Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do u ever wonder how people here eat such a perfect diet - all the time?

Seems like about 75% of people who post here are perfect. They eat 60gms of Protein, veggies and barely any carbs at all. They drink the allotment of Water, they exercise 60 mins a day 6x a week. They never, ever eat pizza, burgers, sandwiches, or tacos. All they eat is grilled fish, grilled chicken, and maybe an occasional steak (when they're being BAD).

They count all carbs, calories, and fat grams. They measure and weight everything. chocolate shall never pass their lips. They comment on the reason that ur in a stall is becuz ur not being "perfect" and counting everything. Maybe u ate 4 oz of fish when u should have only had 3 oz.

If everyone here is so perfect and no one ever eats "junk", then why did they need wls in the first place? If they were so proficient in weighing, measuring, and counting, why have major surgery to limit their amount of intake? They judge those who eat an occasional piece of pizza, saying they will always be fat if they continue on the path of gluttony.

I have now lost almost 100 lbs, wth 11 to go to goal. I have not counted, measured, or weighed anything. I use my over $20,000 tool to guide my eating, telling me when I've had enuf. I've heard that I will never be able to keep it off, eating whatever I want, not "dieting" forever. I had wls so I'd never have to diet again. I wouldn't have had major surgery if I wanted to continue dieting. Now don't get me wrong. I don't eat unlimted amounts of burgers, tacos, pizza, and Cookies. I eat very little. The beauty of the point of my $20,000 tool.

So those of u who eat perfectly, exercise all the time, and have all the answers: kudos to u. A lot of work and ucomfortableness to not use ur pricey tool. I write this while eating 6 (yes, 6 WHOLE eggs) white chocolate Cadbury mini eggs. Gasp. If I do (occasionally) count my calories it's always under 1,000. I mean how many calories can u eat by listening to ur egg size tummy?

Now, if someday I start gaining because of my "irresponsibility" then I may start counting calories or weighing my food. But until then, I think I will trust my tiny tummy to tell me when I've had enuf.

Anyone else tired of perfect people?

Kudos to you for that major weight loss. That is quite an accomplishment. I don't recall anyone on this forum judging anyone for what they have eaten or not eaten. I don't really believe there are any perfect people on this forum as we're all human and prone to make errors on a daily basis. Each one of us approaches our weight loss struggles in our own unique and individual ways. Most of the posts on here are just asking for support and clarification on diet delimmas. We can't fault people for that now can we? Some people can lose weight without ever weighing and counting or measuring and I'm happy for them but not all people can do it that way. Those of us that have to measure and count do so because that is what works for us. Many of us that had the Gastric Sleeve surgery didn't have problems losing weight in the past. Our problem was that we would gain as soon as we got off the diet which caused the yoyo problems of bad health. We're not dieting, we just changed our food lifestyle and this is our new normal. We too are using our expensive tool to keep us on track. Because we choose to do it differently does not make us wrong. In fact, the medical community encourages our methods over the one you have chosen. Either way, I wish you much luck and continued success.

Why are you upset that people choose to live differently than you???

That's a big rant over others eating healthy. ???

Why are you upset that people choose to live differently than you???

That's a big rant over others eating healthy. ???

Agree

So you are upset with "perfect" eaters judging what others eat and you are judging the perfect eaters. Right....got it.

