Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my2 mine is the 23rd too! I start a one week low fat liquid diet this Friday. 100% fruit juice, skim k, sugar free pops, sugar free Jello , Protein shakes and low fat chicken cream Soup and Tomato Soup ugh.... Right this second I'm scared but in an hour or two I'll probably be excited again. too have been flip flopping back and forth emotionally. So happy to see others feel the same. Its a huge life changer! Just have to keep telling myself its only food and I will be much healthier. Easier said right lol

Gettinfit, I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Yes, it is a lot easier said than done, but when I am being rational and thinking clearly, I realize that child birth also wasn't a walk in the park - and look at those rewards! I know this is what I need to do, I just get scared, and then start to talk myself out of it. One and a half weeks from now, it'll all be over, and then the journey can truly begin. :)

Congrats Ladies! Just remember everything worth obtaining is hard, if it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it rewarding. You gals got this!!

I was sleeved yesterday. Feeling pretty sore in one stab site. And the nausea and heartburn are killing me. My surgeon checks twice for leaks and I have none thank god. I don't have the bad had at all. I'm just really tired. Been up walking a little.

I get sleeved Monday and feel ready! Anyone have any tips of ways to prepare home for post surgery (foods/pillows etc)? Or anything you were so happy to have in the hospital from home ?

I'm supposed to be in there one night! My husband will stay with me so that's a comfort. food funerals all weekend til Sunday night.

Congrats to all sleeved, recovering and pending

-MB????????????

I get sleeved Monday and feel ready! Anyone have any tips of ways to prepare home for post surgery (foods/pillows etc)? Or anything you were so happy to have in the hospital from home ?

I'm supposed to be in there one night! My husband will stay with me so that's a comfort. food funerals all weekend til Sunday night.

Congrats to all sleeved, recovering and pending

-MB

I am with you ...scheduled for Monday early am !!!! Best of luck to you and wishing you a speedy recovery :D

I'm excited for you! I like your question and was wondering the same thing. I was supposed to get sleeved may 20, but it got moved to may 27 or June 3. I'm anxious to read your updates. Through reading the posts I've decided to have gas-x strips and a heating pad readily available!!!

I was sleeved yesterday. Feeling pretty sore in one stab site. And the nausea and heartburn are killing me. My surgeon checks twice for leaks and I have none thank god. I don't have the bad had at all. I'm just really tired. Been up walking a little.

Oh, Ladybug123, I feel your pain! I was sleeved on Monday and did great up until about 8:30 or 9:00 Monday night. My nausea was so horrible that they had to put me NPO (nothing by mouth) all day on Tuesday, so I had to stay another day. I've had food poisoning twice and this nausea was so much worse than when I had food poisoning. Absolutely worst experience of my life. The doctors did an MRI, barium swallow (that came back up quickly!) CT scan and x-rays and concluded that there is no leak - that it is just my body freaking out over the new curvature of my stomach. I'm still having nausea and gas cramps, but they're getting better each day and I'm keeping my fluids down. Not meeting my liquids goal yet, but at least I'm not toooo dehydrated. Ironically, my nausea started really soon after I did a GasX strip Monday night. My nurse scolded me and said that she has seen so many patients get increased nausea after taking GasX shortly after surgery. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Oh, Ladybug123, I feel your pain! I was sleeved on Monday and did great up until about 8:30 or 9:00 Monday night. My nausea was so horrible that they had to put me NPO (nothing by mouth) all day on Tuesday, so I had to stay another day. I've had food poisoning twice and this nausea was so much worse than when I had food poisoning. Absolutely worst experience of my life. The doctors did an MRI, barium swallow (that came back up quickly!) CT scan and x-rays and concluded that there is no leak - that it is just my body freaking out over the new curvature of my stomach. I'm still having nausea and gas cramps, but they're getting better each day and I'm keeping my fluids down. Not meeting my liquids goal yet, but at least I'm not toooo dehydrated. Ironically, my nausea started really soon after I did a GasX strip Monday night. My nurse scolded me and said that she has seen so many patients get increased nausea after taking GasX shortly after surgery. I sure hope you feel better soon.

OMG is good to know about gas-x strips!!!! Maybe those aren't any good!!!!! Yikes!!!

OMG is good to know about gas-x strips!!!! Maybe those aren't any good!!!!! Yikes!!!

The nurse said that they are too hard on the stomach that soon after surgery when everything is still so raw. I know I'd never take it again if I had it to do over.

For those of you seeing Dr. Kim in Colleyville, just thought I'd let you know that Texas General was great. The nurses are all very sweet and the hospital is clean. You get your own room with no roommate There is a pull out sofa in each room if your SO wants to stay overnight with you and a lounge on each floor with vending machines. Plus a cafeteria on the first floor. I did sometimes get conflicting instructions from my nurses as to how often to do something (like use the breathing spirometer - was told by three different nurses to do it 30 minutes, 1 hour, and every two hours), so that was kind of confusing. They also have a person come by who is a respiratory nurse to make sure you're doing your breathing. The TV is free and there is Wi-fi (although sporadic). Best of luck to all of you headed that way soon.

En Route to Tijuana, sleeved tomorrow!!

How was your sleeve? Hope all went well?

How does everyone's large incision feel? Mine is a ton better but it still hits to use muscles in that spot.

Still a little sore. Its the only one that I hold while getting up. Still green around it.

No nausea for me and I used the gas x. It helped the gas pain an awful lot. Day three very little gas pains. Finally.

Determined to feel great tomorrow. Planning on a shower first thing. Isopure grape is a lifesaver!

How does everyone's large incision feel? Mine is a ton better but it still hits to use muscles in that spot.

Still a little sore. Its the only one that I hold while getting up. Still green around it.

Mine is sore too. I sneezed really hard and feel like a strained a muscle on that side. Oh well, can't really complain otherwise so I'll take it.