Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support

Just wanted to let you all know I am praying for us all to recover and find just the right things that work for our bodies. Dont be discouraged there will be some trial and error. The things I read here help me tremendously because it lets me know im not alone in some of my struggles. I feel fortunate to be feeling just about like myself at 8 days post op. My Fluid intake fluctuates but I try to make sure I watch it. I have been off pain meds since day 4. No vomiting but have had several rounds with the dreaded dumping. Currently im just ready to move to the next stage of purees. I really have a craving for vegetable. They could keep the meat but oh my goodness I need vegetables.

I have not lost anything in three days. I had been losing a crazy 1 pound a day with pre-op and post op diet. But when I started adding my 2 ounces of non Protein liquid three times a day I stopped losing. I know its nothing to be worried about and the weight will come off. Its just that seeing that weight falling off was helping me to accept that I can't eat.

Today I didn't exercise for the first time in 19 days and I started getting a little frustrated that I can't eat whatever the heck I want to eat. So this slow down in the weight loss has affected my mood and attitude a bit. lol

I know its only temporary so thats what i'm telling myself for now.

I am 7 days post op & I am struggling with Protein too. I can't find a shake that I like. I am not a big fan of chocolate. Has anyone ever just ate Greek yogurt in place of the shakes? I would think as long as I am getting the protein in then that is all that matters. The hospital where I did my surgery has a very strict program & they do not allow exceptions. But it's my body & I think I am intelligent enough to make revisions if they work for me. Protein Shake has 30 grams of protein & Greek yogurt has 16 grams so if I eat 2 yogurts during the day as Snacks I would be getting 36 grams plus what I get from my 3 meals.

I am 7 days post op & I am struggling with Protein too. I can't find a shake that I like. I am not a big fan of chocolate. Has anyone ever just ate Greek yogurt in place of the shakes? I would think as long as I am getting the protein in then that is all that matters. The hospital where I did my surgery has a very strict program & they do not allow exceptions. But it's my body & I think I am intelligent enough to make revisions if they work for me. Protein Shake has 30 grams of protein & Greek yogurt has 16 grams so if I eat 2 yogurts during the day as Snacks I would be getting 36 grams plus what I get from my 3 meals.

My plan has us use Greek yogurt and 1/4 c skim milk as a protein shake. So I think it would be just fine

So apparently I'm dehydrated because I started pureed and have only been sipping Water. My BP dropped again to 89/50. The doctor says water won't do because we need salt. He's making me sip broth the rest of the day. If my BP isn't up tomorrow then I have to go in for an infusion.

He oil everyone, I went in for my post op visit with my doctor and he have me a good report I lost 4lbs since I saw him last week to have the drain removed. My only problem is extremely low blood pressure. I see my PCP tomorrow morning and I'm on the cancellation list for my cardiologist. My bp today was 62/59 very, very low for me. I'll probably be taken off on all bp meds overtime because I've been on them since 1985 I'll have to be weaned off of them carefully. I take four different bp meds plus cholesterol meds. It will be a good feeling to find that I no longer need all of these meds and I'm asking you all to pray for me as I continue on my journey to regain my health. God bless you all.

He oil everyone, I went in for my post op visit with my doctor and he have me a good report I lost 4lbs since I saw him last week to have the drain removed. My only problem is extremely low blood pressure. I see my PCP tomorrow morning and I'm on the cancellation list for my cardiologist. My bp today was 62/59 very, very low for me. I'll probably be taken off on all bp meds overtime because I've been on them since 1985 I'll have to be weaned off of them carefully. I take four different bp meds plus cholesterol meds. It will be a good feeling to find that I no longer need all of these meds and I'm asking you all to pray for me as I continue on my journey to regain my health. God bless you all.

Good luck and positive energies sent your way. This is such an exciting journey!

Awesome report! Sip some broth with me.

So apparently I'm dehydrated because I started pureed and have only been sipping Water. My BP dropped again to 89/50. The doctor says water won't do because we need salt. He's making me sip broth the rest of the day. If my BP isn't up tomorrow then I have to go in for an infusion.

Sorry to hear that. Hope the broth helps you get back to normal.

I have not lost anything in three days. I had been losing a crazy 1 pound a day with pre-op and post op diet. But when I started adding my 2 ounces of non Protein liquid three times a day I stopped losing. I know its nothing to be worried about and the weight will come off. Its just that seeing that weight falling off was helping me to accept that I can't eat.

Today I didn't exercise for the first time in 19 days and I started getting a little frustrated that I can't eat whatever the heck I want to eat. So this slow down in the weight loss has affected my mood and attitude a bit. lol

I know its only temporary so thats what i'm telling myself for now.

you are probably dehydrated and the extra Fluid is what your body need it Will pick back up (the weight loss) I stalled for 4 days

Edited by MissTrish14

we are on this journey together lady. Congratulations on your good report from the doctor. Please keep a close eye on your blood pressure. I am so happy for you!

I will be praying for you! I understand the BP issue. I have been on BP meds since 1999 after I started having children. I am hoping to be removed from them too. It is a roller last when they change the meds at least it makes me tired. I too am thinking mine is too strong and will have to wait to see him to make the change or send me to the Dr. I hope you get off all the meds and as they remove you, your body transitions smoothly.

Good luck and positive energies sent your way. This is such an exciting journey!

Thank you so much!! I'm sending this positive vibe right back to you, have a wonderful day!!

I will be praying for you! I understand the BP issue. I have been on BP meds since 1999 after I started having children. I am hoping to be removed from them too. It is a roller last when they change the meds at least it makes me tired. I too am thinking mine is too strong and will have to wait to see him to make the change or send me to the Dr. I hope you get off all the meds and as they remove you, your body transitions smoothly.

Thanks for your kind words!!! I can definitely relate to you because I began having issues with hbp after I had my oldest daughter. After being on the meds to control it for so long we must be carefully weaned off of it because our doctors must see our pressure consistently low over a period of time. When I was healthy I only needed a low dose of meds to control it but over the years as weight gain and stress became an issue I needed more meds at higher doses just to keep it at 130/80. I know I will have to see both my PCP and cardiologist so they can work in tandem and make the right decision for me. I pray that we all will reap the benefits of our decisions to have WLS and live healthier lives. I'm praying for you too, God bless.

Awesome report! Sip some broth with me.

Lol, I actually had broth and Jello last night I wasn't hungry but needed something on my stomach. How are you feeling today? I pray that things will get better for you as the days go on. You're a soldier, you've motivated me to focus on what's important and stop complaining about the small stuff. god's Blessing to you always is my prayer, Amen.