I guess I'm just thinking that with such specific nutritional requirements for supplementation, there would be something a little better, or a little more specific to bariatric needs?

Does anybody have any experiences or suggestions? I'm a nurse and i'm super paranoid about getting all of my requirements, doing everything I can for my bones, skin, hair and nails.

thanks!!

I do the Flintstone with Iron along with B 12 and Calcium.

I take Flintstones too. I bought a bunch of gummy vitamins, and they taste so bad they make me nauseated. I switched to Flintstones and had no problem. I'm 3 weeks out tomorrow!

I just noticed you said you're a nurse, me too :) just about to finish my FNP program. Crazy enough to have this surgery during my last semester! Ha

My doc recommended 2 Flintstones for the "rest of my life" B12 3x / wk, 1000 mg of calcium citrate and Vitamin D. I use Natures plus chewables Gold with vegetables and enzymes, vita fusion , and Natrol Biotin, and Gummy biotin by hair, skin and nails. My Calcium citrate I use Calcet lemon chews they are awesome (yummy) or the chocolate flavor. I use Probiotics and Miralax to help with Constipation.< /p>

well interesting! I guess i'm thinking TOO much and maybe flintstones are the gold standard!

jen- i'm about half way through my MSN for Clinical Nurse Leader track and taking spring/summer off to focus on my surgery and immediate post-op needs.

hopefully by fall semester i'll be ready to jump back in, and I have probably 6 semesters left. I have been trying to take only one class per semester but now in the 2nd half of the program, it automatically goes to 2 classes per semester...lots of work ahead but totally worth it! in my state, all of the NP programs have graduated to the DNP degree so it is automatically something like 78 credit hours. I figure i'll do this first and see how my career path unfolds before making any other decisions!

7 months out I've tried a bunch of them! I disliked the chewable's (bariatric) not because of taste I just got sick of them. Centrum chewable's are good but they have carbs in them. I've also had ultra mega from GNC. Right now I'm using Celebrate bariatric capsules and love them. I ordered them off celebrate website. They also send out free samples. Along with the multi I take Biotin, zinc, b-12, Vitamin D, and Calcium. However I don't take b-12 but only 3 days a week as per my doctor!

My doc said just take a good Multi-Vitamin, Calcium, and B-12 sub-lingual tablet. He was fine with the Sam's Club brand of multi-vitamins. So I've been taking them ever since surgery.

Count me in the Flintstones kids (with iron). I also take the sublingual B12 3x per week and Calcium at a different time to not counteract with the Iron. I crushed my BP pill for 4 Weeks, but now just split it to the size of an aspirin. Hopefully that one will soon go away.

I take the generic of flint stones because it's the same thing but 4 dollars cheaper!! Also B12 dissolves under the tongue, D3, calcium citrate chewables from GNC and Biotin chewables from GNC.

Bariatric Advantage is often recommended, but it makes a lot of people nauseated.

I use Trader Joe's High Potency chewable multi.

I also take D, High Potency B complex, B12 injections, Biotin, C, calcium citrate, Iron, Probiotics, and msm.

I'm a fan of Rainbow Light Just Once multi-Vitamin. I also take Calcium at night (also Rainbow Light), sublingual B12, Biotin and collagen.< /p>

Be well…

I also take the Trader Joe's High Potency chewables. I take a double dose, and like most here take additional Calcium, Iron, and B12. My labs have always been excellent. Trader Joe's is cheaper than just about any other chewable multi I have seen, plus it has fewer calories and carbs than most -- especially the bariatric Vitamins, which seem to have more calories and carbs than most other vitamins!