Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Desiree try an enema or dulcolax for ur poop issues. Trust me we share everything here, TMI is nonexistance lol.

I was hoping we could do a checkin regarding what a typical day looks like with eating 5 weeks out. Some people have mentioned struggling to find options to eat or growing bored with the same options day after day. My eating is pretty boring. I have elected to stay away from frozen or processed meals. I also don't eat bread, crackers, oatmeal or any simple carbohydrates. I also avoid eating a lot of fruit for the same reason. I wont lie though - the rebel in me wanted to know what a slider food was. I ate 1/2 a bagel with cream cheese a week ago and the thing went right through me! Ive been sticking to Protein foods ever since. My stomach seems to be made of steal. I even had BBQ pulled pork and caesar salad the other night. I notice the restriction and do my best to stop eating to avoid that uncomfortable full feeling. I used to consider myself a foodie. Now I notice that I'm eating just to live instead of the other way around. I'll attach a typical day from my loseit app. Would love to see what others are eating at this point. I average 700-800 calories per day, 70-90 grams of Protein and try to keep carbs under 40 if I can. I have been horrible about taking my Vitamins but plan on changing that this week. I'm still nervous about losing my hair. I will be curious to see what happens. I have been getting a minimum of 60 grams of protein in every day since surgery. I have lost on average 3 pounds every week. That doesn't seem to be drastic or excessive. Will my body still perceive it as "drastic" weight loss and make my hair fall out? Time will tell!

post-203485-0-98117200-1400867127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluesea71

Okay giving the Dulcolax a try!!! THANK YOU!!!

Good Luck!

Hi everyone! A couple of crazy questions......

1. My doc and nut said not raw fruits or veggies until the 2 month mark. Is anyone eating lettuce? I feel like I could do lettuce (maybe w lowfat Caesar dressing ) and chicken?

2. Straws....what's the deal w/ them? Can we ever use a straw again?

3. I was also told no gum.....is that a forever thing too?

Sorry for the crazy questions! Happy Saturday!

Hi everyone! A couple of crazy questions......

1. My doc and nut said not raw fruits or veggies until the 2 month mark. Is anyone eating lettuce? I feel like I could do lettuce (maybe w lowfat Caesar dressing ) and chicken?

2. Straws....what's the deal w/ them? Can we ever use a straw again?

3. I was also told no gum.....is that a forever thing too?

Sorry for the crazy questions! Happy Saturday!

I think raw veggies would be hard to digest, so waiting until our pouch is fully healed is wise. Not sure why it's advised to avoid fruit, except for the high carb count which may slow down weight loss. I have had a few bites of salad. I can only get a dew bites in and I'm done at this point. The issue with straws is the air you suck in before you get to the liquid. Pre surgery, you wouldn't notice it, but post surgery you might. I say might because I noticed air pain in the beginning when I tried (sorry, it's the rebel in me!) but now I don't notice it. If you don't notice any pain from air, not sure what the harm is. I don't use straws because I always end up drinking too fast when I do and it hurts. I don't know the reasoning behind gum. Anyone? Anyone?

Edited by Bluesea71

I've read that if you swallow the gum it can cause blockage at small intestines. It does not digest like normal food.< /p>

Our bariatric nurse told us no gum because it creates more saliva triggering hunger because you are swallowing the saliva and juices from the gum as you chew it and your body thinks that food should be coming down so you feel hungry....not exactly the way that she put it but close enough....and I did hear if you swallow it that it could cause blockage....

