Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Thats right Heidi keep your eye on the prize! Stay focused and you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So tomorrow is our weekly checkin, Im feeling enthusiastic about it because I know I have lost a nice amount this week after I got on the scale on Saturday.

So how has everyone been? Everyone should be on the solids food stage. How is that working for you? As for me Ive been handling solids quite well. I havent tried alot of types but a good variety.

Im little nervous to try eggs. I dont know cause its so dry I guess. I remember having a bad take on tuna which I still havent had a go at it since trying it a few weeks ago.

Well Im off to sleep. Nite fellow sleevers!

Edited by butterfly2014

Quite frankly, I'm pretty miserable. Nothing sits well with me, but neither does an empty stomach. I'm also incredibly bored with what I can eat. I want something with some blasted carbs! But when I eat them (or anything sweet) I feel like crap.

On the plus side, I've lost 5lbs this week. Still, after going through all this mess, I feel like I should be losing more.

Just kinda negative and depressed lately.

I know we all get bored but find a new activity take a class or call a friend and go for a walk it is summer time!! I know for many antacids work well for an icky stomach too--maybe those will help you? Remember you are only 5 plus weeks out you are still healing some heal slower than others so give yourself some time and the next time something feels loose that I promise you will make ya feel better!! Hang in there lady!

eggs are great!! Try them with a sprinkle of cheese and some green onions and some seasoning! eggs are a staple in my diet and I was able to eat them since my soft food phase -- a hint make deviled eggs for a twist the mayo is worth the calories trust me!! Glad you are tracking so well I was able to lose 3.5 last week and this week I am hoping for that same result or maybe more! Not weighing myself everyday has helped my mind game!!

Happy Six Week Sleeviversary everyone! Its check in time!

1) height / weight starting our wls programs, 5'4 289lbs

2) weight day of surgery, 281

3) weight six week post op / pounds lost/gained, 259lbs lost 5lbs this week thats 30lbs total!!! What an awesome feeling.

4) goal weight-140

5) your biggest success this week, exercising for an hour every day and pushing myself each day increasing my numbers in weight lifting and crunches, I could barely do one 11 days ago and now Im up to 90! What an accomplishment. I feel so much healthier and more fit than ever. Also stopped using the walker at home since Sunday, Ive been using it for overva year cause of the back/leg injury I got from car accident...losing this weight has given my back/leg some relief.

6) your biggest struggle this week, Constipation continues to be an issue but I do go every 2 days so thats an improvement from going once a week.

7) What is your goal for next week, to continue losing rapidly, continue increasing my exercise regimen to get strong enough to go to the gym by next month and to start having regular BM's without taking dulcolax or any laxative.

Happy 6 weeks!!!

1. 5'2" /260lbs

2. 250 lbs

3. 232 lbs

4. 160lbs

5. Finally back to work.

6. Planning a meals since I'm back to work.

1. 5'8 1/2" - 375

2. 357

3. 319 - total of 56 lbs lost

4. 180 or anything under 200

5. Wearing a shirt that I haven't been able to wear in almost a year and my jeans are falling off me

6. Depressed, moody, bored with food choices (tired of meat)and still can't get the 96g of Protein that my surgeon recommends in.

7. Exercise more, try to find something I want to eat, drink more

1. 5' 7" 255 lbs

2. 243 lbs

3. 212 lbs 2.8 lbs down this week 43 lbs total

4. 150-ish

5. Biggest achievement is getting my energy back. I still crash towards the end of the day but no naps and still functioning properly. Worked out 4 days straight last week! Then walked around a Water park and swam for the entire day! Normally, I would have been begging to sit down and wanting to hide in my bathing suit.

6. Reflux!!!!!!! It's really bad. Taking carafate, 2 priolosec and gaviscon and it still feels like my chest is on fire!!! Feels like a huge lump of coals in my throat. Hopefully meds will start helping.

