Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

I'll have to update my numbers when I can find my scales. One good thing about moving is that I haven't had time to focus on the scales! I'm trying to get back to eating right, but I've found that any and everything I eat makes my tummy rumble, which is highly annoying. I hope that stops in the future.

Mschwartz, that's very interesting. My doctor never said anything about that. Heck, at this point I have trouble getting all the Protein through any means. I can't imagine having to focus it on plant based Protein.< /p>

Not to be gross but it was horrible for many hours!! Then I had a break and it started all over again! Lol! BUT you will feel great :)

On a clean note, my surgeon said that when we eat Protein 80% of it should be plant based and only 20% should be animal based. Thought that an interesting thought.....

Is your surgeon by chance a vegetarian? This just seems odd. There is such a small amount of Protein found in most vegetables. You would have to consume A LOT of vegetables. I mean A LOT to make up the protein levels found in animal protein. And while I haven't done the research on whey and other vegetable based Proteins, I still wonder if they are complete Proteins.

Edited by Bluesea71

I went out to dinner for the first time tonight. We went to Chilis and I ordered chicken quesadillas. Umm my sleeve didnt like the mozzarella cheese at all so I just picked out the pieces of chicken and ate it with the pico de gallo (tomato/onion salsa mix) and I got full instantly. So not so bad for first time eating out and kudos to me cause I didnt touch the molten cake that hubby and friends ordered.

Edited by butterfly2014

That's awesome! We went out last weekend for a friends birthday. I ordered French onion Soup and sipped the broth. It was hard seeing all the yummy food come to the table.

On another note, I was not secretive about my surgery but now I wish I was. Saw a few people yesterday at my kids school event and they asked how I was feeling. The worst part....people saying are you making progress?? Makes me feel awful that it's not noticeable. I've been back and forth at the same weight since may 4th. I starting tracking w the lose it app. Eating 500 calories max. Protein and Water still need to be bumped up a bit. I really need to start seeing some success on this scale..... Thanks for letting me rant!

That's awesome! We went out last weekend for a friends birthday. I ordered French onion Soup and sipped the broth. It was hard seeing all the yummy food come to the table.

On another note, I was not secretive about my surgery but now I wish I was. Saw a few people yesterday at my kids school event and they asked how I was feeling. The worst part....people saying are you making progress?? Makes me feel awful that it's not noticeable. I've been back and forth at the same weight since may 4th. I starting tracking w the lose it app. Eating 500 calories max. Protein and Water still need to be bumped up a bit. I really need to start seeing some success on this scale..... Thanks for letting me rant!

Not that you asked my opinion, but try increasing your daily intake and see if that makes a difference. Somewhere between 600-800 calories at this point. Many people on this board report stalls when their calorie intake is too low. What do you think is preventing you from getting in enough Protein?

Ugh. People monitoring my weight loss progress is exactly why I only told my parents and Honey. I'm glad I didn't tell anyone. No one knows as wls isn't even on their radar. On the downside, I haven't had many people comment on my almost 30 pound weight loss yet.... Until yesterday. I ran into an old friend who called me "skinny" as she walked up to me! I also benefitted from the honesty and directness of young children yesterday! I walked up to a group of 5 kinder/1st graders yesterday. As I did, one of them stated, "you look tall and skinny. Your legs are long. I really like your hair!" Three more kids agreed with the statement. The last kid stated, "I don't think so." Hahahahaha. Love how honest young kids are!

Edited by Bluesea71

I wouldn't worry about what they say....Although I know I take everything personally, too and get my feelings hurt often. Just keep doing what you are doing and they will continue to see the results. Sometimes adults are just as mean as kids.....so they might be seeing results and just don't want to admit that the surgery works.....

On the same note....I am very fortunate to be off for the full 6 weeks after surgery. I haven't decided yet what I'll tell people when I go back. I've shared with a few friends outside of work, but I work with a bunch of catty females and I've heard the comments they make about others that have had the surgery and shared or didn't share and they found out later. For those of you that have gone back to work, did you tell or keep it to yourself? I wish I didn't care what people say about me.....and maybe eventually I won't. But just curious what you all said

Edited by mysleeveid13

Ohhh and completely off topic....I got to try hummus (per previous posts, I've been craving it for a few weeks now). The garlic taste was soooo strong to me. Couldn't even finish a tiny bite! Not sure if it was just because I was eating it by itself or my taste buds changing but whew!

