Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody from mandurah in WA?

Bus open would have been perfect! The spasms are horrible, but thankfully are easing up today.

I look forward to keeping in touch with both you and yummy mummy to see how we all go!

I have finally lost weight! I'm convinced that it was all the swelling. I had a really weird experience this morning like I couldn't swallow my saliva cause my stomach was full. I won't go into the gory details but eventually felt better. Hadn't really expected nausea this far out from surgery.

How are you guys going? Are you experiencing any pain when you swallow? I have to really be careful to take tiny sips. I was chatting to my youngest son last night and took a swig from my water bottle. The pain was really bad.

Lol...I just read my post....'bus open'? I meant buscopan! Stupid auto check :)

I am still getting nausea, but it is easing. I am taking maxalon when I need it and it works fine.

I wasnt focusing on my shake this morning ( was paying bills and drinking the shake at the same time) and took a big swig of drink...ouch!! Painful! It was a not so gentle reminder to take it slow.

I some times have the feeling that something is stuck in my chest. I just sit up straight and take in some really deep breathes and I goes away.

I'm so happy you have lost weight. To go through all this and to not see those scales move would be heart breaking. You go girl :)

Yup, I used to get that 'stuck in my throat' sensation, you just need to eat slower maybe and smaller spoonfuls. I still sometimes struggle with that but it's getting a bit easier:)

Gesined and Yummymummy. I'm so glad u guys are doing well! Do you have much visible bruising? I have the most horrendous bruising around the wound sites but I have lots of small bruises on my arms and torso etc.

My drip fell out three times, so have big bruises where they tried to resight it each time. I also have bruising on my wrist and going up in to my palm from a catheter they put in whilst under anaesthetic, one on my chest from god knows what,multiple little bruises all over my tummy from the heparin injections plus the bruising from the wounds!

Like you, I look like I've been through a war.

I also had a blood nose when I woke up in the recovery room.

They are all turning a lovely green colour at the moment.

Ok, I'm officially pissed off.

I've stalled at 2 weeks out. I've lost a totally of 8kgs, and it's all come to a screaming holt! Over the last three days the scales haven't moved. It's very frustrating as I am eating under 700 calories a day and getting all my Water in and also walking everyday.

Is a stall normal at this stage?

Yes - totally normal. I have heard a lot of people talking about stalling 3 weeks out from the op. I have the theory - which has absolutely no medical basis what so ever! I think your body suddenly realises that is isn't going to get any more calories per day so this is it's last ditch effort to hold onto weight. It can't hold on forever so the weight will start to move again so don't get discouraged and make sure you keep your Protein and fluids up and eat your small amounts regularly. As for the bruising after the op - it is the blood thinners they give you in hospital to stop clotting that gives you the really bad bruising.

Edited by sueoco

Yes - totally normal. I have heard a lot of people talking about stalling 3 weeks out from the op. I have the theory - which has abosolutley no Mexicans basis what so ever! I think your body suddenly realises that is isn't going to get any more calories per day so this is it's last ditch effort to hold onto weight. I t can't hold on forever so the weight will start to move again so don't get discouraged and make sure you keep your Protein and fluids up and eat your small amounts regularly. As for the bruising after the op - it is the blood thinners they give you in hospital to stop clotting that gives you the really bad bruising.

Trust my body to want to hold on to this weight! What you say makes perfect sense......however, it doesn't make it easier to deal with, nor does it stop the deflated feeling. I feel like I have gone through all this, only to have lost 8 kg's. I know the weight HAS to start moving in a down ward spiral again....how could it not when I am eating so much less? The hard bit is staying up beat and positive.

Many thanks for your response and helping me stay focused.

Yes - totally normal. I have heard a lot of people talking about stalling 3 weeks out from the op. I have the theory - which has abosolutley no Mexicans basis what so ever! I think your body suddenly realises that is isn't going to get any more calories per day so this is it's last ditch effort to hold onto weight. I t can't hold on forever so the weight will start to move again so don't get discouraged and make sure you keep your Protein and fluids up and eat your small amounts regularly. As for the bruising after the op - it is the blood thinners they give you in hospital to stop clotting that gives you the really bad bruising.

Trust my body to want to hold on to this weight! What you say makes perfect sense......however, it doesn't make it easier to deal with, nor does it stop the deflated feeling. I feel like I have gone through all this, only to have lost 8 kg's. I know the weight HAS to start moving in a down ward spiral again....how could it not when I am eating so much less? The hard bit is staying up beat and positive.

Many thanks for your response and helping me stay focused.

Our bodies are weird at times I breast fed and put on weight! I haven't lost any for a couple of days either but a few days ago I lost 2 kgs In one day. Try and eat 100 to 200 calories more for a couple of days. You're body will get the message that it's not starving and it will stop trying to store fat. I read many years ago that it isn't good to eAt the same number of calories everyday because your metabolism just compensates. So if you want to average at 700 calories have 600 one day and 800 the next. You have done really wel so far. Try not to feel too discouraged!

Cheers Oz.....will try and increase the calories today. I must admit I didn't get too many calories in yesterday, in the hop of losing some weight today. I will eat a bit more and see what happens.

Sorry for taking so long to respond G. I wholeheartedly agree with what Ozikiwi said. My dietician actually said any less than 1000 calories per day makes your body think you are in starvation mode and it starts to store fat. You need to up your calories if you want to lose more weight. I lost 15kgs in the first few weeks on a 1100 calorie per day diet. So you may find upping your calories may help you too:)

Sorry for taking so long to respond G. I wholeheartedly agree with what Ozikiwi said. My dietician actually said any less than 1000 calories per day makes your body think you are in starvation mode and it starts to store fat. You need to up your calories if you want to lose more weight. I lost 15kgs in the first few weeks on a 1100 calorie per day diet. So you may find upping your calories may help you too:)

My NUT said calories don't matter ( I'm six weeks out, 500 cal a day and down 45 pounds) she said to focus on Protein, low cabs and Water. I too had a stall at week 3.

Cheers YummyMummy.

I did up my calories over the last couple of days, and the scales moved 0.5 downwards this morning.

I will keep going along these lines and see how I go.

I figure the weight must shift eventually, even if it is slow. I am eating heaps less than what I used to, so it's just a matter of me learning to be patient.

Thanks heaps

I am not Mandurah, but Seattle WA - My surgery is June 12 so next Thursday. I am open to be buddies and good luck on your surgery. Who is your doctor?