Seems like about 75% of people who post here are perfect. They eat 60gms of Protein, veggies and barely any carbs at all. They drink the allotment of Water, they exercise 60 mins a day 6x a week. They never, ever eat pizza, burgers, sandwiches, or tacos. All they eat is grilled fish, grilled chicken, and maybe an occasional steak (when they're being BAD). They count all carbs, calories, and fat grams. They measure and weight everything. chocolate shall never pass their lips. They comment on the reason that ur in a stall is becuz ur not being "perfect" and counting everything. Maybe u ate 4 oz of fish when u should have only had 3 oz. If everyone here is so perfect and no one ever eats "junk", then why did they need wls in the first place? If they were so proficient in weighing, measuring, and counting, why have major surgery to limit their amount of intake? They judge those who eat an occasional piece of pizza, saying they will always be fat if they continue on the path of gluttony. I have now lost almost 100 lbs, wth 11 to go to goal. I have not counted, measured, or weighed anything. I use my over $20,000 tool to guide my eating, telling me when I've had enuf. I've heard that I will never be able to keep it off, eating whatever I want, not "dieting" forever. I had wls so I'd never have to diet again. I wouldn't have had major surgery if I wanted to continue dieting. Now don't get me wrong. I don't eat unlimted amounts of burgers, tacos, pizza, and Cookies. I eat very little. The beauty of the point of my $20,000 tool. So those of u who eat perfectly, exercise all the time, and have all the answers: kudos to u. A lot of work and ucomfortableness to not use ur pricey tool. I write this while eating 6 (yes, 6 WHOLE eggs) white chocolate Cadbury mini eggs. Gasp. If I do (occasionally) count my calories it's always under 1,000. I mean how many calories can u eat by listening to ur egg size tummy? Now, if someday I start gaining because of my "irresponsibility" then I may start counting calories or weighing my food. But until then, I think I will trust my tiny tummy to tell me when I've had enuf. Anyone else tired of perfect people?

If the surgery were enough, no one would ever gain their weight back. But many do. It is very possible to stretch your pouch or sleeve, it is very possible to graze all day, to eat too many slider foods.

I hope your strategy works for you but obviously it doesn't work for a lot of people who end up gaining their weight back.

I don't think people are trying to be perfect, they are trying to be healthy, to get past food addiction, to be sure they take advantage of the honeymoon period, and be sure they get in enough Protein and liquid every day.

I would hope that you discussed your mindset with your nutritionist and your surgeon when you were pre op?

Agree

By the way that was agree with Mrs rrn.

Seems like about 75% of people who post here are perfect. They eat 60gms of Protein, veggies and barely any carbs at all. They drink the allotment of Water, they exercise 60 mins a day 6x a week. They never, ever eat pizza, burgers, sandwiches, or tacos. All they eat is grilled fish, grilled chicken, and maybe an occasional steak (when they're being BAD). They count all carbs, calories, and fat grams. They measure and weight everything. chocolate shall never pass their lips. They comment on the reason that ur in a stall is becuz ur not being "perfect" and counting everything. Maybe u ate 4 oz of fish when u should have only had 3 oz. If everyone here is so perfect and no one ever eats "junk", then why did they need wls in the first place? If they were so proficient in weighing, measuring, and counting, why have major surgery to limit their amount of intake? They judge those who eat an occasional piece of pizza, saying they will always be fat if they continue on the path of gluttony. I have now lost almost 100 lbs, wth 11 to go to goal. I have not counted, measured, or weighed anything. I use my over $20,000 tool to guide my eating, telling me when I've had enuf. I've heard that I will never be able to keep it off, eating whatever I want, not "dieting" forever. I had wls so I'd never have to diet again. I wouldn't have had major surgery if I wanted to continue dieting. Now don't get me wrong. I don't eat unlimted amounts of burgers, tacos, pizza, and Cookies. I eat very little. The beauty of the point of my $20,000 tool. So those of u who eat perfectly, exercise all the time, and have all the answers: kudos to u. A lot of work and ucomfortableness to not use ur pricey tool. I write this while eating 6 (yes, 6 WHOLE eggs) white chocolate Cadbury mini eggs. Gasp. If I do (occasionally) count my calories it's always under 1,000. I mean how many calories can u eat by listening to ur egg size tummy? Now, if someday I start gaining because of my "irresponsibility" then I may start counting calories or weighing my food. But until then, I think I will trust my tiny tummy to tell me when I've had enuf. Anyone else tired of perfect people?

It's good to hear that there are people out there who haven't turned into healthy machines in order to lose a significant amount of weight. I know I could never be that extreme and often fear I would fail because of it.

