Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I won't miss...

I won't miss... -being out of breath from tying my shoes. -my chins. All of them. - under the boob sweat. (Classy...I know) -the indentations left in my skin from too tight jeans & socks. -lifting my stomach up to button my pants. -wearing black everyday. -granny panties -dreading hot weather...tanks, short sleeves, bathing suits, shorts. Ugh! -hiding behind others in pictures (ie...my profile pic!) -feeling like I want to just sleep all day. -the guilt after every meal. -walking like a 90 year old up & down the stairs. -fear of sex with the lights on. -my mother saying the words " Now you just need to stick with it!" ( Nails. Chalkboard.) -blood pressure medication -making excuses. -crying in fitting rooms -the disappointment I have in myself I'm sure there is more to add, but I needed to write it down so I can look at this when I'm in pain after surgery, or if I ever question my decision and remember exactly how I felt. I need to remember so I never ever re-visit this kind of lifestyle again. I deserve to treat myself better. I am done slowly digging my own grave. Like Garth Brooks says, "I'm much too young to feel this damn old!" Fingers crossed that I can schedule a surgery date at my visit tomorrow! I'm ready! Let's get this Protein party started!

I need to add another to the list...

I will not miss going to the "girl doctor" and being told to "strip from the waist & cover yourself with this paper cover"... And the paper cover doesn't "cover" all of you or wrap around you for that matter.

Happened today. Not my finest moment. It's definitely "list worthy".

I won't miss...

-being out of breath from tying my shoes.

-my chins. All of them.

- under the boob sweat. (Classy...I know)

-the indentations left in my skin from too tight jeans & socks.

-lifting my stomach up to button my pants.

-wearing black everyday.

-granny panties

-dreading hot weather...tanks, short sleeves, bathing suits, shorts. Ugh!

-hiding behind others in pictures (ie...my profile pic!)

-feeling like I want to just sleep all day.

-the guilt after every meal.

-walking like a 90 year old up & down the stairs.

-fear of sex with the lights on.

-my mother saying the words " Now you just need to stick with it!" ( Nails. Chalkboard.)

-blood pressure medication

-making excuses.

-crying in fitting rooms

-the disappointment I have in myself

I'm sure there is more to add, but I needed to write it down so I can look at this when I'm in pain after surgery, or if I ever question my decision and remember exactly how I felt. I need to remember so I never ever re-visit this kind of lifestyle again.

I deserve to treat myself better. I am done slowly digging my own grave.

Like Garth Brooks says, "I'm much too young to feel this damn old!"

Fingers crossed that I can schedule a surgery date at my visit tomorrow!

I'm ready! Let's get this Protein party started!

AMEN TO THAT! =)

I won't miss:

4X clothing

Seat belt extenders on planes

Having to sit next to my thinnest child on planes so I can spill over into his personal space

Having to stand at school open houses and parent teacher conferences because I don't fit in the student desks

Not being able to go to concerts and sporting events because I can't fit in the seats or can't stand foe extended periods of time

Not being able to join my family on biking and kayaking adventures

Not being able to keep up with my family on vacations to Disney World

For me ....

Wearing Black ALL THE TIME

Frustration that all I can wear are lycra pants because jeans etc don't fit

Feeling like the fattest person in every room, place ....

Feeling like people judge me when I eat

Not being able to wear a bra comfortably

Thighs rubbing

Not being able to cross my legs

Feeling ugly and fat

Wearing summer clothes

sweating all the time

Hate the thought of putting on my bathing suit

Being depressed because I gained all my weight back that I lost and kept off for 7 years!!!!!!!

What I love ....

That my hubby loves me regardless! ;)

My surgery is June 30 and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

For me .... Wearing Black ALL THE TIME Frustration that all I can wear are lycra pants because jeans etc don't fit Feeling like the fattest person in every room, place .... Feeling like people judge me when I eat Not being able to wear a bra comfortably Thighs rubbing Not being able to cross my legs Feeling ugly and fat Wearing summer clothes sweating all the time Hate the thought of putting on my bathing suit Being depressed because I gained all my weight back that I lost and kept off for 7 years!!!!!!! What I love .... That my hubby loves me regardless! ;) My surgery is June 30 and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Those damn summer clothes!!! My surgery is July 22, and I dread all the warm days leading up to that date because NOTHING in my closet fits.

I think probably the worst thing for me is that my job revolves around clothing. I am a store manager for Gap for the past 15 years. I can no longer fit into the sizes we carry in the store. I have to order the larger sizes online.

I hate purchasing or returning anything because whoever the cashier is can see the size I am buying.

Only 82 more days until I am "re-born"!

Great thread!

I won't miss the looks from others when I go to sit next to them in a plane, train, bus, etc. that look of how dare you tubby!

Thigh rubbage....ugh

Knee/hip pain

Running or walking fast and being so short of breath I feel like I'm going to vomit!

Plus size clothes

Sweatng

The constant thought and awareness of my weight

33 more days!!

I won't miss people seeing my size 2 sister and saying "you have the same mom AND the same dad?"

