Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant w/ raging infection :-/ (DON'T GO TO MEXICO!)

Nataliesmom, I hope you're feeling better, and I'm sorry you are going through this.

For what it's worth, I used Dr. Ortiz in Mexico,and when I developed problems, he spent hours on the phone w/me and my docs here. I had arranged aftercare here, and when my bandbecame totally closed up I was able to have that taken care of here. I cannot stress the importance of having aftercare in the US in place before banding, unless one is lucky to live very close to Mexico!

Now that I have to have my band removed, I was lucky to find a doc in NY who feels that no matter where a person was banded, if they need medical care, he will see them.

Nataliesmom, the most important thing is your health and that of your precious little baby. I wish you all the best and a VERY HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Karen

Bravo! I appreciate your intelligent reply. Have you any info on Dr Alexander Quiroz in TJ/ He works with Dr Owens in the US. So my follow-up will be with the US Dr., close to home. Dr. Owens is one of the pioneers in this type of surgery from what I have read and works closely with Dr. Quiroz. Any feedback? thanks!

Sorry about your troubles!

FYI my dad had foot surgery in the US last summer, he got a terrible infection (not a staph but can't remember name) that has virtually disabled him since. He had to retire and is on home IVs for several hrs a day! Unfortunately with the way the antibiotic use is these days, it is becoming more and more common everywhere.

WASaBubble Butt - do you have some control issues.... Do you always have to be right?? Do you have to pick everything apart - I am new to this board and my gosh - afraird to post anything cuz you will cut it up into 20 million pieces and devoure me whole.... (and yes i can't spell) Nat'sMommy was generalizing which i understood - I won't go to a Doctor in Mexico or out of my area due to the after care situation period - if i had a problem i want it to be taken care of locally I don't want to have to travel for 5 hrs to get to the Doctor.... I am just curising these boards as I want to get banded. but want to see what's out there and what to expect - i don't expect to be trashed or every little word taken as black & white - Take a chill pill.

WASaBubble Butt - do you have some control issues.... Do you always have to be right?? Do you have to pick everything apart - I am new to this board and my gosh - afraird to post anything cuz you will cut it up into 20 million pieces and devoure me whole.... (and yes i can't spell) Nat'sMommy was generalizing which i understood - I won't go to a Doctor in Mexico or out of my area due to the after care situation period - if i had a problem i want it to be taken care of locally I don't want to have to travel for 5 hrs to get to the Doctor.... I am just curising these boards as I want to get banded. but want to see what's out there and what to expect - i don't expect to be trashed or every little word taken as black & white - Take a chill pill.

What do control issues have to do with trashing an entire country because of one bad doctor? The original poster agreed, why don't you?

WASaBubble Butt - do you have some control issues.... Do you always have to be right??

:funnypost::eek:

Welcome, IndioGirl55. Hope we can provide good information for you here. Not everyone will tear you apart ;-)

:funnypost::eek:

Welcome, IndioGirl55. Hope we can provide good information for you here. Not everyone will tear you apart ;-)

Thanks gadgetlady:p

Wasabubblebutt - doesn't eat food any longer she eats people:nervous

I was looking around to see what's up with banding as it seems less invasive than RNY - but so far I don't know.. Seems like you have slippage, things going wrong with your esaphogus, etc... Do you feel the band around your stomach??

I was looking around to see what's up with banding as it seems less invasive than RNY - but so far I don't know.. Seems like you have slippage, things going wrong with your esaphogus, etc... Do you feel the band around your stomach??

LOL!

You don't typically feel it "around your stomach" in the sense that you know it's there 24/7. You feel it when you overeat, eat too fast, or eat the wrong things. We call it restriction. It kind of feels like you ate something too big and it won't go down to your stomach. It's uncomfortable (sometimes painful but you learn to control it so it doesn't get to that point), but it's basically a tool that, when properly used, requires you to stop eating. When you have restriction and your pouch is full, you just plain can't eat any more. So you have to eat slowly, chew well, and choose your meals carefully -- all of which lends itself to weight loss when properly done (if you drink milkshakes all day they don't get "stuck" in your pouch and you defeat the purpose).

The band is much less invasive than gastric bypass, is easier to reverse, and has fewer complications. GB has lifelong Vitamin deficiency issues and dumping issues that the band does not.

HTH!

I'm sorry, is that supposed to be funny or supportive? One of the basic rules here is that you don't attack the person, you attack the idea. Not all of us think that you attacking and ridiculing someone is funny.

I'm sorry, is that supposed to be funny or supportive? One of the basic rules here is that you don't attack the person, you attack the idea. Not all of us think that you attacking and ridiculing someone is funny.

Indiogirl just joined this month and has a grand total of four posts. She acts as though she has been here much longer. I suspect she has. :eek: I have a hunch this is an ID with an agenda.

Indiogirl...

Funny you should come over here from OH... isn't that your stomping grounds?

I'll give you credit, it took me a bit to figure it out, but now I know. You sign up today just to come over here and bash me. Funny how the timing works on that one.

You should know, the drama and BS from OH don't work over here. But I have a hunch you'll discover this in no time.

HEY! WE AGREE!!! :)

Even the best of docs are going to have complications w/their patients. It is a lie to say otherwise. People react to drugs, they mistakenly infect their own wounds since they might not know how to take care of a wound, docs DO screw up, even the best docs. Sometimes it is the doc's fault, sometimes it is the patient's fault, and sometimes crap just happens.

OK wasabubble...I am confused now. I have read this entire thread and you have been preaching how you were NOT lucky, that you simply did your research. But then you admit that even after doing research that "the best of docs are going to have complications w/their patients"....and you don't call the fact that you didn't have any complications luck (I am assuming you had the "best of docs")

Peace Out,

T~:hippie:

I think that it would be obvious that sometimes, pardon my French, shit happens. You just have a better chance of avoiding the cow-patties if you research your surgeon beforehand. Yes, you could have complications with any surgeon. But some surgeons DO have higher rates of complications than others.