Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Tanya, how are you doing now? Better I hope!

Yes feeling better. Still not at a point where I would recommend this surgery to others but I am getting better physically and mentally. Thanks for asking :)

I'm so sorry for all the hell you've been going through. I know it's hell! I'm 1 week out of surgery and the first 4 days I was scared to death and regretting my decision! I literally thought I needed to sign myself into a psych ward! I thought for sure I'd never be able to get enough fluids in and I'd end up on an iv drop for the rest of my life! The surgery really does play a toll on your mental stability. I'm happy to report that I am doing much better. I'm now drinking so much Fluid I'm concerned I'm drinking too much! I've stopped crying and freaking out. It really does get easier. Healing time is different for everyone. Everyone's journey is different. The thing that helped me the most was prayer and trusting in my God to take care of me. I'll be praying you start feeling much better and very soon. God bless you (((hugs))) Hang in there! Nothing worth having is ever easy! ;-)

I asked quite often why the heck I did this early on. My surgeon puts EVERYONE on an acid reducer for the first 3 months post op. I've never been on acid reflux meds in my life. Did they give you Zofran? That helped early on for me.

Things will get better!

Feel better, time is your friend, I am sure you will have a differnt outlook in several weeks.:)

I lost weight so I'm happy about that and my surgeon did what he was supposed to. He's a good guy.

That's out of the way! I had hiatal hernia surgery too. I'm a year in, and my biggest issues are acid reflux and arthritis not caused by the surgery... I thought that the sleeve would alleviate it! I was wrong! The arthritis is WORSE!

Please don't worry about regrets... Move forward! For me, to help with acid reflux, fermented food like pickles and sauerkraut help in between meals. Increase you B12... You're not breaking down your Proteins well. Eat organic if possible. To help with heartburn have apple cider vinegar in a cup of water... Baking soda in Water with a little lemon or lime works too.

Many believe that we should all megadose on Vitamins. It's safe... You will have more energy, won't have any Hair loss etc...Let me know how you do.

Hi Morgan, I just read your post and I am sorry to hear you are having such a rough time. I was sleeved on 3/31 and spent the first week truly miserable. I was unable to tolerate the liquid Lortab and had to crush Norco in a sandwich bag to get pain relief. Swallowing was pure hell, and I cried at least four times that week. On day 7 I decided enough was enough and that I had to do my part no matter what. Sipping became my job. All day I kept a Water bottle in my hand, walked, and used my incentive spirometer. I started each day with a cup of juice and a prayer for strength. Today I am 16 days post op and feel awesome. Yes I run into hiccups. But I am 22 pounds down, have energy, and see the new me emerging everyday. You will get past this. You will preserve, but most importantly you will emerge better than before. You have made a commitment to change your life, honor it and yourself. I know it's not what you expected. No matter what happens today, you can find comfort in the fact that this day will end and another will begin with as stronger you.

Well I'm ready to give up. I was sleeved on 3/31, stayed in the hospital for 5 days because I couldn't swallow anything, came home and had terrible cramps every time I tried to drink any Protein. For the last 2 weeks I have made every possible attempt to get in my Protein and fluids. That's all I do, plus my 30 minutes exercise. And yet I've only lost 7 lbs since surgery. If I was losing weight I'd probably have no regrets but as it is right now, this is the biggest mistake I've ever made. It takes me an hour to drink an 8 oz shake. I have to wait an hour before I can drink anything or I have major pain. My entire day is spent focused on trying to get in protein and fluids. It's absurd! I even stay up late, trying to eat one last yogurt to reach the protein goal. And for what? I lost 7 lbs the first week and nothing since. Everything else was pre-op when I was basically eating a regular diet.

I can't complain to my family because everyone was opposed to the surgery. You know, I'm doing everything right and I'm not losing weight. I can honestly say I would never, ever, recommend this surgery because my life only consists of sip, sip, sip, without any reward.

Sorry to be such a downer but I'm at the end of my rope.

@Mrs. Whatsit sorry you are having such difficulties...and it may be cliche....but "this too shall pass"... things will get better and the weight will start to come off and you will look back and wonder why you regreted the surgery in the first place... keep us up to date so we can find out how you are feeling/doing... the first few weeks can be trying for many new WLS members, but it WILL get better!

Hey Morgan. Looking to see how you're feeling...want to update? I really hope you're feeling better.

Well I'm ready to give up. I was sleeved on 3/31, stayed in the hospital for 5 days because I couldn't swallow anything, came home and had terrible cramps every time I tried to drink any Protein. For the last 2 weeks I have made every possible attempt to get in my protein and fluids. That's all I do, plus my 30 minutes exercise. And yet I've only lost 7 lbs since surgery. If I was losing weight I'd probably have no regrets but as it is right now, this is the biggest mistake I've ever made. It takes me an hour to drink an 8 oz shake. I have to wait an hour before I can drink anything or I have major pain. My entire day is spent focused on trying to get in protein and fluids. It's absurd! I even stay up late, trying to eat one last yogurt to reach the protein goal. And for what? I lost 7 lbs the first week and nothing since. Everything else was pre-op when I was basically eating a regular diet. I can't complain to my family because everyone was opposed to the surgery. You know, I'm doing everything right and I'm not losing weight. I can honestly say I would never, ever, recommend this surgery because my life only consists of sip, sip, sip, without any reward. Sorry to be such a downer but I'm at the end of my rope.

I lost the first week and then quit losing for 2 - 3 weeks. It is frustrating (especially when everything is so hard), but it will pass. Hang in there - you are doing what you need to do to care for yourself.

<p>Ladies, How long did it take you get back to normal? I was approved about a month ago but havent moved forward yet because i have trips etc planned. I am wondering is a couple of weeks or longer. Reading the forum makes me think differently. I didnt realize it would be such a major process of healing..</p> <p> </p> <p>Also I am converting from a band to a sleeve. </p>

I'm at 7 weeks and I don't feel normal yet!! But with the hiatal hernia repair it took a good 6 weeks for me to feel better and not so tired. So somewhere between 4-6 weeks is a good target. You are smart to postpone. No fun traveling after this surgery.