Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Count me in... Had my sleeve done last week on may 23... Everything went well but the nausea and dry heaves nearly kicked my butt.... Even though I was taking all the meds they could give me, I still got so sick so ended up staying in the hospital 3 days bc I couldn't keep anything down in my own... Crazy.... But home now, no more nausea, doing shakes and liquids, haven't taken pain meds for the last 25 hours... So far so good... Excited to be in this journey... It's amazing to feel physical restriction when drinking or eating soft foods...I never seemed to ever feel that so would always over eat bc something tastes so good... Such a surreal feeling now...

Very exhausted though

When does the energy come back ??

Paula

It took my 3weeks but now i feel pretty good. Still a little tired in the pm. But today i started on solid food. I had grilled chicken and squash. It was yummy, i only ate about 1/2 cup total but it was good. Kinda just sits right there on your new tummy. Went for a walk and felt better. I hope you continue to improve.

I had soft beef in the crockpot with mushrooms. Yum!!

What else have you been eating? I've been eating soft foods and fresh fruit! I really did not do the purée stuff, I just made my good extra mushy! I feel fine, down 22 pounds!

I'm on day eleven of Clear Liquids (including day of surgery). I'm tired but have energy once or twice a day and I'm spent afterwards. I have 4 more days til I progress to purée and I can't wait for it. I think I'll start with eggs and chicken salad.< /p>

How have people been tolerating spices, herbs and distinct flavors? While currently I would eat anything with texture - I am trying to plan ahead for healthy but tasty eating.

Anyone try eating spicy? I love spicy but my surgeon said I might not be able to handle it.

MB

I've been adding spices to my chicken broth and it's been great.

Seeing my DR tomorrow and praying for puréed stage. Today I went to trader joes and bought a few frozen Entrees that seem like I could purée them and still have flavor. Chicken enchiladas, yum!

I have had green chile flavored refried Beans and it went down and stayed there fine. I use garlic, onion not so good, really repeats on me.

What else have you been eating? I've been eating soft foods and fresh fruit! I really did not do the purée stuff, I just made my good extra mushy! I feel fine, down 22 pounds!

Your down 22 since surgery?! I'm jealous!!! I'm only down 17. I am still doing purée for the most part. I will cheat with soft foods occasionally though. :)

I have had green chile flavored refried Beans and it went down and stayed there fine. I use garlic, onion not so good, really repeats on me.

Onions $uck me up now! And I LIVED them before!!!

Onions $uck me up now! And I LIVED them before!!!

That makes me sooooo sad! I start puree tomorrow and I used to LOVE onion, too, so I would have loved to flavor my food with them. I know they and bell peppers can cause a lot of gas. Wonder if that is the problem? Can you tolerate onion powder? Green chile flavored beans sounds great. What else have you been able to tolerate on puree? I think you are 5 days ahead of me (my surgery was May 12). So good to see that you are doing so well. :)

I put onion powder on my smooched broccoli last night and did ok.

Ok today I started soft foods and what do I make?! CAPRISE SALAD!

post-197629-0-42192700-1401518174_thumb.jpg

Omg! How'd you get that down? I puréed chicken and enchilada sauce and I paid for it all night with stomach pains. Going to try cottage cheese (yuk) and fruit this morning.

Ok today I started soft foods and what do I make?! CAPRISE SALAD!

That looks yummy, I've been eating soft foods! I know I've changed, I love fresh fruit and avacadoes! I'm about to go cook some egg whites and mushrooms and south western pieces of chicken!

The tomatoes made my tummy bubble. 'Twas good though!

Hello all you May-Sleevers. I've come to join you. I had my surgery on the 19th. Not loving it.....yet. I found this site just yesterday and have been lurking ever since.

Nina- I'm May 19th too. On day 14 clear liquids. I start purée on Tuesday. Last couple days I've had some bad acid reflux feeling at the top of my throat that I've never had before.

Not sure if it's because I'm so sick of clear liquids or something else.

Really looking forward to purée

Marni