Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April Sleevers?

Hi I'm leighann . I'm scheduled for April 29th. I've been on the liquid diet for a week now and haven't lost anything! I have cheated a couple times, but still would think I would have lost something !

Hi I'm leighann . I'm scheduled for April 29th. I've been on the liquid diet for a week now and haven't lost anything! I have cheated a couple times, but still would think I would have lost something !

Good luck on the 29th

Post-Op Day 4: Surgery was on April 16th. I find it challenging to type updates on my iPad, but it's better than going downstairs to the desktop. So here I go.

Swallowing Water is getting better. I can feel the water traveling from top to bottom, but it's no longer making me nauseated. So far I've only tried Isopure, V8 ( low sodium), Jello, water, broth, and pudding. Getting tired of it already. This evening I'm experimenting and mixed 1 scoop of vanilla Protein Shake with Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup, and added a scoop of instant coffee...yummy!!! My mind and I are pretending its Starbucks.

I no longer take any prescribed pain and nausea meds, only the heartburn one for 30 days. I sleep better at night without waking up to dry mouth. I take it extra slow turning to change positions.

Today was my first day out of the house. Although sometimes it's not fun, it's a blessing that my family is pretty strict with me about my limits; don't pick anything up! Get help up/down stairs! Don't open the door! Don't bend to pick anything up! You should pin your bulb to your bra. LoL!! I'll take the attention while I can. ;0)

I took my husband to Breakfast today. I did GREAT, but my mind remembered the delicious taste of everything on his plate; bacon, eggs, sausage, country potatoes, with a side of pancakes. Hubby didn't want to sit there and eat in front of me, but I told him that I have to work on it now, because my eating habits have to change. I talked myself through it, "Davina, you will eat again some day...these same foods...less of it, but you WILL eat again. I promise." I did great and stuck to my jello.

Through out the day it got a little harder since if did not prepare my "meal" ahead of time. I was thirsty and weak from hunger. When I came home, I made chili Beans for dinner and told my girls my favorite thing to do was "taste test" every piece of ingredient...but not today... Boy was I tempted!!!! I didn't want to get sick or tear my stapled stomach so I walked away. Whew!!

What are your challenges and how are you handling them?? What other recipes have you tried??

Congrats to new Sleevers!! Y'all keep in touch

where did you get your weight tracker? its so cute :) its sounds like your are doing amazing!!! your inspiring me and getting me more and more excited for my surgery on Thursday......my husband always feels bad eating in front of me as well, so your hubby isn't alone lol ......... good luck and keep up the amazing work :)

Bless your heart... You will be ok and you will do just fine...Remember you are having a competent surgeon who does this surgery all the time! You will be in good hands! This is your time to solider on to a better healthy life - this is a long thought out process & most of us thought about it a long time before taking this leap. You want this & you are going for it! Stay strong. You are in my thoughts - I'm cheering for you! ;) Keep us posted!

Thank you so much for your kind words, they are a great comfort to me!

Hugs,

Diann

Dsmith… I feel the same way. My surgery is thursday. N im sooo nervous… but I cant back out cause because I realky need to do this I have too many weight related health problems… my daughter did it last april and is down 120lbs and is doing great.. But its still so nerve racking… I just wish today was next tuesday already cause we woukd both be over this feeling

We are almost there! We must stay the course!

I have found some comfort the last few days in watching YouTube videos by post-ops. Just do a YouTube search for "VSG" and there are tons and tons of them! Watching others go through it and hearing their experiences makes me feel more prepared. .. And seeing their "before and after" photos is amazingly motivating!

Can't wait to be on the other side of this. Won't be long now. ...

I'm a week post op.. and I am praying for all of you for a speedy recovery. And for successful surgeries. In 3 weeks I am down 31.2 lbs. My best advice is to have faith that God has you right where u need to be. Going into surgery with a positive attitude will aid in recovery. The things I worried about preoperatively didn't even happen. Ice chips were like gold until I did the swallow test. Which I made it through without it coming up. Just remember walk walk walk and listen to your body. The pain and discomfort will end and every day you are closer to your new life"!!!!!!

Ok my surgery is tomorrow didn't do the liquid diet. Need to drink lots of fluids so i am hydrated. Been extremely busy to worry but tonight I'm a little anxious.

I'm on my way guys!!! So excited. Arriving by 530, procedure at 730. Fingers crossed!

I'm on my way guys!!! So excited. Arriving by 530, procedure at 730. Fingers crossed!

Good luck you . I'm ony way also :-))) prayers for us both !! ????

Surgery is done!!! Post op day one I feel great. Not to much gas pain so far. Swallow test done walking around. So far so good. I think the fear of the surgery and pain was sooooo much greater than the reality at least in my case. I pray things stay on this nice smooth track. Be blessed to those being sleeved today and those up coming sleevers.

Congrats sslade! Welcome to the sleeve world. Just be prepared when you get home, it's going to be a bit of challenge for a few days. Take it easy and keep us updated. God bless!

Surgery is done!!! Post op day one I feel great. Not to much gas pain so far. Swallow test done walking around. So far so good. I think the fear of the surgery and pain was sooooo much greater than the reality at least in my case. I pray things stay on this nice smooth track. Be blessed to those being sleeved today and those up coming sleevers.

, take it easy and sip,sip,sip...walk,walk,walk....can't wait for my day I hope I'm feeling great like you