Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Would a Popsicle that's not sugar free be a bad idea? Would it hurt?

Not sure if that would be a good idea? Can you go get some sugar free ones? They have been life saving for me?

I have sugar free at home but was out with my kids fiending for something. I skipped because I'm petrified of the pain.

My doctor actually recommended regular sugar popsicles and no sugar-free items the first week after surgery during the clear liquid phase for 7 days. He says we need the calories for energy because we aren't taking that much in. But if you are in a great deal of pain I would be blowing up my surgeon's phone until he/she answers my call.

My doctor actually recommended regular sugar popsicles and no sugar-free items the first week after surgery during the clear liquid phase for 7 days. He says we need the calories for energy because we aren't taking that much in. But if you are in a great deal of pain I would be blowing up my surgeon's phone until he/she answers my call.

Just another testament to how different surgeons are regarding pretty much every aspect of surgery lol . If you are in pain call the surgeon for sure!

Happy Memorial Day to my fellow May Sleevers. Hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying the weekend. Wondering how everyone is dealing with the holiday and all that BBQ? Yesterday I chewed and spit a bit of pickle but a seed accidentally got down and gave me pain for 10 minutes. Do not try this. Lick something instead. I'm getting alittle stir crazy not chewing. Anyone else? Plus sick of all the sweet stuff.

I puréed tri tip and was happy!

What's that? And I ate tuna fish!

Happy Memorial Day to my fellow May Sleevers. Hope everyone is feeling good and enjoying the weekend. Wondering how everyone is dealing with the holiday and all that BBQ? Yesterday I chewed and spit a bit of pickle but a seed accidentally got down and gave me pain for 10 minutes. Do not try this. Lick something instead. I'm getting alittle stir crazy not chewing. Anyone else? Plus sick of all the sweet stuff.

No sweet stuff over here, I did eat some mushy baked beans! I ate some puréed chicken!

No courage for any of that and I had no BBQ temptation around. I stayed in.

I'm still a week away from mushy foods but went to a BBQ today. Was ok through main BBQ food but when the 10 diff Desserts came out I was fiending.

I'm loving hearing about people experimenting with their mushy foods.

My diet is 80% Powerade zero and G2. Alternated by broth, crystal light and Water. And Popsicles.

Made a slushee of ensure clear peach doctored with crystal light and it was palatable. i made Popsicles with it not as good.

I had my sleeve on May 12 and am really struggling. Starting on May 20, I developed a horrible pain on my left side/back. It's pretty constant and really sharp. Even went to ER on Wednesday and they ruled out a leak or bowel obstruction or kidney stone. Doctors office is no help at all. Especially since ER doctor ruled out leak and the pain started a week after surgery so "it doesn't seem related to the sleeve." It is so debilitating. Anyone else having anything similar or heard of anything like this?

I really hate to read this. I'm so sorry you're struggling and in PAIN! Awful. Does anyone seem to have ANY sense of where the pain is coming from? Bariatric hospital that did surgery isn't any help? I'm just so sorry. I have my surgery June 3 so unfortunately no help. Maybe a hernia? Gall bladder?

You are so sweet. They ruled out gallbladder, leak, didn't see a hernia. Bari dr doesn't care cuz it's not related to the sleeve. ER dr was really condescending and said that some people just don't handle pain as well as others. Wanted to punch him in the nose. Idiot. The pain didn't start until 8 days AFTER surgery and I was tolerating the surgery pain just fine w no pain meds up to that point. Anyway, we are on a wait it out and see if it improves strategy. It has gotten a bit better over the last few days, but still need the Lortab sometimes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Gotta go back to work tomorrow regardless. Best of luck w your upcoming surgery. Is your pre-op diet ok?

I had my sleeve on May 12 and am really struggling. Starting on May 20, I developed a horrible pain on my left side/back. It's pretty constant and really sharp. Even went to ER on Wednesday and they ruled out a leak or bowel obstruction or kidney stone. Doctors office is no help at all. Especially since ER doctor ruled out leak and the pain started a week after surgery so "it doesn't seem related to the sleeve." It is so debilitating. Anyone else having anything similar or heard of anything like this?

I had right back pain for the first week and it was sore muscles. If you can't get in your fluids; is it cause your nauseous? Do you need a nausea pill?

I hope it gets better, :(

Thank you! Are you doing better?

I'm still a week away from mushy foods but went to a BBQ today. Was ok through main BBQ food but when the 10 diff desserts came out I was fiending.

I'm loving hearing about people experimenting with their mushy foods.

My diet is 80% Powerade zero and G2. Alternated by broth, crystal light and Water. And Popsicles.

Made a slushee of ensure clear peach doctored with crystal light and it was palatable. i made Popsicles with it not as good.

Are you going straight from cloudy liquids to mushy? Lucky girl! My Dr makes us do two weeks of blenderized foods before graduating to mushy. So 1 wk Clear Liquids, 2 wks cloudy liquids, 2 wks blenderized, then mushy. I stayed away from BBQ this weekend. Did chew and spit a pepperoni though. My family has ordered pizza (my favorite food) at least 10 times in the last 3 weeks!! Had my Girl Scout troop end of year party on Sunday and made it though everyone (girls and moms) eating pizza, ice cream sandwiches and cake while I sipped on ice water. Felt very martyr-ish. Wish the weight were falling off quicker so if have more motivation. Only lost 15 lbs since surgery despite taking in only about 200 cal a day. ...

What's that? And I ate tuna fish!

I'm sooooo looking forward to tuna fish!