I've also had eggs, ate a half a boiled egg and it sat like a rock in my tummy. Scrambled where good. I had some pureed chicken salad. Used just low fat mayo and a tad of regular mayo and some Mrs Dash table blend seasoning and it was great. So a few days later I tried pureeing Publix chicken salad. Don't know if it was the pickles or full fat mayo but I got real sick and won't try that again. Went out to eat after my son's pre-k graduation. Had a really small piece of grilled chicken. It was really tender so I just cut off itty bitty bites and chewed until there was hardly anything left. And a couple of bites of baked potato. Just ate really slow and chewed until my jaws hurt. It all went down well. I have pureed some Boca Veggie Burgers, too. They were really good. They have about 17 g of Protein for a whole one and I can only eat half of one at a time. But I'll have the other half later in the day. Even totally plain they were really good to me. Except I ate one too fast the other day and it made me sick. Oh and made pinto Beans in the crockpot. They were so tender and flavorful! I put 4 oz servings in little tiny mason jars and froze them for when I go back to work.

It still is really such a huge change to eat slow! I'm good at taking tiny bites. Got me a cocktail fork and some baby spoons to help me and it works great. But I'm constantly reminding myself to eat slow.

Sorry for the long post, but I always like to read what everyone is eating to get ideas and I am so happy to finally be getting some food down, I had to share!

Thanks guys! I'll trying eating more, I'm just not very hungry and afraid to eat. Protein is more of a challenge because my doc asked me to stop the shakes. I eat such a small amount of food it just doesn't add up to many grams of protein or calories.

I went back to teaching at the one week mark, I did tell my close friends at work but you know how things spread! Our secretary retired last year and has visited a few times. She easily weighed over 400lbs and is half her size. Every time people asks about her dramatic weight loss she says she just cut out Desserts. Guess I was annoyed w the lie and decided I wouldn't lie to anyone when asked.

So far so good w foods. Just ate a piece of turkey rolled up w a slice of cheese. Ate almost all if it. Pushing the Water more! I wish I would of taken my measurements before this journey....

Have a great Sunday everyone!

I wouldn't worry about what they say....Although I know I take everything personally, too and get my feelings hurt often. Just keep doing what you are doing and they will continue to see the results. Sometimes adults are just as mean as kids.....so they might be seeing results and just don't want to admit that the surgery works.....<br><br><br> On the same note....I am very fortunate to be off for the full 6 weeks after surgery. I haven't decided yet what I'll tell people when I go back. I've shared with a few friends outside of work, but I work with a bunch of catty females and I've heard the comments they make about others that have had the surgery and shared or didn't share and they found out later. For those of you that have gone back to work, did you tell or keep it to yourself? I wish I didn't care what people say about me.....and maybe eventually I won't. But just curious what you all said

I also took 6 weeks off. I go back to work on the 28th. My job as well have a bunch of catty females. I only told my family, a few friends & one close coworker. I don't plan on telling anyone else unless I am asked. I'll just ignore the negative feed back if any.

I too went out for the first time. It was to a birthday dinner for my niece at a buffet. I was a little worried before hand but it was great! I had wonton Soup & a few bites of imitation crab meat.< /p>

It happened today - my supervisor at a worksite I do contract work for ran into me in the copy room and asked me if I had lost weight. "I replied, yes! Almost 35 pounds. You're the first person to notice!" I then went on to tell her that I made some pretty drastic lifestyle changes at the beginning of the year - no caffeine, no carbonation, no processed food, no fast food and no bread or Pasta of any kind. This is a school site so I won't see them all summer. Boy, will they be surprised when I return in September!

Good for you Bluesea!!! You dont have to tell them how much you lost if you dont want to. Obviously they will see the weight loss but dont feel pressured to tell them how much. Congrats on your weight loss success!

I thought I'd share an update on my toilet issues with Constipation. Dulcolax is my new bff!!! I been takin 2 pills a day since Sunday and been having BM ever since! Ive gone like 3 times today alone, I was so backed up Omg. So yea if your having the same issue give Dulcolax a try. It says to take 1-3 pills daily, I been taking 2 and its been good enough for me.

Happy Hump Day!

Edited by butterfly2014

I've actually had no issues with Constipation. I go pretty regularly. A lot less than I did before surgery, but enough that I don't feel I'm backed up. (TMI alert) It's usually pretty watery though. I've had maybe two firm stools since surgery.

I'm bummed though - all the bad eating I did made me gain 4lbs. It's just been such a trying time and I can't find any recipes that I really like. I've never been a huge meat eater and I'm not sure how to incorporate veggies that are low carb that have Protein. Anyone got any good recipes?

Also, every time I swallow anything except low fat yogurt or sugar free pudding, I get a rumbly grumble in my tummy and I always have to belch afterward. I will say this too - sugar does NOT agree with me. I tried some of a milkshake and could only get down like two sips before I felt sick. I'm glad of it because it keeps me from messing up with sweets, but it's kinda sad too!