Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I want for my life

Haha...I read this post title as "Thighs that I want" and thought yes, I do want skinny thighs in my life.

Shop for regular clothes in normal sizes, not "womans", easily tie my shoes, easily cross my legs, take yoga again without feeling like an awkward hippo, get off bp meds, look good, feel good, not feel like my weight is all someone sees when they look at me, learn to run.

Most excellent post! These are the threads that help me stay focused. I've not done a list since several months preop. I'm 5 weeks post and while I don't think I've scratched any off the list, I've not felt this good about life in a long time. Not sure if this matches my original list but....

1). Ski again. With my kids and extended family. This might be a pipe dream due to other factors but bit remains #1 on the list.

2) Buy clothes from any store I want. I'm ok if I never make a size 8 but no more W's or X's!

3) be able to tolerate walking in England/Scotland when I go in 2017.

4) Kayak with my kids at my moms lake house. I did this last summer at my highest. It was fun but also miserably embarrassing.

5) not be the largest woman in the room.

6) To have better sex. This is also dependent on several other factors but, yes, it's on the list.

7) To walk independently at 65. If I hadn't had this surgery, I would have been heading there.

8) to lose my cpap. I hate that thing.

9) to snorkel, swim and be active et the beach instead of hide away in my chair. (Extra skin won't make this pretty but at least I'd have the energy to do it).

10) to be a better role model for my kids.

That's a big list. I've got more I'm sure. 50 pounds gone already and I can now cross my legs. I fit in most seats at least with a little (albeit tiny) room. And I'm going to see Bruce Soringsteen in concert tomorrow. I ordered general admission tickets, no chairs. He's my man and while I've seen him in concert before, I've always been in a seat. My bucket list included a Springsteen concert on the floor, like as close to the stage as I could get! While being on my legs standing all night is still gonna be hard, it would have been impossible 50 pounds ago.

Excited for all of us!

It's amazing how the simplest things will make us the happiest. I need to add one. I worked around the house all day, cleaning carpets and hanging pictures. I am in horrible pain. Can't wait to able to work like a normal person and not hurt.

Great post

Getting small is at the top of my list.

Then I could:

Cross my legs, tie my shoes, sit in those small stadium seats at Braves game, find long lost bones like ribs, hips and clavicle but most of all I'd like to break the cycle of obesity in my family. I'm the one who had the surgery but some of my family have been following the program and have been successful in losing weight. They are finding that they like the low carb dishes that I'm making. We look forward to a "smaller" family reunion this December.

This is great! I just have to say that I've been blogging since my first pre-op doc appointment and early on I wrote a blog post about my "bucket" list for after surgery. It was very helpful and motivational for me. I went back to that post again and again when I would doubt my decision to have the surgery (before) and when I would be having a rough day in the first couple of weeks after surgery. It's been awesome to go back to that list now and see that I've checked off a majority of the "bucket list" items and it's only been 7 months since surgery!

Good for you, and keep this list somewhere so you can go back to it! You will need the reminder at some points along the journey of why you've made this decision and what you hope to gain from it beyond losing weight.

Oh boy...

Above all....get off my meds! Then...

1. Not be the fattest one in the room.

2. Not feel like a hypocrite for teaching Nutrition class

3. Paint my own toes

4. Tuck my shirt in.

5. Be able to plant a garden without sitting my fat bottom on the ground.

6. Wake up refreshed, not more sore.

7. To wear clothes whose size does not contain an X.

8. Ride a bike

9. Beome SCUBA certified

10. Sit cross legged without my legs falling asleep.

Feel good in my clothes..

Feel good without my clothes;)

More energy..

Be more active..

Fearless to try new things, yoga, Pilates, run a 1/2 marathon the year I turn 50 (2016).

Cute boots that fit over my calves.

Become that photogenic person I once was, instead of hiding and avoiding having my picture taken, cause I don't want to see how large I really am ...

Surgery can't come soon enough, I am so looking to a improved better ME!!

Feel good in my clothes..

Feel good without my clothes;)

More energy..

Be more active..

Fearless to try new things, yoga, Pilates, run a 1/2 marathon the year I turn 50 (2016).

Cute boots that fit over my calves.

Become that photogenic person I once was, instead of hiding and avoiding having my picture taken, cause I don't want to see how large I really am ...

Surgery can't come soon enough, I am so looking to a improved better ME!!

I love that word fearless! Isn't that the truth!

Fearless is powerful- I have a beautiful friend that became a yoga instructor, has invited me several times to her small classes- I would love to go, but my mind would be in over drive- how bad do I look, how would I get in that pose in a graceful way-I would not find it relaxing at all-

Down the road - it excites me to go-