I won't miss having a closet crammed full of clothes I've outgrown.

I won't miss dreading any day over 80 degrees.

I am NOT going to miss just starting to feel good, seeing a change on the scale and feeling my clothes get looser, then catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror or window and realizing how much more needs to come off.

My surgery is going to be May 8th so very soon. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. But this thread is reminding of why I'm doing this....

I won't miss being the fat friend

Not being able to cross my legs

Sweating while trying on close

Expensive bras

Being afraid of the small airplane seats and the seatbelt

Not being able to wear a belt

Knee pain

Fear of intimacy.

Shopping in the plus size section

My stomach rolls

Hating myself in pictures

My mom saying you have done it before on your own why can't you do it again

People saying they don't think I need the surgery but they have no clue what it's like to be overweight literally your whole life.

Not feeling like the person I know I am meant to be but is hidden by a lot of weight

Back fat

Things I can't wait for....

Shopping at Victoria's Secret

Wearing single digit pant size

Being able to walk up stairs with no issue

Feeling lighter and healthier

Being able to sit on my fiancées lap and feeling confident that I won't crush him

Feeling beautiful in my upcoming wedding

Wear summer cloths and not feel disgusting in them.... Not have the shorts ride up in between my legs

For my legs to not rub together

Be able to paint my toes a lot easier

Walking to be enjoyable

Cute cloths

Actually looking forward to summer and winter for both the same reason, the cloths. Summer to be cooler and not afraid to show some skin and winter I might finally be able to wear a pretty sweater indoors and not want to strip naked cause I'm so hot haha

I'm ready for my life to change I'm ready to be the person I know have always been inside. I'm tired of trying to hide myself so maybe people won't think I'm fat. I'm over it my life is more important than food and so is my happiness. God bless you all.

Everything listed here hits the nail on the head. It baffles my mind as to how many of my inner thoughts and pains about being overweight are brought to light here.

It has taken me years to decide that this surgery is what I want to do for myself, and all these reasons listed here are compelling reasons for just why I need to do that.

My own personal thngs that I will not miss:

~being judged for what I eat or do not eat

~my bra fitting awkwardly and creating bulges under my clothes on my back

~belly rolls, muffin top, the "front butt" as so kindly dubbed by the cast of SNL

~having to run at night so no one will see me jiggle or see how out of breath I am

~not having my legs rub together and getting rashes and torn skin from the friction

~every time I go into the doctor, worrying about what my blood results will say--am I diabetic now? are my liver enzymes higher than last time?

~having sharp pains under my right rib cage being blamed on a fatty liver by doctors

~having to wear clothes that aren't quite my style on the principle that they fit and flatter

~uncomfortable shoes due to having wide and swollen feet.

~embarrassment over not being able to fit a seatbelt in the passenger seat of someone else's car

~no cute or flattering Halloween costumes or summerwear that I feel comfortable in

~avoiding clothes that cling to certain trouble-areas that I don't want want the world to see.

That's all I can think of at the moment. But that's a good motivater for me.

My surgery is going to be May 8th so very soon. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. But this thread is reminding of why I'm doing this.... I won't miss being the fat friend Not being able to cross my legs Sweating while trying on close Expensive bras Being afraid of the small airplane seats and the seatbelt Not being able to wear a belt Knee pain Fear of intimacy. Shopping in the plus size section My stomach rolls Hating myself in pictures My mom saying you have done it before on your own why can't you do it again People saying they don't think I need the surgery but they have no clue what it's like to be overweight literally your whole life. Not feeling like the person I know I am meant to be but is hidden by a lot of weight Back fat Things I can't wait for.... Shopping at Victoria's Secret Wearing single digit pant size Being able to walk up stairs with no issue Feeling lighter and healthier Being able to sit on my fiancées lap and feeling confident that I won't crush him Feeling beautiful in my upcoming wedding Wear summer cloths and not feel disgusting in them.... Not have the shorts ride up in between my legs For my legs to not rub together Be able to paint my toes a lot easier Walking to be enjoyable Cute cloths Actually looking forward to summer and winter for both the same reason, the cloths. Summer to be cooler and not afraid to show some skin and winter I might finally be able to wear a pretty sweater indoors and not want to strip naked cause I'm so hot haha I'm ready for my life to change I'm ready to be the person I know have always been inside. I'm tired of trying to hide myself so maybe people won't think I'm fat. I'm over it my life is more important than food and so is my happiness. God bless you all.

No matter what your weight....you will be beautiful at your wedding x

All the best for May 8th! Mine is may 20th, so not far behind you! :)

I forgot about Halloween! My friend is a size 14 and has to wear an x-large in them because they are made small. So, Halloween 2012 I went as Abby Lee Miller from Dance Moms, people loved it!

I have to say this is my favorite thread on the forum right now. I keep reading updates daily to remind me exactly why it's all worth it and to keep me focused and mindful that this is the most worthwhile commitment i will ever make. I really appreciate everyone sharing and being so candid.

Today's Thing I won't miss: paying other people to do stuff I could do if I were fit - Washing cars, mowing lawns, pool care, home repairs.