Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

I think it's worth a shot. If it's not that, you might call your doctor to see what he suggests.

I got mine the day before surgery so I still have a little while to go.....

Question, if this has already been discussed, plesse forgive me....

What do you all do for nausea? I am finding when I do my walking either outside or at the gym, I am getting really nauseous. I'm drinking Water the whole time and then afterwards, I just feel really sick. I'm on full liquids now and so far the only thing that helps is hot tea.

Anyone else getting nauseous this far out?

My surgeon prescribed promethazine Syrup for nausea (it tastes pretty good). I really wanted to avoid taking additional meds but on day 4 the nausea was really hurting. I took the prilosec and the anti nausea and felt completely better by day 7 (which is today). I also felt more like my old self and was able to choke down more liquids today to meet my Protein goal.

See if you can get your surgeon too write you an anti nausea script.

Ok thanks ladies. I will call my dr tomorrow! Appreciate it!

Not really sure what you could put in the tuna, Heidi except some kind of relish maybe. I used just a bit of mayo in my chicken salad and it didn't make me sick or anything, so you might be okay using that.

Hope your doctor can get you something to help, mysleeve! Keep us updated.

I am about to try tuna fish for the first time but am nervous about using mayo any other recommendations for what to mix with it so it's not so dry? Let me know!

I mixed tuna the normal way w/ mayo, onions etc.. & it went down fine had no problems

Thank you ladies! I ended up usin. mayo and spicy mustard and that worked for me but the calories for a small amount of mayo is just so much I may look for lite mayo or something next time! Relish and onions are a great idea too!!

Thank you ladies! I ended up usin. mayo and spicy mustard and that worked for me but the calories for a small amount of mayo is just so much I may look for lite mayo or something next time! Relish and onions are a great idea too!!

I'm discovering how easy it is to rack up calories once real foods are introduced! I'm trying to be good about logging all food/exercise into my loseit app on my phone now!

I haven't tried it post op because I'm still on liquids but on my low carb pre-op diet, I used Hellman's low fat mayo in my tuna. I used low sodium relish (because of my BP) and the normal seasonings that I like and it was good.

Über excited. vacation booked by my sweetie to go back to one of my favorite places on earth - Isla Mujeres. I have until September to get my bod bikini ready!

* my fingers are pointing to the stretch of beach Playa Norte where we hang out. The island is tiny 1/2 mile by 4 miles. A short ferry ride away from Cancun.

post-203485-0-21357200-1399230997_thumb.jpg

post-203485-0-25652600-1399231011_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluesea71

I haven't tried it post op because I'm still on liquids but on my low carb pre-op diet, I used Hellman's low fat mayo in my tuna. I used low sodium relish (because of my BP) and the normal seasonings that I like and it was good.

Thanks I will try the low sodium relish never thought of that! I am constantly looking for a way to make it easy to consume and low in calories now that I am in the soft foods phase. :)

If anyone has other faves let me know always open to trying new things!! :)

I need your thoughts on this.

My Dr told me I can start eating tuna or chicken salad if I want. Based on my food guide he and my nut gave me Im not suppose to start soft foods for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Im tempted to give it a try but afraid I will get sick and puke. What do you guys think, would you try it early if your Dr told you it was ok?

I need your thoughts on this.

My Dr told me I can start eating tuna or chicken salad if I want. Based on my food guide he and my nut gave me Im not suppose to start soft foods for another 2 1/2 weeks.

Im tempted to give it a try but afraid I will get sick and puke. What do you guys think, would you try it early if your Dr told you it was ok?

Hello fellow night owl :). I've tried both which I puréed with a hand wand.... And both hurt. I had mixed both with fat free mayo but it was still pretty thick. The second time I tried it, I added some Water to the mix and it was fine albeit some slight pains.

Hi Bluesea!

Oh my, so you didnt have a good experience with it then. Hmm yea I think Im going to wait it out anyway. Ive been doing so good with my food stages and havent puked once, I had nausea plenty of times but no puking.

Thanks for sharing!

I actually had no trouble with pureed foods or even Soups with solids as long as I chewed very well. One of my favorite things is deviled ham or chicken with some cheese spread mixed in. Goes down easily.

Soft solids... Gotta be careful with them. The chewing a lot is do hard for me because before surgery, I never chewed my food well.

If my doc had been okay with me moving on earlier, I would have given it a shot. My only puking came when I didn't chew well. Now I'm anal about it!