Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all.. I just had my surgery on the 31st of March. That puts me at 7 days out. I'm having a very difficult time.. No had hunger or feelings of hunger from my stomach. My problem is I am always feeling faint and weak. I am getting the recommended dose for Water and Protein as well as taking my Vitamins. I have no energy and I go back to work tomorrow. I have pain still but honestly, I feel like that is the least of my worries. Please tell me when the weakness and faint feelings will subside?

It took me a month to feel OK again. Everyone is different. Some people bounce back very quickly, but I wasn't one of them. Glad to hear your are getting your Water and Protein and vits in, that is so important and will help you feel better soon. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Sounds like you are doing great, normal. If you're able to meet your goals try to get in more Protein and Water. It wasn't until I was about 4-6 weeks out until I started feeling normal again. In the meantime just take it as easy as you can and do your best to get everything in. It will get better. .. promise

Keep up with the Water and Protein. And ask your doc about adding B12. That helped me with weakness/dizziness I had around 2-3 weeks.

Another thing to consider is your electrolytes and salt intake. If you're drinking mostly Water, you could try to add gatorade or something like that. Or, try chicken broth. I know when I was having dizziness issues, lack of salt was part of the problem.

6 weeks out and finally have energy. This is a major surgery. It takes a while to bounce back from any surgery. They just removed 85% of a major organ. Take it slow and easy. At first your body is in shock and trying to get used to surviving on so few calories.

6 weeks out and finally have energy. This is a major surgery. It takes a while to bounce back from any surgery. They just removed 85% of a major organ. Take it slow and easy. At first your body is in shock and trying to get used to surviving on so few calories.

yup. I'm almost 7 weeks out and am just now having any kind if energy.

It took me about a month... I had headaches all months suffer from Migraines and they did get better! My question to anyone is I had surgery on February 21 and I have only loser 24 pounds I'm getting frustrated is this normal. I thought I would loose more I'm at a plateau and scale won't budge it's been over 2 weeks! Help?

About 4 weeks for me on weakness. But one thing for you to consider is medications. Do you take blood pressure meds or other types of meds? They may need to be adjusted if you are feeling dizzy. Here's to you feeling better soon. Take naps when you can. Rest during break times at work :-)