Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Ok Im keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow I will have a new weight number to give for our weekly updates.

Sigh...I havent weighed myself since Sunday so hoping I see a nice number tomorrow lol

Ok Im keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow I will have a new weight number to give for our weekly updates.

Sigh...I havent weighed myself since Sunday so hoping I see a nice number tomorrow lol

That's right! Three weeks since surgery for all of us tomorrow! Get ready for a check in! I limited myself to weighing only once a day first thing in the morning. I have been recording the daily total and then adding up my weekly total. I'm thinking (hoping) I had the infamous 3week stall a week early... First week post surgery lost 11.4 pounds (was my stomach that heavy? Most of the weight was the day after surgery!) The second week I only lost 1.6 pounds. Now this week it's 3.4 pounds as of this morning. The one thing I'm noticing is there is no "normal." The weight will come off. I'm trying not to obsess over it.

How do everyone's incisions look? Mine are healed and I'm putting mederma on them. They are still pretty red. I don't see me sporting a bikini anytime soon (Gasp at the possibility!)

Edited by Bluesea71

I'm tired. Make that really, really tied. Pre- surgery I worked three 10 plus hour days a week so I could have the luxury of having 4 days off to be around for my kids. I am now on week two going back to work. I'm doing it, but there's times where I feel like I could just take a nap right at my desk at work. I'm constantly yawning at clients! It's tough not having coffee in the morning to wake me up. I tried to have a few sips a few mornings and ended up with severe diarrhea at work. Good times. Ok. Thanks for letting me vent. My parents have that "good o'l mid-western work until you're on your death bed" mentality instilled in me. I need to learn to listen to my body and cut me some slack. I did have a body part removed for God's sake! I need to rethink my work schedule. Good news is I'm self employed so I have the luxury to do that. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes on. It's hard to have energy when our daily calories are lower than what we used to eat in one meal pre-surgery. Or likely, one snack!!!!

Im totally with you Bluesea! Hoping our 3 week mark is a lucky one tomorrow morning! On a good note I just woke up with a loud bubbly tummy and ran into the bathroom (ok maybe not run exactly lol) and finally had a BM after being constipated for a whole freaking week!!! WooHoo Go Me!! I feel like I dropped 5lbs in that toilet, TMI I know lol. Ok Im going back to sleep with my fingers crossed for tomorrow's check-in.

Happy 3 weeks sleevers!! : )

So....I hate to admit it, but on the clear liquid diet, I did fine for 2 weeks. I never felt sick and the only time I felt nauseous was after I took my calcium citrate. Then, I moved to all liquids for weeks 3 and 4 and I'm nauseous a lot!!! I just drank a few ounces of Protein shake and I feel so nauseous. I'm going to take the zofran he just prescribed and see if that helps. I know we are all different, but it feels like I'm going backwards. I did so well in the hospital and made it through with virtually no issues and now it's like I feel sick a lot! I even threw up for the first time the other night after having strained soup! Thankfully, I'm out of work on disability because I couldn't go feeling this nauseous every day. I think I'm going to go back to just Clear Liquids to see if that helps. But it's weird for me to see a lot of you moving on to purees or soft foods and here I am sick on liquids? Anyone else sick?

And Bluesea, I bet you're tired. I'm so tired just taking care of my kids. I don't know how some of you are already back at work. Don't overdo it.

Edited by mysleeveid13

I think I had a stall early too. Starting my period might have had something to do with it, but I sat at 334 for over a week. I've finally started moving down again - was 329 yesterday, then 328 today. I weigh first thing in the morning after I've used the bathroom when I think about it. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes it's every few days. I'm just glad to see the numbers going down again!

Bluesea, I'm right there with you. I'm tired all the time. It's like I never have enough energy. I don't know what these people that walk a mile plus a week after their surgery are doing. I just know that I'm envious. I haven't had energy since I got the surgery, so I've been very bad about not exercising. I know I need to, but just walking up the stairs at work takes everything out of me!

Regarding incisions, some of mine are healing up better than others. A couple are a really light red, a couple are darker red and one is still kinda scabby. I think they are definitely going to scar, but I don't see myself ever wearing a bikini anyway, so I'm okay with it. As long as I can wear a one piece, I'm good!

Mysleeve, I'm on soft foods and I sometimes have some queasiness after eating or drinking. My stomach gets bubbly and rumbly and feels a little uneasy for a while. It usually passes after about half an hour. It's really annoying though. I'd love to be able to eat and not feel awful. I think that's one of the reasons I'm not eating much (and thus only getting about halfway to my Protein goal every day). I still have no clue how anyone gets to 90-100g of Protein without supplementing with those awful shakes. I can't eat enough, even in three meals and two Snacks to get past 60g.

Edited by Melodica

Mysleeve I know how you feel. I had issues with cottage cheese this week, I started to feel nauseas so I stopped eating it this week. I also cant stand greek yogurt anymore. You are not alone Mysleeve.

I hope you can get back to eating your foods you were eating, until then just take it slow and one day at a time.

Ok fellow Sleevers its time to do our weekly check in!

1-starting weight/height before preop diet

2-weight day of surgery

3-weight today

4-goal weight

5-accomplishments this week

6-whats your goal for this week

Edited by butterfly2014

Ok fellow Sleevers its time to do our weekly check in! 1-starting weight/height before preop diet 2-weight day of surgery 3-weight today 4-goal weight 5-accomplishments this week 6-whats your goal for this week

1 290 5 10"

2 271

3 251

4 realistic 190 bmi chart 170 :)

5 my offer on my first home ever was accepted, wls accomplishment I am keeping food down regularly

6 exercise at least 30 minutes a day.

:)

1-5'4" 289lbs

2-280lbs

3-269lbs I lost 1lb this week after not losing for 12 days

4-140lbs

5-drinking Protein daily and lost a total of 20lbs so far!

6-hoping to continue to lose weight for next week and not stall again and get in some exercise. also hoping to do well tomorrow as Im going back to work.

Edited by butterfly2014

1. 5'8 1/2", 375

2. 357

3. 328

4. 180

5. Going back to work full time, losing 6lbs after a 10 day stall

6. To begin exercising, at least a little and hopefully not to sleep as much.

thank you butterfly2014. Oh I did find something that works well for me. Luigi's Italian Ice. They have a sugar free one and they are so good. I eat those when nothing else works. so if you get tired of sf popsicles, try these!

Ok fellow Sleevers its time to do our weekly check in!<br><br><br> 1-starting weight/height before preop diet<br><br> 2-weight day of surgery<br><br> 3-weight today<br><br> 4-goal weight<br><br> 5-accomplishments this week<br><br> 6-whats your goal for this week

1. 260 5'2"

2. 250

3. 238

4. 160

5. Getting more Water in

6. Walk a little longer on treadmill

Ok fellow Sleevers its time to do our weekly check in! 1-starting weight/height before preop diet 2-weight day of surgery 3-weight today 4-goal weight 5-accomplishments this week 6-whats your goal for this week

Thanks for taking the lead on this butterfly! I meant to do it this morning and life got in the way :)

1. 236 / 5' 7" starting weight

2. 226 day of surgery

3. 209.6 today's weight

4. 140 goal weight

5. Accomplishments - started working out on the treadmill. Walk for 2 minutes, then run for 30 and repeat for 30 minutes. Working out with the Pilates bar for strength training in upper arms and stomach

6.My goal for this week is to stop cheating. I have a gut of steel it seems. It can tolerate eating anything. It's kinda scary not having the negative feedback to stop me from eating certain foods.

Edited by Bluesea71