Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

<p>I know that everyone is different, so everyone will have a different recovery. I just read so many posts about how great it was and how great they felt and how wonderful it is. I didn't seem to read as many about the extreme pain and the adjustment that this takes. I'm sure for some it wasn't a huge thing, but for me it has been. I had the hernia repair as well, so that may be contributing to some of my difficulty. Though I can say I haven't had it as bad as some. I've had little nausea and no vomiting (thanks stomach of steel). So I'm thankful for that!</p> <p> </p> <p>I guess I'm also experiencing some depression. food was my way of coping with any issues because it made me happy. Now I don't have that, so I'm trying to find some outlet. </p> <p> </p> <p>I worked half a day yesterday, but I couldn't go in today. I had to bend over and get on the floor for something yesterday and it made my stomach hurt like nobody's business. I spent most of the day in bed. For the rest of the week I've got to do half days because I don't have enough paid time off to cover this week. My work isn't physically difficult (desk job), but there's a lot of crap going down right now, so it's very stressful mentally. Again, my normal reaction to that was to eat, so now I'm going to have to find some other way to deal with it rather than tearing heads off, LOL.</p> <p> </p> <p>I know how you feel, butterfly. I feel about the same way. I'm hoping that once I can add more nutrition and Protein to my diet and after I begin taking Vitamins I will get more energy. We'll make it through this! It's just going to be a tougher road than I thought.</p>

Once I got to full liquids & started vitamins my energy has increased not a huge amount but I was able to do things around house for a few hrs. Today is the first day I did not need a nap. I hope it gets better for you.

Melodica I totally agree with you. Everyone is different and has their own wls journey.

As for myself, I cant stand Protein shake it makes my tummy feel like crap. No vomiting but some nausea for sure. My tummy is very sensitive I have to sleep on my back cause it hurts too much to sleep on tummy or on my side. My wounds are steal healing and hurt as well. When I sit my tummy feel uncomfortable most of the time. My energy level is super LOW!

Omg talk about a good venting session lol

I know it will get better and easier. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I guess my recovery will take a little longer cause I had a hiatal hernia repair as well.

Happy venting folks and wishing every a recovery asap lol

I had the sleeve on the 14th.. For the next couple weeks I'm allowed to have; cottage cheese, sugar free pudding and Jello, greek yogurt and Protein shakes.. For people who have had the surgery already, how do you handle this stage? I really just want to add things..

For others who are getting ready to go in to surgery, good luck! Congrats! Its a great feeling to watch the weight start to fall off! With the two week liquid diet I have shedded 25pounds! Just remember to breath, sip sip sip and walk walk walk. The more I walked the better I felt!

Butterfly, I'm sorry you're having such trouble with the Protein. It's not bothering me too much and I've discovered that I can hold a decent amount of liquid. I ate a little less than 2/3 of a can of Tomato Soup yesterday evening. Granted, it took me over an hour, but I was surprised. I can sleep on my right side (the side with less incisions) as long as I have a pillow to prop up my stomach. My left side is still a bit too tender.

McKaylee, I can have pureed Soups so I'm trying to come up with all kinds of things I can puree up and eat. I figure as long as it's a soupy consistency and has no chunks, I'm good. You might be able to doctor up the cottage cheese, pudding and yogurt somehow.

I find it funny that some people come out being able to eat cottage cheese, yogurt and all that and others have to do liquid/clear liquid diets for weeks. Doesn't make much sense!

I agree about watching the weight fall off. It's definitely encouraging! I haven't been walking very much though. Been so tired. I walk around the house and that's about all I can do before I have to sit/lay down.

Hi everyone! I wish I would of found this before my surgery. I was sleeved on April 16th. Horrible nausea and vomiting, spent 3 days in the hospital. I'm at the one week mark tomorrow and feel SO much better!! It was great reading your journeys. Makes me feel like I'm not alone!

Question! Where is everyone located?

Im in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Mschwartz924, I'm going to have to try that Soup. It looks very good and hearty. Thanks for sharing!

I'm located in Birmingham, AL right now. In a month I'll probably be in Illinois.

Melodica, they wont let me have Tomato Soup or cream of chicken.. they say its to acidy for my staples.. I also have to have EVERYTHING at room tempture.. I went through cincinnatti childrens hospital, I guess thats why theyre so strict..

That's very odd, McKaylee. My doctor never gave restrictions on types of Soup or temperatures. I do know that hot and cold liquids tend to cause more of a reaction in my stomach than room temp, but it's temporary. Maybe that's why they wanted you to keep it at room temp?

Hey ladies!! I was sleeves April 16th too! Thanks for finding me!! Anywho, I posted this somewhere else and I'll post it here;

Hey everybody! I thought I would share my journey and keep it all here! I hope y'all don't mind!!

I am a pretty laid back lady who has had a love affair with Oreos that just went too damn far. I weighed in at 299 (although my highest was 331 but I was 9 months pregnant. I should count it, huh?) and I had two kiddos as home that needed a fit, healthy momma.

So I said "No more!!" to those oreos and signed up for the seminar. That seminar was a funny place. You look at smaller people there and wish you were their size. You are thankful you aren't the biggest one there, but you know it's only a matter of time.

Fast forward I do the pre-op diet. Mine was more of a south beach (closest to beach anything I wanted to be around) and knocked off 10 pounds in 2 weeks!! What what!!

I had my surgery on 4/16/14 weighing in at 289. Post op, I dry heaved a lot!! In my mind, I envisioned my little stomach getting split open and my insides oozing and me dying. That didn't happen. But, it felt like it! Dry heaving sucks!!

I have been doing the liquid two week portion and now am on day 6. I weigh 279! Whoooo hooo! I sometimes wonder if this will really work, and am I destined to fail like I did all my other diets. It's hard to accept that your life will change.

My hardest problems are 1. Having Protein available at all times so I get it in and 2. Not gulping Water. I'm in Texas. I sweat like a whore in church after a really bad night! I'm a gulper. It hurts too when I do!

I know this may get old but I weigh in every morning! I'll let y'all know how I did!!!

That's my story. I wish I had trouble drinking but I don't. It scares me a lil. What of my stomach expands? I get full after a few sips and I burp but I can take most things down, being Protein shakes, broths, jellos, Crystal light, etc. so far so good. I need to do better about measuring! I just kinda swig here and there. I'll work on that tomorrow!!!

I'm at work at the moment, looking at my Protein Shake. Needing to be drinking it. I'm at work also. I need some coffee. I'm dragging. I did weigh myself this morning and I'm down to 277, which is 12 from surgery and 22 total!

Hi girls, I'm just outside of Philadelphia, PA :-) I am a teacher, attempting to go back for 1/2 day of work today!

Welcome Mschwartz924! Good luck with your first day back today. Remember to eat and drink!