Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Yeah the gas pains are pretty bad...which I dont understand because I walked more than anyone on my floor in the past 24 hours. I did 15 laps and they said 25 was a mile so they were all cheering me on....but each sip of Water or crystal lite feels like I'm swallowing straight gas bubbles. Anyone else having that issue?

mysleeve try the jiggle. It really worked for me. I hope you feel better today.

Hi tangy. This is going to sound ridiculous but every time I take a sip of Water which is every five minutes by timer I jiggle my self and the same for gas pains. It helps. Seems to help more than walking. Every time I get up and sit back down I do a slight jiggle. I hope you find comfort. It's been working for me for hiccups too which were terrible.

The Butterfly Jiggle. I foresee a new dance trend coming our way! ????

Hi tangy. This is going to sound ridiculous but every time I take a sip of Water which is every five minutes by timer I jiggle my self and the same for gas pains. It helps. Seems to help more than walking. Every time I get up and sit back down I do a slight jiggle. I hope you find comfort. It's been working for me for hiccups too which were terrible.

Thanks!!! Will definitely do that!

Im finally here!!! 4/16 surg date and Im day 3 postop! Got some pain not too bad, mostly cramping, gas, soreness...

Im officially a Sleever!! Hows everyone doing?

I've been better. LOL. But I know this will be a good thing in the long run.

I'm so thirsty and it's incredibly difficult not to gulp Water.

And I would pay to pass some gas! I've passed a few times and it felt so good. I've noticed that I have less trouble passing the gas that's lower (farting) than the gas that's higher up (burping). Unfortunately most of it is high. So frustrating! I've tried walking, jiggling, shimmying, doing the snake - you name it!

I'd be doing okay if not for the gas. Do have a question though - has anyone else not had a BM since surgery?

No bm. I haven't passed gas from below either. Just the baby burps. I know that I'm urinating a whole lot more than I'm drinking so I'm concerned about dehydration.

I'm urinating more than I'm drinking too and it's always pretty dark. I keep wondering where it's coming from because I've only drank maybe 6oz in 24 hours.

The first time urinating after surgery was one of the most difficult things I've done. I had to run Water over my hand and concentrate to get anything to come out and when it did (TMI alert) it was thick, dark orange and very smelly. Thankfully it's gotten better and easier since then but dehydration is a worry. The nurse told me one of the first signs of dehydration is confusion, so I've had my husband on the lookout for that.

I wouldn't expect to poop at least a week after surgery. What's to poop out anyway? We haven't ate anything! The urine we are expelling is still IV fluids from post-op hospital care.

I asked because my doctor said I needed to let him know if I didn't have a BM by four days after surgery.

I asked because my doctor said I needed to let him know if I didn't have a BM by four days after surgery.

I just looked at my discharge papers. Mine says to not expect anything before a week. I can see the concern, our body is in shock and they want to make sure everything is moving along, so to speak. In still not sure where the poop would come from though if we are only eating/drinking clear liquids! Protein Drinks would do it! Lol. I've never discussed my weight, pooping, urinating, etc. so openly. Love this forum!

Posting a picture of my post-op scars the day after. Please note the "sad face" in the middle around my belly button! My doctor didn't put any tape or dressings on. I have internal stitches and outside there is surgical glue holding the skin together which will dissolve on its own. Quite a bit of bruising though. The 5th incision cant be seen, but is located under my breasts in the middle.

post-203485-0-06842600-1397839553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bluesea71

Surprisingly enough Ive had a BM the day after surg. I am also peeing more than Im drinking. Dr said thats normal. Omg I drank 2 oz of Protein and got full. Trying to sip Water all day is a challenge since Im so use to downing a 16oz bottle.

What are u guys doing to pass gas, I think Ive only passed a handful of times and burped only once. Im walking too so Idk.

Edited by butterfly2014

The Butterfly Jiggle. I foresee a new dance trend coming our way! ?de04

Ok so whats this jiggle u speak of ??? lol after u drink u shake a little or something?

What are u guys doing to pass gas, I think Ive only passed a handful of times and burped only once. Im walking too so Idk.

I'll definitely try the latest dance rave- the "jiggle" haha. Thanks for the info....

The gas x strips have really helped me today. The dissolve on your tongue. Also, I mixed 2 oz of 100% apple juice (unsweetened) with 2 oz of Water and it made me go #2....and that really helped with gas, too. Sorry if that's TMI but I felt like it might be helpful to someone.

So it sounds like our post op diets are as different as the pre-op diets. I can only have the clear liquid diet for 2 weeks. I can add skim milk on day 3 (tomorrow) but I hate milk....but I'm going to try it because they said it's very important to get 32 oz of skim milk and 32 oz of other fluids. So we shall see how it goes.

The jiggle or wiggle every time I feel discomfort helps push it all down and sit well. I'm passing gas now every time I take a gas x strip. My family is cracking up every time I wiggle jiggle. I look ridiculous but it works. ;) I'm drinking 1/2 ounce at a time and eating a whole Popsicle one sitting now. :) yay me. Pains more of a burn or throb.