Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things I want for my life

I am getting more and more excited about the end results of this journey I am embarking on. I have always been a large guy with a few moments of moderate weight loss. I keep going through the things I want to do with my new life.

1. Skydive

2. Wake up with energy

3. Buy Cloths that don't have X's in the size

4. Play at the park with my daughter

5: Bend over

6. Not have a need to customize a chair I sit in

7. Not size up the strength of the chair before I sit down in it

8. Have enough room in the small stall of a bathroom to wipe easily

9. Be able to have the toilet paper on the wall hanger in my bathroom

10. Shop for cars easier (I'm 6'5" so this still may be tough)

11. Wake up not in pain

12. Be alive for my daughters graduation, marriage, Life!

13.Ride all the rides at an amusement park, not just the fat friendly ones

14. Be comfortable in a coach seat

15, comfortably keep both arm rests down in a movie theater

16. Be able to clip something to my belt (like a phone at work)

17. cross my legs easily

18. Not have the nick name "Big Guy"

19. Hop a fence

20. Be able to comfortably wear sandals for a day.

So here are 20 of my can't wait to's. What are yours?

love this post....

I want so much in my life, but I think the big one is to find someone who will appreciate the journey I have went on. My husband pased away in 2008 from suicide and I have not dated anyone since. I have always been self-conscious about my weight, but now I am excited at the fact I may be found attractive to someone. My only big goal is that I do not want to change my personality or seem different from weight loss. My crazy ways and attitude is one of the things that have attracted so many people in mylife.

The 2nd would be to wear a bathing suit without a coverup with it lol.

3.I want to walk in a store and n be able to look at the clothes that are in style.

So I am not asking for too much. lol

I am getting more and more excited about the end results of this journey I am embarking on. I have always been a large guy with a few moments of moderate weight loss. I keep going through the things I want to do with my new life. 1. Skydive 2. Wake up with energy 3. Buy Cloths that don't have X's in the size 4. Play at the park with my daughter 5: Bend over 6. Not have a need to customize a chair I sit in 7. Not size up the strength of the chair before I sit down in it 8. Have enough room in the small stall of a bathroom to wipe easily 9. Be able to have the toilet paper on the wall hanger in my bathroom 10. Shop for cars easier (I'm 6'5" so this still may be tough) 11. Wake up not in pain 12. Be alive for my daughters graduation, marriage, Life! 13.Ride all the rides at an amusement park, not just the fat friendly ones 14. Be comfortable in a coach seat 15, comfortably keep both arm rests down in a movie theater 16. Be able to clip something to my belt (like a phone at work) 17. cross my legs easily 18. Not have the nick name "Big Guy" 19. Hop a fence 20. Be able to comfortably wear sandals for a day. So here are 20 of my can't wait to's. What are yours?

. Fantastic post!! Mine is to feel healthy! To look forward to summer at the pool and to walk into any store and fit into any clothes!!

Awesome post! Let's see ... to buy clothes in a regular store, wear cute rain boots, ride rides with my kids without worrying I won't fit, sit in any chair without worrying, take the stairs, hike and bike with my boys, have the energy to get things done, and go to my next class reunion wearing my senior prom dress!

Great thread! Here goes....

Walk up a flight of stairs without being winded....then 2 etc

Go for long bike rides

Tuck my shirt in

Not worry about chairs and if they are sturdy enough for me or have to look for ones without arms

Be able to fit in a booth at a restaurant

Be able to wear cute sandals without my dogs barking

Fly in coach.....so many places I want to go!

Be able to buy clothes in any department store

Be comfortable in seats at the ballpark and symphony etc

Be able to walk long distances so that the zoo and botanical gardens aren't a challenge

Have energy after a long day

Feel confident when speaking in front of a large group

See my clavicles!

It's definitely the little things I look forward to the most. I can relate to pretty much everything all of you have already mentioned. Most of all I'd love to be able to kick these blood pressure meds. At least one of 'em (I'm on two different BP medications). I also wouldn't mind dodging the diabetic bullet that I know has my name on it.

Sophie'sChoice... What does this mean? I am so confused by this sentence.

Sophie'sChoice... What does this mean? I am so confused by this sentence.

With out her feet hurting. Lol

Edited by Gettinsmall

With out her feet hurting. Lol

Ohhhhhhhhh is that what that means?! LOLOL it must be a regional expression

I love this topic...here are a few on my newly created list:

1. Less pain in my joints

2. Being able to wear the smaller clothes in my closet and my heels!

3. NO Back Fat!

4. Low BP

5. No more thigh rubbing!

Keep it going!

Elfnow, sorry! I bet that WAS confusing! LOL

Some of my items on my "healthy to-do list"

-get back into long distance cycling

-not feel as if I am the fattest chick in the room

-be able to do some yoga poses that require bending at the waist

-Enjoy laying around in my swimsuit

-be able to keep up with my husband hiking, swiming, and camping...oh and did I mention cycling?

-Play with the Kama Sutra instead of just read about it

-paint my own toenails

-shop in the non-plus size clothing sections

-Snowboard again

-plant my front yard without being out of breath

-climbing more than 2 flights of stairs without feeling out of breath

-oh, yeah, and start cycling again :)

Some of my items on my "healthy to-do list" -get back into long distance cycling -not feel as if I am the fattest chick in the room -be able to do some yoga poses that require bending at the waist -Enjoy laying around in my swimsuit -be able to keep up with my husband hiking, swiming, and camping...oh and did I mention cycling? -Play with the Kama Sutra instead of just read about it -paint my own toenails -shop in the non-plus size clothing sections -Snowboard again -plant my front yard without being out of breath -climbing more than 2 flights of stairs without feeling out of breath -oh, yeah, and start cycling again :)

I feel like you might have left something out - have you ever gone cycling? It's pretty awesome!!

I haven't ridden my bike in 3 years... And now I am DYING TO. :)

Some of my items on my "healthy to-do list"

-get back into long distance cycling

-not feel as if I am the fattest chick in the room

-be able to do some yoga poses that require bending at the waist

-Enjoy laying around in my swimsuit

-be able to keep up with my husband hiking, swiming, and camping...oh and did I mention cycling?

-Play with the Kama Sutra instead of just read about it

-paint my own toenails

-shop in the non-plus size clothing sections

-Snowboard again

-plant my front yard without being out of breath

-climbing more than 2 flights of stairs without feeling out of breath

-oh, yeah, and start cycling again :)

Never a big cyclist however last time I tried to ride a bike was 6 years ago and it was more pain than it was worth. I very much want to be able to cycle with my children. Good call on the cycling.. I need to add it to my 20

I did long-distance cycling years ago and it was exciting and a wonderful way to see the countryside-we have beautiful wildflowers in the spring (albeit, spring in Texas is quite short), and it was a great way for me to decompress and do some positive internal dialogue...not to mention the cute boys in shorts >.>

I did the metric century ride (100 km) for the Hotter than Hell 100, several years ago, and I want to now do the big 100 mile ride.