Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

Well im unsure weither or not i have posted but i will. Today makes 5weeks since ive had my gastric bypass. Must say that lastnight was a hard night but think its self inflected. I over did it will being active. So was in pain by the time. Went to bed. For the first time ever. My opperation went smoother then expected 2days and was home. Gas pains but nothing much. Cold Water wasnt my friend. Had struggles getting my drinks it. Now on sushy foods. Most are excited but my stomache seems to deny almost everything first time along. Im now sure how many inches but my face has shrank body has changed f2f own 23.5pounds in 1 month.

I can see a big difference. Congrats. What day was ur surgery? Mine was April 8th! U lol great, keep up the good work :)

@@MrsGloMartin I challenge you to keeping progression photos! I too hated the camera and just today my hubby reminded me that I said i'd chronicle this wl journey with progression photos and a journal. Come on....won't you join me. Let's remember where we were emotionally and physically and watch as our lives transform and hopefully be encouraging and motivational to others. LOL

you don't have to challenge me. I was trying to understand why you posted this and then I tried to view the photos I attached and I see that an error occurred in posting them. I'll try to resend them tomorrow I'm at work now. I'll post photos that show my progress as the weeks go by. I feel so good and I'm finally comfortable with taking a full body photo of me.

@Mywish. I also had my opperation on april 8th. So how are you doing.??? Thanx for the encouragement. It means alot to me. I dont talk to others about my medical. I dont want or need the negative comments .ope that ur doing as well as possible

Today makes 22 days post op. Not quiet a month yet and I see definite signs of weight loss. I can now fit comfortably in my size 22's with plenty of room. I do not like taking full body photos because I once did not like the image from the camera, a big fat swollen looking me. Havin WLS was the best thing I've ever done for myself. I'm able to walk two miles now without gettin winded and experiencing stabbing pain in my lower back and I'm also drinking the required amount of Protein every day. I feel that I am on my way to health and hapiness. My daughter's are so proud of me and my hubby does not say much he just smiles and beams with pride whenever he looks at me. Yes the road is still rough there are days when I am so tired that i have to force myself to exercise but I will persevere!!! Here are two pictures of me in december, 2013 sitting next to my slim, petite cousin, and a picture my hubby took of me today. I feel good and I know that there is a long road to travel before I reach my goal weight of 150lbs, but I am prepared to do this!!!

@@MrsGloMartin I challenge you to keeping progression photos! I too hated the camera and just today my hubby reminded me that I said i'd chronicle this wl journey with progression photos and a journal. Come on....won't you join me. Let's remember where we were emotionally and physically and watch as our lives transform and hopefully be encouraging and motivational to others. LOL

I started doing this too. I posted a pic of me today on instagram that I took this weekend. I try to journal daily even if it is just a blurb. I even took an underwear pic to have a true pic of where I started. Well almost, because I took that pic recently. I was too ashamed when I was 305.

I started doing this too. I posted a pic of me today on instagram that I took this weekend. I try to journal daily even if it is just a blurb. I even took an underwear pic to have a true pic of where I started. Well almost, because I took that pic recently. I was too ashamed when I was 305.

Come one come all @@MissTrish14!!!!!

Good for you! I felt the same way. Too ashamed at 298# but I'm going to start with photos and journal no layer than tomorrow.

Come one come all @@MissTrish14!!!!!

Good for you! I felt the same way. Too ashamed at 298# but I'm going to start with photos and journal no layer than tomorrow.

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I don't know if it is between my ears or if anything can be done. I am 4 weeks out. I have formed such an aversion against sweet tasting things that even the thought make me have the dry heaves. I can't get my Proteins in with Protein Drink. I now all I want is ice Water. I still have poor energy level. I am trying to learn to read my body, but not sure when I am hungry. My husband says eat it anyway. I can't when I heave I don't stop and it feels like it comes from the bottom (of who knows where) I have lost about 30 lbs. Just let me know if anyone has had a similar problem. I know this could no be good.

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I don't know if it is between my ears or if anything can be done. I am 4 weeks out. I have formed such an aversion against sweet tasting things that even the thought make me have the dry heaves. I can't get my Proteins in with Protein drink. I now all I want is ice Water. I still have poor energy level. I am trying to learn to read my body, but not sure when I am hungry. My husband says eat it anyway. I can't when I heave I don't stop and it feels like it comes from the bottom (of who knows where) I have lost about 30 lbs. Just let me know if anyone has had a similar problem. I know this could no be good.

