Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on march 8th....my highest weight was 309 day of surgery 299....today I'm 270 and I have been stuck at 270 for 2 weeks ughhhhh very frustrating. Anyway I'm so hungry ALL THE TIME....I want to eat everything....the first two weeks after my surgery I was never hungry now all I want to do is eat and snack and my stomach is but so big so I find myself over eating and throwing up after :( I need HELP...is anyone else feeling this way? why am I so HUNGRY??

I started feeling hungry on day 10 post op. None of that enjoyment of the Ghrelin removal for me. It's now been 9 mths and I can eat slower now, making me eat less. For 3 1/2 yrs post op lapband, I couldn't ever figure out how to slow down my eating, making me eat too much and then frequently vomit. Now that vomiting isn't so easy to be had (I used to bend over and up would come whatever I just ate. Now it's a long drawn out process and hardly produces results. So to not result in constant pain, I've had to learn how to slow down, making me automatically eat less. The stomach and the brain don't immediately connect when ur full. Sometimes it takes up to 20 minutes, making u automatcially overeat if u eat too fast.

I know how ur feeling tho. U should most likely be on a tleast a soft diet by now which is much more satiating than the liquid diet. But it's still not as filling as a regular diet. Wait till u start eating firm Proteins, that will help u eat small amounts and stay fuller longer. I'm hungrier more often now than I was pre op. But I only eat a very small amt before getting full, making me hungry again in 2 hrs. So I always keep a baggy of almonds in my purse in case I'm desperate. We tend to make poor choices when we're starving.

Good luck to u!

I am hungry too @ Melle! Somedays more than others.....I thought with the ghrelin gland decrease it would help decrease the hunger sensation.

I never stopped being hungry. I think my surgeon missed the gherkin section.

Ghrelin

I always remind myself that its not stomach hunger but head hunger. That and Water. Somedays are better than others. But as long as you don't make yourself sick, just try and do better next time. :)

I wanted appetite suppressants. Right around 3 weeks the hunger and stall set in with full force. Take a PPI that helps with the hunger.

Mind over matter! Drink Water or have a Protein Shake, walk around the block once, go on bariatric pal. Keep your mind busy.

I use mind over matter all the time. Especially at the gym. I always say to myself "it's your mind giving up not your legs". Then I just push through it.

What about when you are on the 4 Protein Shakes a day do u have to wait 30 min before and after a shake to have Water of a popsicle?

You might examine the things your eating. Are you sticking with Protein and vegetables?

I know that if I eat carbs from starch, sugar or fruit, I get and stay hungry. I've noticed that I get hungrier as I eat things like Pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar or chips. I stay full for about 2 hours then come crashing down and feel hungry all over again.

I have to limit my intake of those items. Now I try eating Protein first when I get a craving for sweets - doesn't always work :rolleyes: , but it leaves less room in my stomach for the thing I'm craving.

@@marfar7 thanks much....I noticed when I do eat to fast I vomit immediately....this whole thing is such a learning process....I'm so use to eating fast and not chewing slow....I will get there. Thanks again

I am hungry too @ Melle! Somedays more than others.....I thought with the ghrelin gland decrease it would help decrease the hunger sensation.

I guess not seem like it didn't work! :/

I never stopped being hungry. I think my surgeon missed the gherkin section.

I think mines missed mines too lol :(

I always remind myself that its not stomach hunger but head hunger. That and Water. Somedays are better than others. But as long as you don't make yourself sick, just try and do better next time. :)

you know I really didn't think of it that way but your so right it's totally this mind of mines :( thanks for your advice!!

Mind over matter! Drink Water or have a Protein Shake, walk around the block once, go on bariatric pal. Keep your mind busy. I use mind over matter all the time. Especially at the gym. I always say to myself "it's your mind giving up not your legs". Then I just push through it.

I do now really think it's a mind think never thought about it till now....thanks!