Bluesea - to answer your post about what I'm eating....so far, I've had eggs (with and without cheese), beef Jerky tenders, they are more tender than beef jerky and I just chew and chew until they get rehydrated and swallow just a little bit at a time, several different kinds of pureed or really soft cooked Beans, I got some sizzling rice Soup from a Chinese restaurant nearby but I strained ot the rice and veggies and just ate the broth and the shrimp and chicken (again, eating really slow and chewing everything up until it was a pureed consistancy), pulled pork, chicken or egg salad or potato salad (only without pickles because the one time I had it pureed with pickles I got really sick really quick). I haven't done much with the Protein Shakes. My NUT said she would rather me get my Protein from food than shakes, so that's what I've been trying to do. I need to be better about keeping up with my calories and protein...but I'm eating so little that I haven't been. Just a couple of bites here when it's time to eat. I don't think I get "hungry" anymore....I get "empty" and decide if it's time for more Fluid or a couple bites of food. I made a huge crockpot full of pintos and used country ham pieces to season it and probably had a quarter of a cup at the time. The meat was really tender after being in the crockpot all day so it was really good. Oh and string cheese has been good to me. And my nut told me to try really thin sliced deli meat so I had some high dollar rare roast beef slices from the deli and cheese. It was delicious....but honestly they handed me a sample of the meat and it was such a big sample that I didn't even open the meat until the next day as I was full from the sample! I hope this gives you some ideas. Still having horrible heartburn all day not matter what I eat or drink. They even gave me prescription medicine to take and it only helps for a little while. I drink Decaf unsweet tea with splenda all day. I fill it completely with ice and as the ice melts throughout the day it turns to Water with with a hint of tea flavor...but for some reason that's the only way to get in my fluids or watered down gatorade....

Edited by mysleeveid13

So I just checked my meal plan from my nutritionist and I'm obviously not getting all the food, Protein, or liquids in. I'll try harder this week... here is the pureed/soft stage meal plan. This is just for an idea of what to eat...hope you can see it.

post-210946-0-32481300-1401038347_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44833[/ATTACH]

Wow at that menu. I think I'm eating way more than that at a time. I'm going to try it next week and see if it helps me (as I've been having stomach pain when I do eat).

Regarding raw veggies... I've had bell pepper, onion and celery (chopped small) and didn't have issues. The diet from my NUT progresses differently than some though. At 30 days out, I was told that I could start eating as I would for life. However, my weight loss isn't great so I think I'm going to go back to liquid or pureed and see if I can jump start it again. Thanks for that menu!

I had to travel for work for the entire week 5 but I got through it!! I was so scared!! I barely ate at dinners and I packed Protein Shakes which helped so so much. I am learning how much of this is a mental game and also how my relationship with food is beginning to change -- slowly of course! ;)

I am so proud of myself, for this entire week everyday I have worked out for 45-60 mins. Granted I am limited with being able to do cardio cause of back injury and neuropathy om my right leg bit Im pushing myself by doing yoga, crunches and weight lifting. I feel so focused and determined and its an awesome feeling! I am finally losing more consistantly and Im handling all the solid foods Ive been eating really well.

Wishing everyone a nice holiday tomorrow. Good night folks!

I had to travel for work for the entire week 5 but I got through it!! I was so scared!! I barely ate at dinners and I packed Protein Shakes which helped so so much. I am learning how much of this is a mental game and also how my relationship with food is beginning to change -- slowly of course! ;)

I agree 100% it is a mind game. I can literally skip dinner and be fine but I dont cause I need to have the rest of my daily Protein intake. I seem to have more of a head hunger when Im at work. I use go be a big snacker while working. Now I just drink Water all day at work. Alot of my coworkers have noticed how little I eat and when they ask I just tell them Im on a high protein diet. Am I lying? lol

I agree 100% it is a mind game. I can literally skip dinner and be fine but I dont cause I need to have the rest of my daily Protein intake. I seem to have more of a head hunger when Im at work. I use go be a big snacker while working. Now I just drink Water all day at work. Alot of my coworkers have noticed how little I eat and when they ask I just tell them Im on a high protein diet. Am I lying? lol

I say the same thing!! So many skinny people pick and barely eat now I am with em...I think it makes some feel uneasy but I just have to keep it moving and keep my eye on the prize! Not having alcohol has been so hard but I just keep saying it's not forever just for a year! Small sacrifice for a new and improved me!