Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Hi girls! Today was a good day! After getting in the scale this morning and gaining I turned the day around. Starting puréed foods definitely helped! I also walked 2 miles (well after a long nap). Here's to feeling better and moving on!

That's great! It's around 8:13 am here & I'm hitting the treadmill for 1 mile. Then in evening go outside to do another mile. Toady starts puréed foods for me too. What are some meals you puree?

My doc gave me some recipes so I started w those. They have me an omelet recipe....it was 1/4 of egg subsistute, 1/4 skim evaporated milk, tbsp of fat free cheese and onions. Microwave for 1 min. I couldn't eat much but it was good!

For lunch I used the egg salad recipe. It was one hard boiled egg, 1 tbsp of low fat mayo and mustard. I used my magic bullet to purée it.

For dinner, I made homemade chill and puréed that. I only ate about 1/4 per meal but having favor back in my life was wonderful!

First day back to work! Well, if I can get my arse out of bed! I'm dragging this morning without coffee! I feel great otherwise! I swear, if I didn't have those ugly wounds on my belly, I'd think I just had a dream that I had this surgery 12 days ago. I'll check in at the end of the day... I may have a different story to tell after working all day!

Congrats on going back to work. I hope all went well! I went to the gym today and got in a mile on the treadmill then walked again outside this evening. I don't have a whole lot of energy on this clear liquid diet. I'm hoping on Thursday when I can add cream of wheat, oatmeal, and strained cream Soups, my energy level will pick up some. I'm dragging, but getting in my walking so I feel good about it.

First day back to work! Well, if I can get my arse out of bed! I'm dragging this morning without coffee! I feel great otherwise! I swear, if I didn't have those ugly wounds on my belly, I'd think I just had a dream that I had this surgery 12 days ago. I'll check in at the end of the day... I may have a different story to tell after working all day!

How was the first day back to work?

Congrats on going back to work. I hope all went well! I went to the gym today and got in a mile on the treadmill then walked again outside this evening. I don't have a whole lot of energy on this clear liquid diet. I'm hoping on Thursday when I can add cream of wheat, oatmeal, and strained cream Soups, my energy level will pick up some. I'm dragging, but getting in my walking so I feel good about it.

I got energy when I started full liquids w/ strain cream Soup & cream of wheat. I'm so glad my taste buds had not changed because I always loved cream of wheat. Been mixing it w/ almond milk.. Delish

How was the first day back to work?

The first day went great! I had a rolling backpack to carry my files and paperwork around. I worked from 10-6:30 and during that time, consumed 2 premiere ready made Protein Shakes and a spoonful of hummus. And lots of water! Honestly, it was kind of nice to have a distraction as I've been so focused on this surgery the last 12 days. I was too busy to even notice any head hunger. Much easier to manage when I'm not able to walk into my kitchen every 5 minutes! I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be. I think the Protein helped a lot with that.

Just curious for all of you that have had some sort of food. When I'm drinking my Clear Liquids, I feel like I can sip all day. Just little sips, all day long and rarely get to the point where I feel I need to stop. When you all added food, did you get full a lot quicker? I'm assuming it's because the clear liquids basically just go right through and don't have to be digested at all. Was there a huge difference when you added Protein Shakes or food? Just wondering if I'm the only one not feeling full or if it's just the liquids......

Just curious for all of you that have had some sort of food. When I'm drinking my clear liquids, I feel like I can sip all day. Just little sips, all day long and rarely get to the point where I feel I need to stop. When you all added food, did you get full a lot quicker? I'm assuming it's because the clear liquids basically just go right through and don't have to be digested at all. Was there a huge difference when you added Protein Shakes or food? Just wondering if I'm the only one not feeling full or if it's just the liquids......

I can only speak from my experience - when I drink liquids, there's a point where it becomes uncomfortable and I need to stop. Kind of like a tight, at capacity feeling. But you're right, a few minutes later, the liquid moves through and I could do it again. With food, that full feeling lasts longer. The first week after surgery it took me over an hour to drink a pre-made premiere shake. Now i can drink one in 15-20 minutes. I had pintos and cheese from Taco Bell last night around 6. I ate about 1/2 and it's an obvious feeling when you're full. As in, "if I take another bite I may throw up"feeling. I really haven't felt physically hungry since the surgery. It might be that I was only required to do 3 days of clear liquids post surgery. I have been averaging 70-90 grams of Protein post surgery and consuming around 400-500 calories.

Ok cool. Thanks BlueSea. I was starting to wonder if something was wrong or if I should have been feeling full sooner. But that's pretty much what happens to me. I feel pressure, almost like I swallowed a gas bubble, so I stop drinking for a few minutes then I can drink again in a few. I didn't know if that was similar to a full feeling or if I was drinking too fast or both. I go back to the dr on Thursday and should be able to progress to all liquids, so I'm really excited about it!!!! I'm sure you ladies are tired of hearing my talk about clear liquids, but it's truly been the hardest thing I've ever done. I haven't been physically hungry but I've had a whole lot of head hunger, especially fixing dinner for my kids when my husband is out of town. It's hard not to desire something that you have used as a vice for so many years. I didn't realize how addicted to food I was until I couldn't have it! I've even had dreams about food. How pathetic is that? But, I'm down 27 lbs so clear liquids sure is working!!!!!

Oh and thank you all for letting me blab on like this is my own personal diary. This has really been a mental struggle for me. Physically, I'm doing well. Mentally, it's been harder than I've ever expected. But, I've stuck strictly to my Dr's plan and I'm very proud of that!

Hello I had surgery on 4/15 I started having some broth and it's giving me hearth burn Is anyone else taking any anti-acids?

I am taking prilosec. Ive gotten heartburn really badly a few times so I just take it every day until I start eating something besides clear liquids. Hoping when I add actual foods that it will tone down some. But things like crystal light that normally didn't give me heartburn have set my chest on fire lately.