Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 16th role call - who's with me!

Welcome Heidi. You have come to the right place for sharing or should I say over sharing. Lol. I think anything goes in here since we are all in it together and here to support. ;)

New thing for me. Let Greek yogurt get room temperature. Add 3oz Water so it's thinner than a milkshake and eat. 5 times a day. 60 Protein and extra 15 oz Fluid. I'm going to get bored soon. I just need the food dreams to stop. Lol

Just keep swimming swimming swimming. :)

I am soooo getting powdered Peanut Butter it sounds great! These posts are a great read, I have a great family friend support system but they do not really understand! I am in the itchy, no bra club as well! Heidi you are a Rock Star so are any of you back at work I have time so I am taking it!!! I have a 3 year old it's hard not picking her up!!!

I actually don't feel bloated at all really. My stomach is much smaller than pre-surgery, which I'm definitely loving. I used to have a lot of lower back pain that I don't have now.

And now it's time for a TMi moment......

I wonder if anyone outside of Bariatric land knows what NSV stands for? Probably not. That's a "non-scale victory" for those of you not in the know :)

So it dawned on me yesterday that a serious issue I was being plagued with in middle-age has disappeared! Prior to surgery, I constantly felt like I had to pee! Sometimes I would rush to the bathroom only to have a small amount come out. It felt like something was sitting on top of my bladder. I would pee and 2 minutes later I felt like I had to pee again! It was a frustrating cycle and my doctor and I concluded I had organ prolapse resulting from age and my muscles weakening from childbirth.

Post surgery, the problem is GONE. The only thing I can conclude is my stomach was sitting on top of my bladder. With most of it gone, it's allowed things to shift around inside of me and now everyone seems to have their own "personal space" within and are happy!

I am thrilled! Just in time for a long weekend car ride to Yosemite! Don't worry girls, I won't be hiking any major trails this trip. I plan on finding a nice place to plop myself down and reading a book while the rest of my adventurous family hikes.

Can I get a shout out for bladder control?!?! Awesome!!!

Edited by Bluesea71

And now it's time for a TMi moment......

I wonder if anyone outside of Bariatric land knows what NSV stands for? Probably not. That's a "non-scale victory" for those you not in the know :)

So it dawned on me yesterday that a serious issue I was being plagued with in middle-age has disappeared! Prior to surgery, I constantly felt like I had to pee! Sometimes I would rush to the bathroom only to have a small amount come out. It felt like something was sitting on top of my bladder. I would pee and 2 minutes later I felt like I had to pee again! It was a frustrating cycle and my doctor and I concluded I had organ prolapse resulting from age and my muscles weakening from childbirth.

Post surgery, the problem is GONE. The only thing I can conclude is my stomach was sitting on top of my bladder. With most of it gone, it's allowed things to shift around inside of me and now everyone seems to have their own "personal space" within and are happy!

I am thrilled! Just in time for a long weekend car ride to Yosemite! Don't worry girls, I won't be hiking any major trails this trip. I plan on finding a nice place to plop myself down and reading a book while the rest of my adventurous family hikes.

Can I get a shout out for bladder control?!?! Awesome!!!

I am very short waisted and I always felt the pressure on my bladder; but now I don't and its awesome. I am not getting that much fluids in ; I was only able to do about 36 oz yesterday of Water. I hope the not needing to pee isn't related to dehydration

Edited by webhopper

I'm on my way home (about halfway through a 10.5 hour drive). It's been really rough. I got basically no sleep last night and the pain that I'm in is nearly unbearable. It's a combo of gas and soreness, I think. They gave me hydrocodone for pain but that does nothing for the gas. <br><br> Honestly, if I'd had any idea the pain would be this bad, I might have chosen differently. <br><br> I'm glad to hear that all of you made it through. Hopefully these aches and pains that we're having will go away quickly and we can get started losing and enjoying.

Give it time, you will be fine!

BlueSea - I totally know what you are talking about! After my last two kids, I was constantly getting urinary tract infections and actually had to go see a urologist because of frequent infections and frequent potty breaks. I even quit drinking caffiene to try to elleviate the problem and it helped but any time I had a caffienated beverage I could feel it coming on. Another problem was my blood pressure medicine. I had to take a prescription diuretic and I literally went every 30 minutes some days. Well, the last dose was the day of my surgery and the dr told me not to take that for the next two weeks and see how my BP does with just the one medication. So, no more waking up 3 or more time to go in the middle of the night! So again, I totally understand this victory and hope I can stay off this Water pill forever!

And now it's time for a TMi moment......<br><br><br> I wonder if anyone outside of Bariatric land knows what NSV stands for? Probably not. That's a "non-scale victory" for those you not in the know :)<br><br><br> So it dawned on me yesterday that a serious issue I was being plagued with in middle-age has disappeared! Prior to surgery, I constantly felt like I had to pee! Sometimes I would rush to the bathroom only to have a small amount come out. It felt like something was sitting on top of my bladder. I would pee and 2 minutes later I felt like I had to pee again! It was a frustrating cycle and my doctor and I concluded I had organ prolapse resulting from age and my muscles weakening from childbirth. <br><br><br> Post surgery, the problem is GONE. The only thing I can conclude is my stomach was sitting on top of my bladder. With most of it gone, it's allowed things to shift around inside of me and now everyone seems to have their own "personal space" within and are happy!<br><br><br> I am thrilled! Just in time for a long weekend car ride to Yosemite! Don't worry girls, I won't be hiking any major trails this trip. I plan on finding a nice place to plop myself down and reading a book while the rest of my adventurous family hikes. <br><br><br> Can I get a shout out for bladder control?!?! Awesome!!!

I had the bladder problem & it's gone post op. Yay!

I had a bladder issue too and I totally forgot to even think about it. It's gone! That's like the best NSV ever!

I have an issue that no doctor had been able to diagnose. My urethra burns nearly constantly and most times when I go to the bathroom it burns unless I'm very hydrated. There's no infection. The condition had sort of improved before surgery. It was still there most of the time but was much less painful and some days it didn't burn at all. Unfortunately since surgery it's been back and more painful. I'm guessing because of the lack of fluids. Before I had to chug Water to keep my urine from being too acidic (which reduced the burning). Obviously that's no longer possible, so that has been a bummer. I'd hoped that the weight of my stomach was causing part of it but that's apparently not the case.

After doing research, I think it's a pelvic floor disorder because the burning is not affected by foods/drinks and it gets better when I lay down. Problem is getting the diagnosis and finding a pelvic floor PT.

I will say that the weight loss has made my debilitating lower back pain go away. Before surgery I couldn't walk around for more than five minutes without having to sit because my back hurt. So that is a definite plus.

I feel so bloated today. Anyone have/had this issue? I mean I was a little bloated right after surgery but all of a sudden today Im overly bloated. So not a nice feeling.