Personally, I strive to be one of those perfect eaters. I'm only 5 weeks out so it's all still new to me. I know I won't be perfect but that's my goal. My thinking is what I've done up to this point in my life isn't working. I didn't put my body through these drastic measures to keep abusing it. For me it's important to be accountable and aware of what I'm eating so I faithfully log everything, that's what works for me. I certainly don't pass judgement on others, but I'm certainly going to try my hardest to stay away from those trigger foods, I've had enough of that junk to last a lifetime.

Edited by jujubslim

i eat dark chocolate!! every day!!

i ate a clean whole foods diet before my surgery. the major changes i made were portion size, (of course) no Pasta (i cant tolerate it), not more than 2 tbsp rice, way less sweets, fruit and raw veggies (cant tolerate). less coffee and wayyyyyy more tea. am i perfect? nope! did i ever want to be? nope. i went out for ice cream the other day with my family. i ate 1/2 of a kiddie cup. it was exactly want i wanted to be able to eat. so, maybe i am perfect. ;) the next day we had a birthday celebration and had BBQ. i did 2 pork ribs, a few bites of mac and cheese and corn bread. yum. again, perfect, for me.

do i always get in all my Protein? nope. all my Water? nope. do i count coffee as a Fluid? yup.

for the people who are able to do it better, more power to them! i Celebrate their control and good choices. i am happy, for the most part, with my choices too. i didnt go through surgery to use my stomach as a garbage can. nope. it was a life altering experience and i have gratitude every day for my second chance in life and i do not plan to waste that by making crappy choices. nope, i am not perfect, but i am making a hell of an effort!

Edited by moonlitestarbrite

I think I'll just sit here with my cup of tea and watch the fireworks. Been a while since we've had such a good stirring of the pot :P

I, for one, am offended at the fact that you seem to be dissing those of us that are simply trying to stick to the plan we signed up for. Getting in all of our Water, Protein, exercise, etc is NOT a bad thing. Every single one of us got the sleeve in order to change our lives. I guess some of us just take it more seriously than others. Don't look down on the ones that are doing well and following through just because you can't or haven't been able to. This surgery is supposed to be a life changing event, not a... well I can still do everything I did before just in smaller doses event. I hope you figure that out before you ruin any success you've had so far.

Hello, it sounds like there is a bit of guilt in this message. I am not yet sleeved and I am awaiting surgery but the tone of your message sounds like I feel when I over indulge in my food choices and then feel bad about it. Don't beat yourself up, if you have eaten things that are not necessarily on the program that's okay. It is a hard road to travel and I don't think people are trying to be perfect, nor do I think that anyone expects you to be. The bottom line is that everyone here is trying. Everyone doesn't gain weight the same way or lose it the same. I have found this site to be very supportive. When I am on the losers bench I will be one of those to try to stick to healthy options because like you "sound", I am an emotional eater. I had regular therapy sessions to help me realize that I can have fun and enjoy life without everything being a reason to eat. I can be sad, angry without stuffing something in my mouth. Until the mental part is conquered and we figure out why "food" has been so important to us, no tool will be enough to help us conquer the addiction, we must first address the mental root. If your choices are working for you then Kudos! But if you are struggling and afraid that you are seeing familiar habits reach out for support. That's what the Forum is for. But don't be so judgmental of the folks who are making a life style change, everyone is different but I believe that we all support each other. Good luck to you on your continued success.

I wish I could handle the strategy you have used. Several of the people in my support group have successfully used the same strategy. Unfortunately as a food addict, I can not trust myself to rely on moderation. My tool isn't enough.

I am not perfect, but I do need to track consistently and continually keep my diet in mind.

I say whatever works for you is great!

I did not see the OP as being judgemental or looking down on anyone. She wrote her feelings and her ability to lose weight while eating less. Not perfectly healthy, less. That is why I got this surgery as well. I do not plan on eating salads for the rest of my life, my problem was I could not recognize when I had eaten enough. I was not grazer, I was a binger with no off button. This surgery is my off button and I will eat what I have always eaten now that the button works.

Thank you for your post, everyone is entitled to share their thoughts and experiences.

Edited by BeeLee37