1) height / weight starting our wls programs: 5'7", 236

2) weight day of surgery: 226

3) weight six week post op / pounds lost/gained:

Current weight is 201.8. 1.4 pounds lost this week, 34.8 overall. Hoping to get to onederland next week!

4) goal weight: 140

5) your biggest success this week: I exercised more this week than I have post surgery. As a result, my weight loss wasn't as high, but I feel tone and I can see muscle definition. I feel less like a pile of mush.

6) your biggest struggle this week: I need to put more energy into planning meals on the go.

7) What is your goal for next week: take my Vitamins every day, exercise more.

Oops, I missed number 7 what is your goal next week. Honestly, just to keep it together. I'm returning to work on Monday and it's also the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death, so I'm thinking it might be a roller coaster of a day. Excited to feel good about wearing some new clothes to work and thinking I will get a lot of questions since I took the whole 6 weeks off. I only told 2 Co - workers and my boss so I don't know what I'm going to say. I'm pretty excited about my results, so part of me wants to say, "Yeah, I took charge of my health and I had surgery. " But as I've mentioned before, I work with a bunch of catty, gossipy, mostly skinny women who a) don't understand and B) will say congratulations to your face then talk trash as you walk away. So I hate that I'm even thinking about it. What have you said when you get questions? I know it's been discussed before and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse.....just trying to get some ideas. I'm really bad about the truth just flowing right out of my mouth....As you can see from my long winded posts. ...

Just had surgery one week ago. 1 week check in was 12 lbs !!! The last 12 lbs pounds took me 3 months !!! Good lick to all it is gonna be awesome!!

Melodica (well can be for everyone but you specifically mentioned you were tired of meat)- I found this blog "The World According to Egg Face". She was a WLS patient and she has a TON of recipes. You can get lost on her site....but long story longer, I found these egg bites or crust less quiches on there. You can basically put whatever you want in them and once you start making them you won't even look at recipes anymore. You can just throw leftovers in them.

You use a mini muffin pan and one batch makes 24. You can freeze them and just grab 2-3 (I can only eat 2 so far) and toast them a little or nuke for a few secs to warm for quick on the go meal.

I have made 4 batches so far. One has turkey bacon, mushrooms and swiss cheese (I cooked the mushrooms and bacon then gave them a few spins in the food processor to chop real small) and throw in some seasoning and beaten eggs and bake for 30 mins. Really yummy. And I did another batch with turkey sausage and extra sharp cheddar. Taste great and lots of Protein. Maybe some of those can get you out of the blues.....hope this helps.

Oh here's the link...if you scroll to the middle of the page there are a bunch of different recipes for these things (also, you can scroll around on her site and find all kinds of recipes, even for pureed stage)

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/11/party-like-rock-star-post-wls-style.html?m=1

Hi everyone!

1. 251

2. 240

3. 218 (I haven't been on the scale since Saturday- avoiding it w pms).

4. First goal under 200, next goal 160!

5. I cried when I saw 218.2 on my scale!! Knowing I was 251lbs 6 weeks ago and 18 lbs to never see 200 again made me so happy! After a long stall it's finally moving!! Please pray it keeps going!

6. Still struggling w getting in enough Water although I can finally take more than a tiny sip comfortably. I might try a straw.....need new Protein type meals. Getting bored eating the same things too!

post-210946-0-10551700-1401382880_thumb.png

[ATTACH]44981[/ATTACH]

These are the mini crust less quiches or egg bites I told you about.....These are turkey sausage, swiss, and sautéed mushrooms. So far these are my favorite. When I think I can tolerate spinach I'm going to do feta and spinach. Pack them in snack bags in individual servings of two and quick 10 secs in microwave and quick Breakfast on the go! With 3 kids, these have been so helpful!

Anyone have problems with tuna the first time they tried it and then tried it again a few weeks later? How was it the 2nd time? Ive been thinking about trying again but after feeling so bloated and nauseas the 1st time Im just afraid to try it again.