Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

Oh by the way, pics. The first one is April 6. The second one is may 10. Please excuse the laundry in the background

post-211496-0-12460000-1400197657_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]44387[/ATTACH]

post-211496-0-96749700-1400197677_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44388[/ATTACH]

post-211496-0-15431100-1400197705_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44389[/ATTACH]

I totally stopped losing weight. Apparently I'm not eating and drinking enough. Are you eating six times each day?

Me too!! I have been at a stall for like 3 days or so:/ Its getting to me:(

Amy, how much Protein are you getting each day and what sorts of things are you eating? I am so tired of shakes. But I am unable to get any real Protein numbers any other way. I totally a

Dislike yogurt and cottage cheese.

I am eating eggs (scrambled, hard boiled, egg salad), canned or package tuna, canned or packaged salmon, flaky white fish, hummus, 2% cheese sticks, Beans. All of this is on my plan starting week 4.

My practice is not focused on protein numbers at this point. Im not suppose to track them. I'm suppose to eat protein 3 times a day. I did ask the nutritionist and she said the amount if protein I need is basesd on my goal weight not current weight. I think my goal eventually is only 35g.

Oh by the way, pics. The first one is April 6. The second one is may 10. Please excuse the laundry in the background

Keep up the good work!! U can totally tell a difference in just 1 month!

Me too!! I have been at a stall for like 3 days or so:/ Its getting to me:(

Try a week. I can't drink that much Water.< /p>

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I don't know if it is between my ears or if anything can be done. I am 4 weeks out. I have formed such an aversion against sweet tasting things that even the thought make me have the dry heaves. I can't get my Proteins in with Protein Drink. I now all I want is ice Water. I still have poor energy level. I am trying to learn to read my body, but not sure when I am hungry. My husband says eat it anyway. I can't when I heave I don't stop and it feels like it comes from the bottom (of who knows where) I have lost about 30 lbs. Just let me know if anyone has had a similar problem. I know this could no be good.

I am struggling also with getting Protein and fluids down. I stay nauseated all the time. Sometimes when I eat something it soothes sometimes makes worse. I know I am dehydrated and keep trying to get fluids down . Never thought it would be this hard

I go to soft foods on Sunday from puree ( I have actually been kind of doing soft foods) I had a hard time with puree. food has to look appetizing. With the exception of mashed potatoes with gravy or soupy refried Beans with a little guacamole, I just chopped my food real fine and put it in a sauce. My biggest challenge is not eating a drinking at the same time. I am constantly thirsty and it seems like only SF popsicles satisfies my thirst. Other than that, I am great!

Eating & not drinking anything at the SMS time is one of my biggest challenges. Anytime I eat I get thirsty & waiting the 30 min after has been tough. I've taken a few sips with good but try not to

Why can't we drink and eat ?

Why can't we drink and eat ?

There's a great YouTube video that demonstrates why. The Fluid pushes the food through the pouch too fast causing you yo dump or feel hungry too soon. The video shows him put applesauce in a funnel. The applesauce drips slowly through but when he adds Water, the applesauce is kinda liquified and pours out fast.

Today is my six week anniversary. Including my liver diet, I have now lost 52 pounds. I didn't shift much at all between weeks 2 and 5, but last week I started to shift again. Had my first gym session today. Was good to have the energy and ability to maintain 30 mins of cardio. Started to drink Protein Shakes (impact whey) about two weeks ago because I was finding it hard to get the minimum 60g a day. Good for me because low calorie for the huge boost of Protein. Still finding it difficult to get all my liquids in. Any tips?

Try a week. I can't drink that much Water.< /p>

I'm getting up on a week and the scale teeters back and forth between 2 lbs, I loose it I gain it, loose it gain it....it's so frustrating. I am having the hardest time eating to where I could honestly care less about good, either it makes me nauseated or it's too filling or it goes down ok....I never know...

I'm getting up on a week and the scale teeters back and forth between 2 lbs, I loose it I gain it, loose it gain it....it's so frustrating. I am having the hardest time eating to where I could honestly care less about good, either it makes me nauseated or it's too filling or it goes down ok....I never know...

Are you counting your broth, SF Popsicles, and watered down juices (since they're half Water and half juice my NUT says they count)? Also SF Jello is water based. Don't know if they count but it seems they should.

I have tried to pick up my Protein intake, because I won't getting enough... But now I feel like I am eating ALLLLL THE TIME... Is this normal? I feel like I should only eat of I'm hungry. (Which is not much)

This was about a month preop and the other one was last night... 39 pounds down 75 to go!

post-209893-0-10719800-1400378062_thumb.jpg

post-209893-0-12733700-1400378076_thumb.jpg

This was about a month preop and the other one was last night... 39 pounds down 75 to go!

Congratulations!

I promised progression pics, but I guess I'm tech challenged through the site....can't figure it out. I'll post them when I crack this code :)