I have a friend who had the same issue. She resorted to using Unjury chicken Soup and also the unflavored Protein Powder. She added the unflavored powder to Soups, broth, pudding, yogurt, etc

Okay, I hope this works this time (not technologically savvy, lol) here's a before pic when I was at my highest weight 305lbs, and here's a coule of pics I took on Mother's day. I can see a big difference and I'm so happy I made this descision.

post-208408-0-48730600-1400057968_thumb.jpg post-208408-0-14997300-1400058144_thumb.jpg

Well im unsure weither or not i have posted but i will. Today makes 5weeks since ive had my gastric bypass. Must say that lastnight was a hard night but think its self inflected. I over did it will being active. So was in pain by the time. Went to bed. For the first time ever. My opperation went smoother then expected 2days and was home. Gas pains but nothing much. Cold Water wasnt my friend. Had struggles getting my drinks it. Now on sushy foods. Most are excited but my stomache seems to deny almost everything first time along. Im now sure how many inches but my face has shrank body has changed f2f own 23.5pounds in 1 month.

I can see a big difference. Congrats. What day was ur surgery? Mine was April 8th! U lol great, keep up the good work :)

My surgery was April 22nd. I pray that things will get better for you as time goes on. We must remember that we had major surgery only a few weeks ago and it takes longer for our insides to heal than the outside. My stomach is still very sore and tender from the surgery and I still have to make myself drink all of the Protein and water required every day to stay healthy, but I constantly remind myself that this is a lifestyle change that will be very beneficial to me in the long run. You will endure just continue to follow your doctors plan and remind yourself of the reason you had to surgery, to get healthy B)

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I don't know if it is between my ears or if anything can be done. I am 4 weeks out. I have formed such an aversion against sweet tasting things that even the thought make me have the dry heaves. I can't get my Proteins in with Protein drink. I now all I want is ice Water. I still have poor energy level. I am trying to learn to read my body, but not sure when I am hungry. My husband says eat it anyway. I can't when I heave I don't stop and it feels like it comes from the bottom (of who knows where) I have lost about 30 lbs. Just let me know if anyone has had a similar problem. I know this could no be good.

Hi Sweetnell, I've experienced this too on several occassions and I realized that my tastebuds are going through a constant change. I still can't stand the taste of anything sweet and everything I drink must be ice cold. what I've done that really helps me is to put some straberries in my unfloavored protein powder with fat free milk or Lactaid (this is best for me), put in a few ice cubes and puree until smooth. Sometimes i prepare a large quantity of protien shakes in this manner and freeze them. When I am ready to have it I either take it out of the freezer and let it slowly defrost and use a spoon to eat it like ice cream ot water ice, or i'll drink it as soon as I puree it. It goes down much easier and there's no super sweetness. Plus it's better for me because I use healthy ingredients. Try it if you wish, as we all have learned from reading one another's posts; everything does not work for everyone therefore, we must experiment with the suggestions until we find something that works for us. I pray that you will begin to feel better real soon, God bless.

@Mywish. I also had my opperation on april 8th. So how are you doing.??? Thanx for the encouragement. It means alot to me. I dont talk to others about my medical. I dont want or need the negative comments .ope that ur doing as well as possible

I've been feeling great! Was off my pain meds about 5 days after surgery, no nausea since I left the hospital. Everything I've ate has went down soo smoothly. I've had a couple incidents where I either ate too fast or didn't chew the good good enough & felt that uncomfortable feeling in my chest, but other then that I'm doing great. No regrets! I'm down 30 lbs at 5 weeks & dropped 1 jean size & now the size I'm in are starting to feel a little loose which is great. I hope everything's going well with u too :))

Okay, I hope this works this time (not technologically savvy, lol) here's a before pic when I was at my highest weight 305lbs, and here's a coule of pics I took on Mother's day. I can see a big difference and I'm so happy I made this descision.

I can tell a big difference. U look great, keep up the great work. :)

MrsGloMartin,

You rock!!! You look incredible!!! Good job!

You look amazing!!!! Get it girl!